Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guest Rust Buddy
Naysaying is an essential part of teamwork, the ability to see future problems when other members of the team have still got their rose-tinted glasses on is a valuable skill.

Naysaying is an essential part of douchebaggery you mean. My dad always told me to ignore the naysayers cuz they will always try to bring you down and make themselves look important by shutting you down. what if the poop naysayers had won back when it was being talked about? Then you wouldn't even have that example to try and shut me up lmao

Point is that we should look for ways to make it work and encourage the devs to experiment and try things out and not give reasons why it won't work. if it wont work it wont work but i dont need anyone on a team telling me dont try it cuz every team supposedly needs a naysayer. wjatever, im done. stupid thing to get riled up about. faatal will just ignore it like you said. but I'm just saying I'm for the devs trying out lots of different ♥♥♥♥ and seeing if it sticks to the wall and if it hits the fan instead then at least they tried it and they know for sure it was a dead end.

now im going to go let off steam playing some Rust pvp. :)

- - - Updated - - -

It’s moot whether they give vertical targeting to one or all zombies. Even if they give the ability to just the spider even I am good enough at modding to spread that ability around. It only takes one.

my point......................................................................................you

my point......................................................................................you

point of no return........................................you

point of no return......................you

point of no return........you

It’s moot whether they give vertical targeting to one or all zombies. Even if they give the ability to just the spider even I am good enough at modding to spread that ability around. It only takes one.

I thought about making every zombie have the climbing ability, and the ability to climb each other. Time to experiment.

For vertical digging, TFP could use the animation when you are killed and the zombies start eating you. Erm... not that it ever happens to me mind you. :)

I only want one thing. Please make this server side after development. It will reduce cheating and expose more bugs.

I'm extremely hopeful for this "alpha" 17 and disappointed I won't be able to play it for personal reasons.

I've been hyper critical in the past and I'm sorry. TFP is really amazing and I shouldn't have been critical.

However, I'd personally like to see a few issues nipped in the bud and realize it may not happen until development is closer to beta end. The cheating and falling through the world will only end after it's server side instead of this hodge podge.

Personal observation, please do not be offended.

I accept the ridicule as deserved, reject the "freak out" as too harsh, and offer my tinnitus as explanation why I didn't hear a probable "developer tool" mention in the video. :crushed:

I actually took that comment from Gazz about players in general. I didn't read the YouTube comments on the video but I would bet somebody posted something along the lines of "those question marks though OMG" as there's always some people to freak out about such insignificant details.

Pathing considers block health. Doors currently use 25% health, so they favor them.

Trashing nearby walls is on my list, to counter sitting above them.

Vertically damaging blocks I have not evaluated yet, but I will be looking at it.

Awesome to hear! Will this include targeting hatches too? Since if I remember correctly, by placing a hatch on top of a ladder, you're perfectly safe.

What you are talking about is a feature. What DaVega was talking about was when that feature went overboard and formed round hills of varying heights, 5 blocks or more. While I liked the end result (I like weird in all forms) it unquestionably is not intended that way.

Yep, exactly. These mounds make for great places to build a fort/castle. But since they are not really meant to be there, I feel using them is somewhat.. Gamey.

- - - Updated - - -

point of no return........................................you

point of no return......................you

point of no return........you

So the event horizon is approaching?

Black holes confirmed for A17?!

As with everything that is coming in the update I’ll wait and see how it plays.

I would however like the option to turn off the health bar.

I really like the idea that you don’t know how close you are to killing a zombie as that adds to the figh particularly when using melee attacks.

I know how I’m going in the fight but not knowing how close or far I am from killing the zombie is kinda cool.

On a side note, the 7DTD gods are smiling upon me in our latest play through. First drop gave me a mini bike book and a ripping AK.

The broken leg situation is pretty normal though.... :)

transition between biomes

surely already answered this question in this thread, but, have the developers commented if they plan to improve the transition between biomes? It would be great to see the biomes far away and not to load practically when you are arriving or when you are on top.

I feel the grammar, translated by Google

On the subject of biomes... Is the wasteland biome an under-utilised area?

What reasons are there to even go there other than the challenge of surviving in such a hostile environment?

Cities in every biome are always worth visiting but what about the area itself?

I know there are always a lot of cars in the wasteland but cars can be found almost anywhere.

What is it about the wasteland that makes it attractive to visit?

