Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

GUI - Unsatisfactory

There are a number of quirks and inefficiencies with the current G.U.I. I could make your read a lot by listing them all, but i actually think the best method for this is to show you how awesome it could be and let the problems reveal themselves..

so check out this highly rated and loved mod that was made for this game (meaning no copyright issues)

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22/?tab=description

@faatal, Question on the new AI.

Does the zombie block strength checking account for the damage bonus assigned to their hand/item/weapon?

Just curious as if yes, then one could create a couple of different hands with different bonuses and thus have different zeds consider different paths as most efficient to get to target (example: an engineer who gets a damage bonus versus concrete might decide to go for a wall over a metal doorway). :)

Does the zombie block strength checking account for the damage bonus assigned to their hand/item/weapon?

Just curious as if yes, then one could create a couple of different hands with different bonuses and thus have different zeds consider different paths as most efficient to get to target (example: an engineer who gets a damage bonus versus concrete might decide to go for a wall over a metal doorway). :)

This would be awesome.

joke please

Two goldfish are in a tank and one says to the other, "I hope YOU know how to drive this thing."

An A16 zombie and an A17 zombie were arguing who is the better zombie.

A17 Zombie: "You're inferior to me in every way! When attacking the living's domicile, what works best is to first analyses the structural coefficients and..."

A16 Zombie eats A17 zombie: "Brains!"

Wouldn't this mess with the general upgrade path? A player is made to believe that upgrading from metal to concrete is beneficial but according to your proposal, the lines are blurred and it just depends on the kind of zombies you get.

Basically, certain types of zombies become "specials" depending on what material your base is built of. Once you upgrade, others become "spacials" against you.

Recoil

Is the recoil for the guns getting reworked any time soon? For me that is one of the biggest weak points of this game currently. I had to turn it off for the ak, and smg, because I just couldn't stand it. Crosshair teleporting up every time it shoots is just way too annoying. Having it be more and more inaccurate the longer it fires would be a lot more bearable. Also there could be skills, perks, or stat points like strength, that would decrease this recoil. Or maybe holding shift while firing would consume stamina, but greatly decrease the recoil.

Really? Wow!

Yes, as weird as it sounds, for me this is one of the most annoying problems for a long time now. Shooting is what you do most of the time you are playing, other than building and looting, its one of the main parts of the game, so it would make sense to prioritize it over flying vehicles for example..

- - - Updated - - -

ever shot a real gun?

Ever played any other shooter game with guns? If not, try one and you will see what I'm talking about..

Yes, as weird as it sounds, for me this is one of the most annoying problems for a long time now. Shooting is what you do most of the time you are playing, other than building and looting, its one of the main parts of the game, so it would make sense to prioritize it over flying vehicles for example..

- - - Updated - - -

Ever played any other shooter game with guns? If not, try one and you will see what I'm talking about..

EDIT: Nevermind, I completely misread you.

ha ha! games be damned. i use real guns in real life. they jump when they go bang. the bigger the boom the bigger the jump.

word of advice. dont use a tree to brace yourself when firing an 8 guage shotty

was young dumb and full of...

remorse

I do admit though the recoil is pretty severe in 7dtd, it shouldn't jump THAT much. Then again recoil irl would be easier to deal with than in a game, Thats why alot of shooters just have the crosshair get bigger as you fire insted of physically move the gun. Guns that should have a strong recoil in 7dtd would be the ak47 if rapid firing but if firing in single/small bursts it should barely move.

Then again I rarely use guns anyway as most of them are weaker than the crossbow. Its why I like the undead legacy mod, guns actually feel like guns in that mod, and they are a direct upgrade to the xbow, even the pistol is very useful in that mod. Compared to Vanallia where other than the magnum and 7.62 ammo using guns the rest aren't worth the time. I use valmod expansion version and it has a weapon silencer, but even with that I still prefer the xbow as its just as strong, this is without using the iron or rapid xbow, or having the archery passives for 10,20 or 30% more entity dmg.

