Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Awesome....as soon as I learn German I will watch it..Rosetta Stone here I come!!

It`s only german, not languages from another planet ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys,

I´ve made a recap video in german about the new features with alpha 17.

Maybe someone like to watch it - keep going Pimps :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz5Hk0qAjM8

Keep up. Good job.

DHL.. Thanks for putting it in a different perspective for me. I do hear where you are coming from.. Speaking of mods.. are there any new ones that have come out that I could try that would be good.. or do you have any that you recommend?

Actually a recent thread was about comparing mods:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?83348-Big-mods-comparison

The problem with Navez is the problem with all static maps, once you know where stuff is, they get boring, and since Navez doesn't change majorly, where the stuff is located is generally the same in each alpha. I tried navezgane the other day, but got bored after spending a day and a half trying to find another trader and finding nothing but forests and house poi's.

:) One is on the main road, from Diresville to where the map I guess it would end, go past the brownstone buildings, on the left side, before you get to the large lake you will see it. In the forest, where the smaller lake is, there are several cabins and on top of a hill is the ranger station. Go to where the burnt biome is just over the hill and follow the road (I think east?) and you will see it. Wasteland, I couldn't find it. Snow biome, leaves Diresville heading north and follow a road, there is path that will lead you to it, just don't remember exact location. Desert, close to the gultch is all I remember. hope that helps.

I . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they story is going to be in randomgen as well eventually, in RG it'll be tied to specific poi's, so it'll not be the same experence but you'll get the general gist of it. I still blame Higashi Pharmacy for the outbreak. It reminds me of a manga I read, the zombie outbreak was caused by a corporation, bascally one of the people researching it got lazy, and forgot to wash their hands, and it got out starting with them. If you've explored that POI they were too well setup for researching the zombies, almost like they knew it was going to happen.

My take on it has been that there was some form of biological warfare when the bombs were dropped. People who were close to those areas and lived were brought to the hospital and there they started to turn. Think about it, take a injured or sick person to the hospital for help. They die, hospital sticks them in the morgue room. Later on, before someone arrives to get the body, the zombie comes to "life" and goes on a brain eating rampage. Govt steps in and captures them, takes over the drug building and creates a testing/experimental lab and starts testing, can they use for something. And as stated, someone didn't follow procedures, left a cage open, forgot to wash hands, was bit and didn't tell anyone and they changed, infecting others. Do-gooders attacked and set the poor, defenseless zombies lose, maybe one took a zombie home; "would you like to eat my brains with some beans and can of Bud?" Nav is the main game, the one that players will play first so they will have the story and can learn how to play, have safety in learning locations of POIs, traders, knowledge to help them in RWG. Then they move on to better things after they have earned their stripes.

After the game goes gold or closer to feature lock, do you think TFP will or allow to be modded an increase of zombies? i dont mean different varieties I just mean more zombies in the open world? can understand the need for horde night to be a bit restricted but in the open world I dont see them as much of a threat, but love wondering hordes, would even love an option that allows you to increase zombie population as having a sniper rifle and only have 1 to 2 things to kill is quiet boring.

After the game goes gold or closer to feature lock, do you think TFP will or allow to be modded an increase of zombies? i dont mean different varieties I just mean more zombies in the open world? can understand the need for horde night to be a bit restricted but in the open world I dont see them as much of a threat, but love wondering hordes, would even love an option that allows you to increase zombie population as having a sniper rifle and only have 1 to 2 things to kill is quiet boring.

so thats where the sleeper zombies come into play. the threats not the wandering zombies out n about, its the zombies inside close quarters.

They already allow it, but it stresses out the game do to the voxel nature. Once it goes thru optimization they might be able to have more on screen at a time, but they are never going to restrict what people can mod.

so thats where the sleeper zombies come into play. the threats not the wandering zombies out n about, its the zombies inside close quarters.

Really? I call sleeper zombies free exp, as 1 shot to the head with a xbow usually kills them silently. On insane a high qual crossbow with steel bolts, can 1 shot most sleepers from stealth. The ones it can't the xbow is usually reloaded and ready to fire before they finish getting up. Can do the same thing with iron bolts, just more of them take 2 shots.

The wandering hordes I love though, they are the only ones that ever are able to give me a jump scare when they suddendly come at me without making a sound. Can't recall how many times I jumped when I was in my inventory at night only to see a wandering horde running almost right into me, but just far enough away I don't attract any of their attention.

Not sure if I agree with you there faatal. They seem to path differently once they get to a wall. If the player is on top of it, they climb. While the others moan and mope around, randomly bashing anything in there way.

Pretty much anything I say has to do with A17, in which they are not climbing walls.

Faatal...

With all the work being done to the code...will we get a bump up in the max 64 zombies in game? Will all the AI fixes and tweaking help get that number up?

The AI does run faster. The per zombie pathing should be faster. Maybe.

The AI does run faster. The per zombie pathing should be in faster. Maybe.

Sweet!! I know how much work you are doing ...but for me ...personally... I don't care much about the M.O.L.E or the Gyrocopter being implemented. Its all about the Zombies for me. The more the better.

Thanks for the reply..I hope it works out with the numbers being increased! Even a few more would be better than nothing!

96 minimum would be cool!! ( I did math....woohoo) A dozen per player w/ an 8 max player count

Regards

Ouch

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

Problem, we all play different ways, have different goals, some feel the need for a bigger backpack and some don't see the need. Give us a choice at the beginning or the ability to make a small one to add to what we have. Provide the option to make one later on, that way if you need it you can get it, if you don't you can ignore it.

Indeed. I love the progression, confusion and challenge in the beginning of games. As the hours go by, games usually start to get boring for me and I tend not to finish them. Then I go back months later and start a new game to get that initial rush again. I'd prefer a small backpack, with the ability to add more.

If some players want a 1000 backpack slots, then it is nice to support that too. Adding game options is sometimes the way to go, but too many built in options can confuse people or ruin a general design the developer is going for, which is where mods come in.

Indeed. I love the progression, confusion and challenge in the beginning of games..... I'd prefer a small backpack, with the ability to add more.

That moment when you learn a dev's preference and your own preference align.

:tickled_pink:

That moment when you learn a dev's preference and your own preference align.

:tickled_pink:

Maybe faatal should make a bar and fill it to show how much your and his preferences align. Just so you know as things change how close the game is to how you like. :p

:) One is on the main road, from Diresville to where the map I guess it would end, go past the brownstone buildings, on the left side, before you get to the large lake you will see it. In the forest, where the smaller lake is, there are several cabins and on top of a hill is the ranger station. Go to where the burnt biome is just over the hill and follow the road (I think east?) and you will see it. Wasteland, I couldn't find it. Snow biome, leaves Diresville heading north and follow a road, there is path that will lead you to it, just don't remember exact location. Desert, close to the gultch is all I remember. hope that helps.

The one in the Nav wasteland is almost directly West of the one in the desert. Not far into the wasteland.

Just replace the vulture entity with the spider zombie. Tada!

There's a few good laughs right there (the visual) lol.

Actually, I'd like to do the opposite! I picked up some great tips from the mod-pros in my travels here. I'm just a beginner but would like to have a go at fixing myself up a pve animals-only game :nod:

Archived