Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

"Nuked your own theory?" Ever heard of a little game called Minecraft Story Mode? Besides it's not a theory as you put it: the first objective of the main quest is already in the game and they can't just stop there, can they. Then again they might do like Minecraft and add the rest of the story afterwards.

Hmm interesting. I have Minecraft. I just started it. I dont SEE a story mode? Did i do it wrong?

OHHH you mean the SEPERATE game called Story Mode. Yeah. That wasn't in the Kickstarter soooo it really doesn't apply. Nowhere in Minecraft do i see a story mode option so again, theory nuked.

Damn it Roland was right. You ARE baiting hooks. Let me pull this one out. Sorry Roland.

Hmm interesting. I have Minecraft. I just started it. I dont SEE a story mode? Did i do it wrong?

OHHH you mean the SEPERATE game called Story Mode. Yeah. That wasn't in the Kickstarter soooo it really doesn't apply. Nowhere in Minecraft do i see a story mode option so again, theory nuked.

nuclear-atom-bomg-explosion-animated-gif-5.gif

Maybe Telltale is planning to do a story mode some day.

Telltale does story? I thought their specialty was quicktime events.:cocksure:

I'm well aware of all that and I'm not surprised that the game does seem early in development still. But I remember MM posting something like who cares if it takes until 2030 to be finished and I was glad to read that, because A16 looks nowhere near finished.

If I get you correctly, you are advocating staying in alpha. No contest from me there. But it seems your idea of a main story might be different from what TFP have in mind. Consider FTL. FTL has a main story. And it is complete (and some say even as complex as a typical TES main story :smile-new:)

Any game developer in their right mind? Ask Bethesda if they would ever release the next TES game without the main storyline in it just for fun.

Ask Atari if they ever would release their new Pong game without the main storyline in it :smile-new:

Maybe Telltale is planning to do a story mode some day. Of course that would mean a separate purchase and at least a 5-year wait...

Minecraft Release Date: May 2009

Minecraft Story Mode Release Date: October 2015

This is why if they make merch, these guys should avoid calendars. Reminding of good times waiting and bad times expecting.

I also feel the same way. Mp was heavily ignored and I don't get why. I think the devs are a bit mislead by the forum activity, most pvp players are not so active as far as i knok, but the bulk of friends and people eager to play are on multiplayer since no matter what you do the core game will allways be sandbox perfect for multiplayer. No matter how many npc and quest u add will still be the same thing, without trying to knock on it but will never be witcher or fallout or any proper sp game. But when it comes to mp has the potential to be the greates pvp survival game out there only if they would focus on that. Comming from a guy that has thousands of hours in ark rust etc, and i allways come back to 7dtd cause is just better, but the balance/lag is just horrible, and i got only myself over 40 friends that would return any day to 7dtd if they would focus on that. Anyway i hope things will work out in the end im excited about this big update.

I also feel the same way. Mp was heavily ignored and I don't get why. I think the devs are a bit mislead by the forum activity, most pvp players are not so active as far as i knok, but the bulk of friends and people eager to play are on multiplayer since no matter what you do the core game will allways be sandbox perfect for multiplayer. No matter how many npc and quest u add will still be the same thing, without trying to knock on it but will never be witcher or fallout or any proper sp game. But when it comes to mp has the potential to be the greates pvp survival game out there only if they would focus on that. Comming from a guy that has thousands of hours in ark rust etc, and i allways come back to 7dtd cause is just better, but the balance/lag is just horrible, and i got only myself over 40 friends that would return any day to 7dtd if they would focus on that. Anyway i hope things will work out in the end im excited about this big update.

A brand new hot weapon system is smashing on the door. It is supposed to improve both single and multiplayer experience.

New weapon system with upgrades, special weapons, new experience. Lets wait and the see. We are all curious.

P.S And to stop arguments - single and multiplayer system depends only on how many players are set in the menu. What you play is same.

There are a great many people on the forum that play multiplayer. PvP is whole different story, though. They are not the same thing.

There are a great many people on the forum that play multiplayer. PvP is whole different story, though. They are not the same thing.

I am familiar with the updates, i have been playing since A1 from the moment when the game was released. When I'm talking about the pvp im talking about small balance stuff that players tend to exploit and small settings that could be changed rather quick. I got like 5000-6000 hrs in 7dtd only pvp so i kinda know every little thing when it comes to it. There is the lag as the main problem and then small balancing stuff like jumping, falling damage, damage multipliers on different objects etc. The weapons themselfs and no drop off or same sensivity while zoomed are the least of the pvp problems. My main frustration tho is not necesarly with 7dtd itself but with what potential it has and that waves and waves of players ran to other pvp survival games while the concept is amazing. Both Ark/Rust/Connan (ark ripoff) just suck as ideea design compared to 7dtd. Due to the map size, and building and weapon system can keep you engaged for months, while in Ark you just reach a limit then is extremly repetitive and boring and in rust in 3 days you are done with the game and only play just because you allready have a bunch of stuff. I really want that they finaly turn their attention to some details that will make everyone come, play and stick with 7dtd, because TFP really made a masterpice that combines a bunch of elements just right and i know just myself over a hundred people that love 7dtd and would return to it as soon as this things are fixed, obviously with their own friends and so on.

Maybe Telltale is planning to do a story mode some day. Of course that would mean a separate purchase and at least a 5-year wait...

Minecraft Release Date: May 2009

Minecraft Story Mode Release Date: October 2015

Wait a minute... 2015 that is AFTER the Kickstarter :jaw:

But they promised story mode like Minecraft.... before it EXISTED!

I am familiar with the updates, i have been playing since A1 from the moment when the game was released. When I'm talking about the pvp im talking about small balance stuff that players tend to exploit and small settings that could be changed rather quick. I got like 5000-6000 hrs in 7dtd only pvp so i kinda know every little thing when it comes to it. There is the lag as the main problem and then small balancing stuff like jumping, falling damage, damage multipliers on different objects etc. The weapons themselfs and no drop off or same sensivity while zoomed are the least of the pvp problems. My main frustration tho is not necesarly with 7dtd itself but with what potential it has and that waves and waves of players ran to other pvp survival games while the concept is amazing. Both Ark/Rust/Connan (ark ripoff) just suck as ideea design compared to 7dtd. Due to the map size, and building and weapon system can keep you engaged for months, while in Ark you just reach a limit then is extremly repetitive and boring and in rust in 3 days you are done with the game and only play just because you allready have a bunch of stuff. I really want that they finaly turn their attention to some details that will make everyone come, play and stick with 7dtd, because TFP really made a masterpice that combines a bunch of elements just right and i know just myself over a hundred people that love 7dtd and would return to it as soon as this things are fixed, obviously with their own friends and so on.

No paragraphs were harmed during this post.

PVP sucks for this type of game. Play BF1 for PVP

it doesn't, it is perfect for pvp, it is brilliant. Most of you mistake the pvp with just randomly running killing people when there is much more than that. Here you can create clan bases, outposts everything due to the building system, you can attack others from so many angles and make so many strategies due to the map size and depth, you can engage in trade and kind of clan politics. There are bad guys and good guys. It is extremly complex. And im happy to say i have been part of some of the greatest pvp experience i ever had in some pvp servers.

Gyrocopter, I love the idea but it will make PVP unbalanced =(

Just underground bases now

I wouldn't fly one in a PvP match. Unless you'd want to be the duck in a duck hunt. If you're worried about base raids then I am sure a few auto turrets will be easier to craft than the gyrocopter. Maybe they will come out with a long range rocket launcher turret. Oooh that would be awesome. I want that now.

I wouldn't fly one in a PvP match. Unless you'd want to be the duck in a duck hunt. If you're worried about base raids then I am sure a few auto turrets will be easier to craft than the gyrocopter. Maybe they will come out with a long range rocket launcher turret. Oooh that would be awesome. I want that now.

Turrets dont work like that atm. most likely you will drain first the turrets then you will use it to pass into the base over the moat that is the main defence atm. Most of the wasted time while raiding is making the jump from outside inside because you need to destroy blocks with a shotgun.

Could be fixed with a cap on player jump range like 4 blocks max then you stop gliding no matter what, falling damage as % so after certain distance you would die no matter what. And make the gyro very low hp so it can be shoot down in like 5-10 shots something.

PVP sucks for this type of game. Play BF1 for PVP

It's not bad. Especially if you play with a clan or squad.

It would be nice to see smaller RWG maps that force more conflict. It would awesome to have really small maps that are like one chunk and game options that allow all skills to be maxed from the start and only crafted loot (weapons, wood blocks, etc.) to be generated. Add some game modes like deathmatch, CTF, and battle royale with timed games and score boards at the end. Then you can get some 15-30 minute PvP games in. I always thought that 7D2D could do a fun battle royale with spawning hordes of fast special zombies as the closing in death ring.

Archived