Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guest Rassilon

Seeing Effort is nice regardless, but i agree with Vega and Snowdog.. Why this huge investments of Ressources and Manpower in Navezgane?

I thought RWG is the "future" or rather said Big Feature of this Game, because of its Replay Value.

Every Major Patch i visit Navezgane, spend 2 or 3 hours in it and move to RWG. Even if it gets expanded and Overhauled, it still has this Feeling that you saw it way to often before and want a Map full of Suprises.

Dont get me wrong, im happily awaiting the new Navezgane and i will spend some hours exploring Perishton... And then go start RWG^^

Sorry, but no need for making a choice is always easier than having to make a choice. Survival games should always be forcing this OR that and only allowing this AND that after some tech advance or progression arc has made it possible.

I'm not against bigger mobile inventory eventually but it should be via vehicle cargo space (tech advance) or as a result of getting a perk based off of strength (progression arc) and if so then we should start with even smaller inventories than we do now so that there can be a satisfying progression.

In my opinion, TFP should not just add two rows to the backpack and call it a day.

G4K plays a few mods with the large backpack mod. i dont think its a good thing either. its still always full ,he never empties it . he recently started a new mod that has the standard size backpack and now he moans about not enough room but he still loots mid game items that are not rare on day 1. you dont need plastic day 1, or moldy bread or sham sandwiches. its just hoarding..lol they have TV shows about people like that..lol i am with roland. maybe not so limiting as he likes but we dont need a bigger backpack. if you dont have room for it either come back later of make a chest outside to come back for later... you have to make tough choices to survive. its part of the immersion people like to moan about..

G4K plays a few mods with the large backpack mod. i dont think its a good thing either. its still always full ,he never empties it . he recently started a new mod that has the standard size backpack and now he moans about not enough room but he still loots mid game items that are not rare on day 1. you dont need plastic day 1, or moldy bread or sham sandwiches. its just hoarding..lol they have TV shows about people like that..lol i am with roland. maybe not so limiting as he likes but we dont need a bigger backpack. if you dont have room for it either come back later of make a chest outside to come back for later... you have to make tough choices to survive. its part of the immersion people like to moan about..

Jolly good quote good sir!

Well the sham sandwhiches can possibly be turned into moldy bread to make antibiotics, Plastic is actualy very common, those window blinds/shades? hit em for 1-3 plastic, it stacks high and has a decent sell price to traders its a money maker. I generally take common things that have high stack sizes over say a pistol, I usually just scrap pistols as they are so common you'd never have enough inv space nor can you sell them off easly as traders only take 3 max. Sure you can sell the parts too, but that won't work in A17 when parts go bye bye and its complete guns. I actually scrap most gun parts I find in a16.4 unless its a direct upgrade to a gun I have. I just don't got the inv space, and the stuff that stacks is worth more in the long run.

Once I get the minibike though looting opens up alot because now I can store a decent amount of stuff in there as well.

I'm all about making money in games with a shop system, especally ones like 7 days to die where the trader usually has stuff at way better quality than you'll be able to make/loot for a long time. I never take armorsmith or gunsmith skills either as I find them worthless, when I can just buy qual 500+ stuff off trader. I can repair the armor making 25 qual pieces and combining them at the workbench to keep the quality.

That secret stash perk is god tier too, traders have alot of fun stuff in that section once its maxxed.

Not sure if I agree with you there faatal. They seem to path differently once they get to a wall. If the player is on top of it, they climb. While the others moan and mope around, randomly bashing anything in there way.

Let me help you out Sillls. Faatal is playing a different version than you are. When he says “Right now” he means Alpha 17. Descriptions of what zombies do in your game aren’t proof that he’s wrong in what he says about spiders.

Seeing Effort is nice regardless, but i agree with Vega and Snowdog.. Why this huge investments of Ressources and Manpower in Navezgane?

I thought RWG is the "future" or rather said Big Feature of this Game, because of its Replay Value.

Every Major Patch i visit Navezgane, spend 2 or 3 hours in it and move to RWG. Even if it gets expanded and Overhauled, it still has this Feeling that you saw it way to often before and want a Map full of Suprises.

Dont get me wrong, im happily awaiting the new Navezgane and i will spend some hours exploring Perishton... And then go start RWG^^

Navezgane is easier to work in. It loads up faster and the devs and testing team know where everything is if they want to teleport to a location to see how it is working in game. So much time would be wasted if they developed the game in a random map full of surprises. Once things are in they can be made available to randomgen.

Navezgane is easier to work in. It loads up faster and the devs and testing team know where everything is if they want to teleport to a location to see how it is working in game. So much time would be wasted if they developed the game in a random map full of surprises. Once things are in they can be made available to randomgen.

Yeh, I gotta say; loading rwg for testing is... time consuming.

Faatal...

With all the work being done to the code...will we get a bump up in the max 64 zombies in game? Will all the AI fixes and tweaking help get that number up?

Would love to have a few more zombies wandering around.

Regards,

OUCH

Coughs* VIDEO* Coughs

Let me help you out Sillls. Faatal is playing a different version than you are. When he says “Right now” he means Alpha 17. Descriptions of what zombies do in your game aren’t proof that he’s wrong in what he says about spiders.

I see. Thanks.

That's why I would like to see more videos please. Because this new game is becoming so different it's harder to understand what TFP's are talking about.

It's like someone talking about a game that you haven't played and your trying to compare it to a game that you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for taking the time to explain this Roland. But again, it would be great if we could see what you all are talking about.

I see. Thanks.

That's why I would like to see more videos please. Because this new game is becoming so different it's harder to understand what TFP's are talking about.

It's like someone talking about a game that you haven't played and your trying to compare it to a game that you have.

"Reading between the lines":

I'm also very much looking forward to A17... Almost like a kid at Christmas ;)

Yeh, I gotta say; loading rwg for testing is... time consuming.

Yes I know what you mean plus it still has issues. One time the water did not match what was on the map and another time some of the traders were missing while others were duplicated in RG.

Guest Rassilon

Ok, glad to hear that RWG still gets some love too :)

I really appriciate Immersion and Details that you probably only can achieve in a Hand crafted Map like Navezgane, but I love to explore, not to know what i will find.

And if even half the Dungeons and Details you guys did fpr Navezgane can be seen in RWG later, im a Happy Man.

"Reading between the lines":

I'm also very much looking forward to A17... Almost like a kid at Christmas ;)

HaHaHa. Yes I would like to play A-17 BUT that's not what I am talking about here. The videos are the one thing we have that we can use as a reference. Without them it gets harder to understand what TFP's are talking about.

I don't need the video and got other games that I am helping with like Empyrion Galactic survival: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 8.0 - Part IV.

https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-8-0-part-iv.37664/

Lots of issues, lots of fun.

Anyways, a video now and then form TFP's would help us to know what the developers are talking about in 7D2D :)

Small inventory doesn’t make the game harder—it makes choosing what to carry and keep or leave behind harder.

Tough choices that have consequences that you have to live with are what make survival games more interesting to me.

Larger inventories, perks and skills that can be sold back for xp, save files to revert the game to undo bad results, etc. are all ways that make choices not really matter and I’m against that kind of design.

Players should agonize over choices and then deal with the consequences. If those consequences mean survival becomes harder then so be it.

Small inventories mean you either do without or only loot some OR if you just have to have it all you make several trips. I, too, think several trips to get it all is tedious so I prioritize and only take the most important stuff and leave the rest and scrap a ton (even things I later regret having scrapped but...oh well).

I recently did a playthrough where I filled every slot of my backpack with fiber gloves and so played with only my tool belt. I scrapped a glove every time I leveled up thus increasing my inventory size progressively. It was a lot of fun and resulted in stashes becoming a necessary component of survival. I used cars, tree trunks, and cupboards everywhere to stash extra stuff I used to carry. It required a lot more planning and meant I would often have to go empty my hands before doing something else.

When I got to a whole row of slots I felt like a king.

thats a good a ide... i like it!!!!

You said it. It makes you make easier choises what to leave and what to get, in early game it is essencial to make proper choises in a matter what you need most and so on. I know, more inventory is cool, but still , as Roland said choises are important.

P.S. On Chrome I use AdBlock and to be honest i forgot about this ads. For years.

It's essential part for games without backtracking and with permadeath, so the choice of what to take with you is very important.

In 7D2D, you can loot whole town and come back to take all looted stuff.

HaHaHa. Yes I would like to play A-17 BUT that's not what I am talking about here. The videos are the one thing we have that we can use as a reference. Without them it gets harder to understand what TFP's are talking about.

I don't need the video and got other games that I am helping with like Empyrion Galactic survival: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 8.0 - Part IV.

https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-8-0-part-iv.37664/

Lots of issues, lots of fun.

Anyways, a video now and then form TFP's would help us to know what the developers are talking about in 7D2D :)

Sure sure, is was just having some fun :)

I've tried starting up Empyrion a few times, both alone and with friends... We actually played the Alpha exp 8.0.1 last...

I gotta say though... Empyrion doesn't do it for me...

Digging is horrible!!!

Building is weird.

It constantly feels laggy... Its subtle at first, but quickly becomes totally unbearable.

Just my 2 cents.

hello TFP team I would like to suggest something for the fans that we are waiting with a lot of alfa 17, in particular I would like to know the study of TFP who are behind this great game, a video of MM showing the team in their respective activities would be good see the work outside of cameras, meet the entire TFP team, deliver breadcrumbs to the hungry :)

I'm more curious if spiders still look retarded when they climb, or if they snap to the face. And if they can go upside down yet, so ledges no longer stop them and they can drop on you from the ceiling, like REAL LIFE SPIDERS DO.

giphy.gif

..and maybe dropping down from trees :topsy_turvy:

As far as backpacks, now that I use the Simple UI Plus mod, I could never go back.

Allergies have hit me hard this week, so if I sound grumpy, sorry.

We have discussed, argued, debated the backpack size so many times I actually hate to see the topic come up. The game doesn't have weight limit and for a building, crafting aspect that would destroy the game. I see two sides, so here is one. Reality -- if it was real we would find a small backpack that would let us travel light, something to wear that had plenty of pockets, or carpenters pants with loops so we would have tools handy but our hands free. In the backpack necessities of food, water, bandages and a few other things, keep it light so you can run away from the zombies, bears and wolves.

Game -- Thank God there is no weight limit, trees, stones, cement and scrap iron blocks we would never be able to carry, we wouldn't have a chance of surviving with the zombies able to bust through cement walls, especially when it is a wandering horde. So, we need something that has room to carry items we need. And yes, we do need to be choosy; but what is one man's trash is another ones treasure. I toss lead, brass, gunpowder, plastic, brass casing, bullet tips and much more. Keep cans of food, water and have wood, stone, plant fibers, cloth and feathers always in my backpack. I'm tired of needing stone or fiber to make a axe and not have any close by when in a building that doesn't have any growing in cracks. Things keep getting added to the game and some need more items, but no extra slots. I have stated before, I'm not asking to have a bag with 100 slots, but a extra row would be good, or we could make one later on with a skill and book later on.

The mods that have bigger backpacks also have you needed to collect more supplies and able to make different items, so those extra slots are needed. And yes, Games4Kickz and other do need to realize you don't need to carry certain times, moldy bread can be used to make antibiotics, but you don't have the skill to do so or the equipment yet; you need more important things. You need leather and clay so you can make a bellows. You will need a lot of iron, so will need to make a lot of pickaxes. Prioritize, what do you need to make, crate now -- not a week later, focus on that. Things that you find and don't want to toss are items you can't make, but only one slot for wrench, so if you find four you will need those four slots, until you find a working bench so you can combine them. I also make crates, stack three frames and if I can leave a torch on it so I can find it. Also use fridges, cars, boxes to leave loot in if I have run out of room and need to head home.

Problem, we all play different ways, have different goals, some feel the need for a bigger backpack and some don't see the need. Give us a choice at the beginning or the ability to make a small one to add to what we have. Provide the option to make one later on, that way if you need it you can get it, if you don't you can ignore it.

sorry for the spelling and some grammar mistake, feel too lousy to correct them. please overlook them.

Archived