My biggest issues with most of the guns is their damage is just to low for how resource intensive the ammo is. I'm playing a insane game, 1 xbow steel bolt to the head kills half the zombies in the game in 1 shot with a headshot, but if I use a high qual pistol? takes like 4-8 shots to do the same thing. 3-4 at the minimum even for the weakest zombie. Its a balance issue.

Also you wanna see something funny? Look up Science of Stupid episodes on youtube or somewhere, they show people doing various things, and then explain how to do it right and what they are doing wrong. ALot of episodes of it involve stupid people trying to do stuff and failing majorly at doing it.

Oops...sorry, wrong forum.... ;)

If you do ban such post, this forum thread has 25% less posts.

- - - Updated - - -

You know it! Change one thing in code and you might make a few bugs. Change lots of stuff and...

99 bugs in a code, take one down, sing around... 127 bugs in a code, take one down, sing around.. 143 bugs in a code..

The grid holds penalties for each node. There is no type in the penalty to know what it is to compare with anything from the pathing zombie and if there was, it would slow it down somewhat.

We have multiple programmers working on the game. Vehicles and guns are two different people, so you can't prioritize one over the other.

If only tfp would implement a system where recoil could get less and less depending on gun mods and a robust buff system...

...oh wait. A17 peeps. Back to our regularly scheduled window creeping...

Episode 246, "Rolands morning bathroom routine."

It was unclear that having multiple seats was just a thought when watching the video. I guess that should have been given as that was not actually demonstrated. But it was a feature that many people on our server were excited about.

I guess trying to get multiplayer in sync is an issue with the jeep. But unlike Empyrion where you WANT to walk around a vehicle is moving, there is no sense of that in this game. But they have it working in their game and I can't imagine they have different issues since both games use Unity.

I just don't believe that the funpimps software people are not at least as good as the Empyrion team. You can do it! We have faith in you all.

I do admit though the recoil is pretty severe in 7dtd, it shouldn't jump THAT much. Then again recoil irl would be easier to deal with than in a game, Thats why alot of shooters just have the crosshair get bigger as you fire insted of physically move the gun. Guns that should have a strong recoil in 7dtd would be the ak47 if rapid firing but if firing in single/small bursts it should barely move.

Then again I rarely use guns anyway as most of them are weaker than the crossbow. Its why I like the undead legacy mod, guns actually feel like guns in that mod, and they are a direct upgrade to the xbow, even the pistol is very useful in that mod. Compared to Vanallia where other than the magnum and 7.62 ammo using guns the rest aren't worth the time. I use valmod expansion version and it has a weapon silencer, but even with that I still prefer the xbow as its just as strong, this is without using the iron or rapid xbow, or having the archery passives for 10,20 or 30% more entity dmg.

My biggest issues with most of the guns is their damage is just to low for how resource intensive the ammo is. I'm playing a insane game, 1 xbow steel bolt to the head kills half the zombies in the game in 1 shot with a headshot, but if I use a high qual pistol? takes like 4-8 shots to do the same thing. 3-4 at the minimum even for the weakest zombie. Its a balance issue.

Also you wanna see something funny? Look up Science of Stupid episodes on youtube or somewhere, they show people doing various things, and then explain how to do it right and what they are doing wrong. ALot of episodes of it involve stupid people trying to do stuff and failing majorly at doing it.

Undead Legacy and Valmod are my two favorite mods, that I have played. I like them both for different reasons and would love to see them have some of their systems merge into one glorious mod. In my opinion anyway.

Undead Legacy and Valmod are my two favorite mods, that I have played. I like them both for different reasons and would love to see them have some of their systems merge into one glorious mod. In my opinion anyway.

I would too, I did find some of the craft recipies in undead legacy to be complicated for no reason at all other than to be more annoying, eg: twigs/resin/rope/bowstring etc. To me all of those items felt pointless and redundant. Only recipie with resin to me that made much sense was the glue. Its kinda like how I edit the xmls and make animals drop leather directly when skinned, I also edit any recipie to use leather insted of animalhide if there is any.

Archived