What can be done to make it a must see area?

Am I missing something?

I use the wasteland to get scrap iron. I like to take over an existing wooden house and upgrade it. That means having lots and lots of iron. Another way I sometimes play is to find one of the smaller ruined buildings in the wasteland and set up a base on the upper level. These buildings can take a lot of abuse and the way they are half-buried in rubble can confuse the zombies.

Am I weird in that even in late game...I always use melee and bows with flaming arrows being my go to ranged? I normally only ever use guns when I loot one and run into a tough clump of zombies early on...

I usually save my guns for horde night, unless I am extremely well stockpiled. A good crossbow or compound bow with the right ammo will get you far. Maybe carry an AK in late game for when I run into the radiated zombies that regenerate HP, but it's not my main weapon, and explosives work well on those enemies as well.

I actually took that comment from Gazz about players in general. I didn't read the YouTube comments on the video but I would bet somebody posted something along the lines of "those question marks though OMG" as there's always some people to freak out about such insignificant details.

Gazz's comment was in response to one of my posts, in which I commented that I was surprised that none of the "OMG Health bars ruin my verisimilitude" crowd had panicked about them, and asked for confirmation that when you accepted a quest you wouldn't get such a marker indicating the quest location.

It was hardly freaking out - but then things got blown out of proportion as is normal for the Internet and here we are, a few posts later, wondering who is ridiculing who for what.

How would you give them the ability to climb each other?

If the dead body is concidered as a block, having in mind the way how 1 concrete block is double size of .50 concrete block, if they set the ragdoll on 25% each as a block, and give the ability to jump over every block of these 25%s, it could take 4 bodies , to help a zed jump 1 block up.

Sort of confusing and a bits of proper values are needed but its how i understand youl happen, hope you understand, a big lady is poking me with elbo in the bus right now..

If the dead body is concidered as a block, having in mind the way how 1 concrete block is double size of .50 concrete block, if they set the ragdoll on 25% each as a block, and give the ability to jump over every block of these 25%s, it could take 4 bodies , to help a zed jump 1 block up.

Sort of confusing and a bits of proper values are needed but its how i understand youl happen, hope you understand, a big lady is poking me with elbo in the bus right now..

sounds good. didnt think the devs will do it.

However, I'd personally like to see a few issues nipped in the bud and realize it may not happen until development is closer to beta end. The cheating and falling through the world will only end after it's server side instead of this hodge podge.

Personal observation, please do not be offended.

I'm sure falling through the world is something that can be fixed in beta (actually I haven't fallen even once in A16, but my connection to the server is probably too good to experience this bug).

Making everything happening server-side on the other hand is a tall order, actually I think impossible to do in something that could be called beta. It would be like transplanting a highway from the west-side of a city to the east-side (sorry, I like analogies :cocksure:)

Also TFP said that PvP is something that has to wait for after release. And I'm not sure they have a complete overhaul in mind when they say that.

It was hardly freaking out - but then things got blown out of proportion as is normal for the Internet and here we are, a few posts later, wondering who is ridiculing who for what.

Ohhhh, can I do the ridiculing? Please, please, I want to do the ridiculing. Pleeeeaaase. I will even tidy up my room. Tomorrow. Or next week. And can I use a stick to poke them? I want to ridicule and then poke them. Much more fun. Maybe only poke. Pleeeeaase.

:fat:

No , no, it is my vision on the problem , not pimps`.

The old "gore block" mechanic was a great idea which solved this problem. It needed a lot of work though, essentially a gore block was "soil" and so didn't mesh well with static defences such as spikes, the zombies also tended to ignore the fact that they could climb them. Some sort of soil block with a spike embedded in it might be a possible fix to the first problem and the second problem is purely AI.

With those two problems fixed I think gore blocks would still be around today.

The old "gore block" mechanic was a great idea which solved this problem. It needed a lot of work though, essentially a gore block was "soil" and so didn't mesh well with static defences such as spikes, the zombies also tended to ignore the fact that they could climb them. Some sort of soil block with a spike embedded in it might be a possible fix to the first problem and the second problem is purely AI.

With those two problems fixed I think gore blocks would still be around today.

It will add more "wt*" ingame , having only 2 block high concrete wall is just supressing the experience. And it feels too easy :)

I know pimps will manage this out in a proper way.

Archived