Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Then for the love of God DO NOT try to play Subnautica. If less than 32 slots in a game with things that stack to ridiculous levels would make you quit entirely, then Subnautica would drive you to suicide within 5 minutes.

Diff is, Subnautica doesn't have a shop/trader system that I know of, so I don't really feel the need to carry a bunch of random junk to cart off to sell for money. So it kinda works better for it.

Diff is, Subnautica doesn't have a shop/trader system that I know of, so I don't really feel the need to carry a bunch of random junk to cart off to sell for money. So it kinda works better for it.

That reminds me.

Is there any thought on not having the dukes take up inventory slots? Either increase the stack size or put them in some kind of 'wallet' feature?

Complaints/mods regarding the inventory predate the traders in this game by a good margin....

Knowing that zombies attacked doors made me stop using doors... not like they were useful anyway. So I agree.

I figured this out pretty quick too, I noticed they always went for a door first if one existed. I did learn something new the other day though.. that the puking zombie cops can puke about 3 stories high. As I was on the 3rd floor of the daishong tower, and I was hiding over a hole in the floor, and well.. Cop zombie on horde night.. destroyed the bridge I was standing on, I just had plain old wood frames there, since I figured I was fine. I hit the floor below, SOMEHOW didn't break or sprain my leg, and got out the door, put my wheels back on my minibike and got the hell out of there. Best time I had in the game in a long time for a oh CRAP moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it will be too easy. I don't play the game for the Night Horde Defense, not because it wouldn't be fun, but because I cant generate enough resources to engage the night horde zombies and continue playing the way I do in the daytime.

I currently am trying to get enough bones for shotgun ammo by starting up 8 forges and constantly fighting the Screamer Hordes. I can get a lot of bones, so I MIGHT be able to play with shotgun turrets in A17. Its just during late game when base defense becomes pointless. Too many bullet sponges.

Umm what? Bones for shotgun ammo? There some recipie I don't know of in the base game?

That reminds me.

Is there any thought on not having the dukes take up inventory slots? Either increase the stack size or put them in some kind of 'wallet' feature?

It would definitely make life easier for me and other players for sure.

I thought, maybe add special inventory slot for dukes, which have an unlimited stack size, so you can take dukes with you and not worry about inventory space anymore.

That reminds me.

I'd like to know this too, I mean its easy to up the stack size, Wonder if I can set it to like 100k or something. I go and wrench one of those power stations I end up with thousands of electronic parts to sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Complaints/mods regarding the inventory predate the traders in this game by a good margin....

True, the inventory always has been too small, its getting worse with each alpha as it adds new clutter items. I just mod it now to what I want, I just wish the devs would have it preset in the dll to save like up to 120 slots in inv/vechicle inventory, so we just have to edit the xml files, and not have to mess with a .dll file to do it.

True, the inventory always has been too small, its getting worse with each alpha as it adds new clutter items.

Hah! Nice comeback. I walked into that for sure.

I completely disagree with you, of course. :)

I think it would be cool if you had to pay "dues" or "tributes" to Duke or whoever. If you don't pay up they come looking for their Dukes. It might be grindy but also a way to bring them to your door and spring your trap. Maybe when you're low level they just rough you up and don't demand as much, but as your skill and wealth increase so does the severity of their attacks.

I think it would be cool if you had to pay "dues" or "tributes" to Duke or whoever. If you don't pay up they come looking for their Dukes. It might be grindy but also a way to bring them to your door and spring your trap. Maybe when you're low level they just rough you up and don't demand as much, but as your skill and wealth increase so does the severity of their attacks.

you mean like....reputation....? ;)

Maybe if your base was 3x3 and only predictably until faatal adds in his advanced features...

Ok, never knew about these advanced features... (you can explain them in a pm ;))

I think we have the same DNA! I forgot I left my 7d2d character online until he lost over 80 wellness, but he didn't die! Is that a bug?

I did that very, very recently...except I was gone long enough to have died at least once :D

I'm just talking to those who are reading faatal's progress notes and then complaining that it is going to be too easy and too exploitable.

If you counted me in amongst those. Don't. I wasn't meaning it was going to be too easy. Mine was more of a "This may happen so now you can work some way around what could be an exploit before it is released" sort of thing. Unless he has already thought of all this and has it included in maybe some advanced features... :)

Knowing that zombies attacked doors made me stop using doors... not like they were useful anyway. So I agree.

Yeah can't remember last time I added a real door to any base I made or house I even used temporarily.

What's interesting is that if we were watching a movie or reading a book about a guy who woke up in a zombie apocalypse after being in a coma and he found some helpful survivors and one of those survivors said, " We discovered months ago that the zombies favor doors so we always use tunnels with camouflaged entrances. We think they must have some residual knowledge from before they were infected that makes those bastards instinctively seek out doors." -- we would then accept that exposition as the way the universe of the movie worked and happily watch the rest of the movie without thinking that those survivors were being cheap exploiting recognizable zombie behavior. (In fact, it is inexplicable why the characters in TWD never routinely rubbed guts on themselves whenever going out since they learned early on that it worked...)

But in games, we don't want to be bored by predictable enemy behavior. :)

Maybe they don't rub the guts on themselves all the time because 1st it sounds unsanitary to do and 2nd it is probably hard to find any decently clean water to wash with to use on a preventative measure that may not always be needed.

For me, I would just be attracting loads of zombies from all the hurling I would be doing.

Here's another question for those who are concerned that too-smart zombies will harm the game....

When the feature is implemented that makes it so that players who die come back as zombies and you play on a server with that feature toggled on, would you act like a dumb zombie to preserve the immersion factor of the game for the remaining survivors or would you use all your faculties to try and kill the still living players....?

;)

hmmmmmm, would that make it PVP?

Also are you for real? Is that going to be an option? Is it April 1st again?

hmmmmmm, would that make it PVP?

Also are you for real? Is that going to be an option? Is it April 1st again?

Its not even a stretch goal. Its listed as a core feature of the game on the kickstarter page

Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane.

Ok, never knew about these advanced features... (you can explain them in a pm ;))

faatal will need to correct me if I'm not completely accurate here:

His primary goal is to correct pathing and targeting of blocks as the basic features of all the zombies. This will make the zombies more purposeful and less likely to get stuck on things or to hit blocks by accident as they are prone to do.

"Advanced features" will include coding that will do things like randomize zombie behavior so that the same zombie doesn't 100% always act the same and so that players can't count on zombies always doing what they expect them to do. They also include handling special abilities like climbing for the spiders. Finally, faatal mentioned the behavior of spreading out along a wall to attack multiple points at once vs piling up and giving a buff to zombies hitting a wall at one point will be something that falls in the realm of advanced features.

All we know right now is the basic features of choosing an optimum path and being able to better target specific blocks which more than anything will help more zombies get stuck or spinning/ going in circles much less often.

console update?

I bought this game from watching Neebs gaming play it and it looked awesome, Its still cool but the game theyre playing on pc is night and day from what I bought for ps4. Not gonna lie I feel kinda jipped guys. Is the console version gonna get compound bows and all the other new recipes and changes at some point? If it is then cool but if not that's really ♥♥♥♥ty to charge 30 bucks for an alpha demo versio that's never gonna get finished.

Thanks for reading my comment.

I bought this game from watching Neebs gaming play it and it looked awesome, Its still cool but the game theyre playing on pc is night and day from what I bought for ps4. Not gonna lie I feel kinda jipped guys. Is the console version gonna get compound bows and all the other new recipes and changes at some point? If it is then cool but if not that's really ♥♥♥♥ty to charge 30 bucks for an alpha demo versio that's never gonna get finished.

You should have bought the product Neeb's advertised....

(The plan is that someday console will be brought into as close alignment with PC as it possibly can.)

News for CONSOLE versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

All information you need is on 7 Days to Die - Console Forum.

You are on 7 Days to Die - PC forum, so no need to type here about console version.

Wouldn't you have to take into consideration that some mobs can path in 3 dimensions instead of just 2 while designing the pathing to have a chance to get it to work when it is time to add that "advanced feature." Spider Zombies climb. It is their distinguishing feature. Having pathing that works for them, while less important than general pathing of the 90% of mobs that can't climb vertically, seems like it would be relatively important.

The pathing is 3d now, but it is jumping 3d, not walk around anywhere 3d. Spiders will get their day in court. Just not today.

Archived