Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We are aware. The main problem is the 45 degree angle on those blocks. A real bridge would slope less or really it would be flat.

I noted that MM didn't try to crash through a garage door like in the first vid, which got me thinking; does it only damage one block at a time, or is it capable of damaging ALL of the blocks it "hits"?

I noted that MM didn't try to crash through a garage door like in the first vid, which got me thinking; does it only damage one block at a time, or is it capable of damaging ALL of the blocks it "hits"?

Every collision contact point is checked again blocks, so I can easily damage 6 blocks in the jeep hitting a wall.

As I've recently flown a dragon in game, I can say that it was one of the cooler experiences I've ever had in-game. Really looking forward to the copter, especially since the distant tree's are in.

- - - Updated - - -

Every collision contact point is checked again blocks, so I can easily damage 6 blocks in the jeep hitting a wall.

Can the you set blockdamage via xml like you can items? Pretty please?

Removed the line about SP being removed and unified with MP. Who knew that one line would cause so much angst. So now all it reads is that the Pause feature works in MP as long as you are playing solo. Nothing but good news to make everyone happy.

Also I added Distant Trees since even though Joel didn't specifically mention it, it is pretty obviously in and looks great! People were speculating on it from faatal's pics but in the video it is conclusive.

We are aware. The main problem is the 45 degree angle on those blocks. A real bridge would slope less or really it would be flat.

Yes. I have been trying to tell TFP's about the block angle problem for years now.

Maybe if they make the bridge into asphalt road may help.

There is something else. Player placed blocks will not mesh with soil blocks. You can see this anywhere you have a POI bordering next to soil.

Is there a way to make them work together?

- - - Updated - - -

Removed the line about SP being removed and unified with MP. Who knew that one line would cause so much angst. So now all it reads is that the Pause feature works in MP as long as you are playing solo. Nothing but good news to make everyone happy.

Also I added Distant Trees since even though Joel didn't specifically mention it, it is pretty obviously in and looks great! People were speculating on it from faatal's pics but in the video it is conclusive.

Yes I beleave that (Trolland) wrote the original line. ;)

... In A17 some of the xml, including the vehicles can be reloaded during game play, which makes for much faster tweaking for me and anyone else.

That sound you hear is Modders everywhere in various stages of joy.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't remove it. It is a change that is in A17. Just because some people can't understand it doesn't mean it won't be there when A17 drops. May as well get their angst out of the way now.

It's not that hard a concept to understand so most of them will fixate on some other change to freak about anyway.

And this is great in many ways. One is that TFP encourage different ways to travel AND SURVIVE! This is not a Tower Defense game, unless you want it to be. So now, people can't insist their way of playing the game has to be played by everyone.

FREEDOM!!

I won't be happy until vehicles can travel underground so I can be safe...

And this is great in many ways. One is that TFP encourage different ways to travel AND SURVIVE! This is not a Tower Defense game, unless you want it to be. So now, people can't insist their way of playing the game has to be played by everyone.

FREEDOM!!

How in the world did you twist that video into a way to attack people for a perceived injustice to you? No one, well almost no one, that posts wanting things changed in the game are doing it to screw over your way of playing. It is so our game is better in our eyes. This persecution complex some people have to requested changes being an attack on them and their play style is a bit odd.

@faatal, MM I love the Jeep can break the trees, and understandably they should. Though you can make it harder for jeep destroy them so easily. