Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guest Rassilon
Is it possible with a17 to clear a poi completely out of sleepers and secure it as a base? or will the sleepers spawn back in like in 16.4? That was really dissappointing

Thats how Tastes goes in different directions. I really LIKE the current System of Sleepers. At least the Part that they will always respawn if you not have laid down a bedroll.

Of course they are some things to improve ( Spawnrate, Spawning right next to you ) but overall i really like the System as it is.

I play on a 28 Slot MP Server and before this system every POI was a Base of some Players or completly torn down ( we had rules against it, but still )

Now with this System we reached Day 1300 currently and still have lots of POIs to to explore and to loot.

Players now tend to make Shelters and Bases from scratch in the nature instead of blocking "valuable" POIs.

This is so awesome stuff !

But I hope you add some logic stuff for mods, for example, putting a scope on a gun, why not, but like the "tanfoglio gold custom" (and all gun with scope btw) you need a rail on it. You can't just fix the scope like this. I know it's more work only for details...

After, putting mods that impact visual can be awesome ! Take a shotgun with wood stock, and replace it with metal or ABS stock and pump, add a pistol grip like the spas12, and you've got a totally new weapons with new stats !

For the weapons impact, I don't know if it possible to make bullets impact on zombies... Image a shotgun shot who disfigured a zombie, or make his guts fall out his belly ! with this, drive the jeep very fast on zombies can cut them in half ! But is that possible on unity ?

Keep up the good work guys !

Why not give a toggle run and a run button?! That way everyone's happy. I kinda thought this is standard.

Also: craftable weapons is a bit unrealistic. But that's not what bothers me. Thos scope mods look really ridiculous. They are way to big, folks. There was more scope than pistol. Please consider this.

Why not give a toggle run and a run button?! That way everyone's happy. I kinda thought this is standard.

Also: craftable weapons is a bit unrealistic. But that's not what bothers me. Thos scope mods look really ridiculous. They are way to big, folks. There was more scope than pistol. Please consider this.

Watch back from 3.05 and actually listen what Joel says. :)

Cheers

Lol...just goes to show that EVERY change will disappoint someone. :)

EDIT: Just tried it out and it is very responsive. Move forward with w and just tap shift and you start running. As soon as you stop pressing w you return to walking. So it is not a toggle in the sense that you have to press it once to start running and then again to walk. You just press shift to start running and then when you stop moving forward you stop running. It is very intuitive. You can keep your finger on shift the whole time if you want the same feel as before.

That is a very nice and intuitive feature!

Not really earth shaking, but a great qol non the less...

Thanks for the update! I live for this ♥♥♥♥ ;)

Ah yeah. Crafting a gun out of different components is unrealistic of course. No-one keeps gun parts like that around in his/her house. Opposing this, crafting a gun out of forged steel, wood and plastic is very realistic..

I'm actually very against this, Guns use machiened parts, that are built to very specific specifications, there is no way some random joe in his garage could make servicable gun parts. This is going to be really stupid if this gets put in, especally with the type of guns they have in the game, only one you could prob realistcally easly make is the single shot rifle. All the rest have far to many moving parts for something to make them with their hands.

This also kills exploration even more, as why explore for a gun if you can craft or buy one instead? The trader as it is already took alot of the game away, don't make it worse by making endgame stuff like guns craftable from scrap you find on the side of the road. Forged steel is still that same scrap iron you find on the side of the road.

Guest Rassilon
I'm actually very against this, Guns use machiened parts, that are built to very specific specifications, there is no way some random joe in his garage could make servicable gun parts. This is going to be really stupid if this gets put in, especally with the type of guns they have in the game, only one you could prob realistcally easly make is the single shot rifle. All the rest have far to many moving parts for something to make them with their hands.

I imagine it as kind of an compromise. Now you need a lot more guns as i understood it, because they can break if you disamble it for the Mod ( correct me if im wrong ) So, not very realistic, rather (too?) comfortable.

QUOTE=Siveria;798845]This also kills exploration even more, as why explore for a gun if you can craft or buy one instead? The trader as it is already took alot of the game away, don't make it worse by making endgame stuff like guns craftable from scrap you find on the side of the road. Forged steel is still that same scrap iron you find on the side of the road.

I think thats not the case. Now you search for mods instead of gun parts. And they have a much higher variety, so you might need to explore and loot even more as before.

I was hoping the run and walk key would be separate. I bound my Q key for running instead of it being the shift as I find it easier than trying to press shift and W with my left hand. To me pressing only W to walk and only pressing Q to run made more sense to me. Even if it stays the way it is now though I am fine with it. That's for me, I am sure others have their own way to do it that they are comfortable with.

Also I saw in vid that there were food and water bars in his hud...so are they in again? Never noticed if it was mentioned somewhere.

I'm wondering what craftable weapons will do to the longevity of the game? I can imagine that you keep on grinding, keep on looting, keep on killing to find this last piece of the [insert weapon].

What happens to this if you can craft all kinds of weapons by yourself?

So replacing Action0 on the hunting knife with this works for throwing the knife, but it doesn't cause damage. Perhaps A17 will fix this.

<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->
				<property name="Class" value="ThrowAway"/>
				<property name="Delay" value="1.2"/>
				<property name="Throw_strength_default" value="8"/>
				<property name="Throw_strength_max" value="25"/>
				<property name="Max_strain_time" value="1.5"/>
				<property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh"/>
</property>

Guppy...you need throwing weapons?......I can make them for you :)

Since this will be Beta coming up (content lock)

I will probably just handover all my mods i created to somebody to use in thier stuff.

I was hoping the entire server would push all the content but it doesn't look like thats going to happen so far

I'm wondering what craftable weapons will do to the longevity of the game? I can imagine that you keep on grinding, keep on looting, keep on killing to find this last piece of the [insert weapon].

What happens to this if you can craft all kinds of weapons by yourself?

Crafting weapons should not be the measure for a games length, its just a means to an end, IMO. The goals of the game are up to the player so far, so I guess that was your goal, but I'm hoping that some flexible and relevant quests/missions are introduced.

Hopefully we have seen the end of "Kill x number of y's" unless something meaningful happens after you complete the quest:

-Zombies are cleared from an area for a certain amount of time.

-Some NPC faction is happy/angry you did it, ect.

Edit:

-Your character gets a buff ether permanently or for a period of time.

Crafting weapons should not be the measure for a games length, its just a means to an end, IMO. The goals of the game are up to the player so far, so I guess that was your goal, but I'm hoping that some flexible and relevant quests/missions are introduced.

Hopefully we have seen the end of "Kill x number of y's" unless something meaningful happens after you complete the quest:

-Zombies are cleared from an area for a certain amount of time.

-Some NPC faction is happy/angry you did it, ect.

Edit:

-Your character gets a buff ether permanently or for a period of time.

Sure, I agree with the point that we need more flexible quests. But I do not agree with you deflecting the issue I presented. If all weapons are craftable (that's a big assumption of course) in your base, it takes away a very large reason why to go looting. Hence it will affect (in my opinion) the longevity of the game. Of course, goals are player-specific, but that's a non-argument in this case.

Sure, I agree with the point that we need more flexible quests. But I do not agree with you deflecting the issue I presented. If all weapons are craftable (that's a big assumption of course) in your base, it takes away a very large reason why to go looting. Hence it will affect (in my opinion) the longevity of the game. Of course, goals are player-specific, but that's a non-argument in this case.

I agree..any mods i ever built i always removed weapon recipes and only made it so you can assemble them......

i dont think anybody realized what it takes to make a real fire arm...and doing it in a Forge is not going to happen....

EVEN IF they make a Machine to mold weapons..it would have to have alot of "hookups" so it wasn't easy to do.....

this gives me a idea for a new Mod :)

But typically thats the reason for all the Game lag in mods....2 many recipes

The update they made with the recipes showing everywhere...that made the game take a major hit in Modding...which in turn caused alot of performance issues

I really wish they would revert that

This also kills exploration even more, as why explore for a gun if you can craft or buy one instead? The trader as it is already took alot of the game away, don't make it worse by making endgame stuff like guns craftable from scrap you find on the side of the road. Forged steel is still that same scrap iron you find on the side of the road.

i have always felt the sameway

it seems like there is tons of mods with alot of "easy ways" to play

they Craft Everything!!

being a gun connoisseur myself..i know what it takes make a Gun part :)

I hope the Firearm crafting is referring more towards finding a quality Firearm with a higher tier, that has more module attachments so you can craft (by way of adding attachments) a unique Firearm and not actually crafting of a gun through a forge.

Even if TFP allow actual Firearm crafting (again), I hope it's a very very late game ability we obtain by needing multiple craft stations or components needed to build the crafting station.. Lathe.. Mold Press.. Drill Press.. CnC machine.. Something more than just making a mold out of clay and bam you have a Firearm.

I hope the Firearm crafting is referring more towards finding a quality Firearm with a higher tier, that has more module attachments so you can craft (by way of adding attachments) a unique Firearm and not actually crafting of a gun through a forge.

Even if TFP allow actual Firearm crafting (again), I hope it's a very very late game ability we obtain by needing multiple craft stations or components needed to build the crafting station.. Lathe.. Mold Press.. Drill Press.. CnC machine.. Something more than just making a mold out of clay and bam you have a Firearm.

I'm for that. Add to that a chem station to make the primer chemical for the ammo as well. But intact guns should be pretty common. We're talking America, right?

^ This.

However, MadMole indicated that you can simply craft a weapon out of forged steel, plastic and wood. So.. It seems like 'streamlining' has found another victim!

Just want to weigh in,

Keep mods they are great! Keep no gun parts I hate gun parts.

But don't make full out gun crafting. Instead just keep guns a buy/find commodity.

If you want some crafting make the new gun cannibalize an old one.

Examples

tier 2 pistol requires a tier 1 pistol 20 plastic and 20 mechanic parts and 2 forged steel

tier 3 pistol requires a tier 2 pistol 30 plastic and 30 mechanic parts and 3 forged steel

tier 4 pistol requires a tier 3 pistol 40 plastic and 40 mechanic parts 4 forged steel

what does mean "dynamic origin point"? can anyone explain

I don't know 100% but it has to do with making your spawn the draw center rather than 0,0. This means if you spawn at N1000,E1000 going north east is just as viable as going south west. Previously the game centered around a center core at 0,0.

Archived