Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Thanks for the video!

My little list of feedback on what was presented:

Gyrocopter: Great concept, but I'm wondering about a lot of things. How will it affect gameplay (especially hordes), or performance? I know it's a feature in progress, but I guess the sounds will be replaced, right?

Jeep: Great to see/hear that objection collision has been fixed! Nice to see you can drive through small trees! Driving through big trees and car-wrecks? That's bad.

Motorcycle: New sounds are okay-ish I guess. You said you were worried about not having enough oxygen when driving through water on your bike, but I did not see any indication of oxygen when located under water..?

It's unfortunate that you didn't show any progress on the big things which were promised for A17; Bandits/NPC and zombie-AI. IMHO you missed a big chance here. I guess we will see some bandits in A18? The vehicles are nice and all, but this a zombie game..

Alpha 17 is beta, and by all rights SHOULD have been a sequel there is so much work being done.

So it is beta! I remember when MadMole said that beta phase would only take a few months to reach gold, since it should only be about balancing and bug fixing. So they would have to do pretty much everything that is planned in A17.

Roland, do you remember the poll about A17 release date? Can I vote summer 2019 now? XD

Anyway I'm happy with the improvements and I don't care how long it takes, as long as the final result is good.

It only took a moment of watching the rotor spin before I pictured zombies being hacked on, so yes, I'm going to try to do that.

Will the gyrocopter get damaged when the screw hits trees, houses and other obstacles? Now the video shows that the screw passes through the trees.

The gyrocopter will be balanced in the end. What you saw in the video was 1 day of programming work (Friday). It is not hard to gimp. Would be easy to make it so one vulture or spit hits you and you fall out of the vehicle or it explodes.

A lot of vehicle settings are in xml already and I moved more over today with more to come. In A17 some of the xml, including the vehicles can be reloaded during game play, which makes for much faster tweaking for me and anyone else.

Perfect. Thanks to both you and Joel for clarifying the info. I probably should have just assumed all of it was WIP as usual but the curiosity in me got the better. Fantastic work on it! It all sounds very exciting, I swear im almost MORE excited to see what is in these xmls more so than actually playing. Eh who am i kidding, i am excited for BOTH!

Now about those assembly dlls and if they will STILL be different versions for SP and MP.... ;)

What you saw, if you watched the video, was to fly high above any threat. Also to plow through any threat and keep going. You will now be even more safe if you drive in A17.

You must have missed the part where a giant vulture swoops out of the sky and makes the gyrocopter explode and fall from the sky.

You must have missed the part where a giant vulture swoops out of the sky and makes the gyrocopter explode and fall from the sky.

I thought they were flying Zombie Penguins! You know, the masterminds behind the zombie apocalypse! You know, the ones with the war cry: "Global warm this, human scum!"

Oh wait... this isn't common knowledge yet... Sorry...

dont need giant vultures just 1 or 2 regular vultures, 1 digs at your head giving you infection and bleeding to death and 1 gets caught in the rotors and cause you to crash and NO parachute because youre not high enough but yet high enough to die when you hit the ground..

It would be awesome if we could get some new traps which don´t use tons of ammunition... and can slice zombies, push them back or whatever !

speaking of things like pendulums or any kind of that sort

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23983[/ATTACH]

+1 for reusable or manually operated mechanical traps!

im a little concerned with this "power move" idea. what does that even mean? is this like a tekken or street fighter thing?

im human i dont have power moves. the closest i get is unloading a AK47 clip into a hord of zeds.... keeping open about the idea but it feels a bit cartoony.. is that a c word thats allowed to be uttered here..lol

im a little concerned with this "power move" idea. what does that even mean? is this like a tekken or street fighter thing?

im human i dont have power moves. the closest i get is unloading a AK47 clip into a hord of zeds.... keeping open about the idea but it feels a bit cartoony.. is that a c word thats allowed to be uttered here..lol

Well we have: RPG, Turret Defense, Survival, Adventure... Why not street fighter simulator and well as my new favorite: Forum Cage Fighting and Mud Slinging! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes please. Bear trap that pins a zombie to a spot ftw!

30 steel, 20 springs and 5 mechanical parts.

Some skill to put it all together for the win! :)

You simply will have a slower but harder attack in you arsenal.

Tbh, i’d be much more concerned about melee combat being so simplistic and boring.

In A17 some of the xml, including the vehicles can be reloaded during game play, which makes for much faster tweaking for me and anyone else.

Does this mean that if I want to change a recipe or item property on my server, I can upload the new xml file and have the change go live without restarting the server? Will there be a console command for this, or does it happen automatically when a new file is uploaded?

Archived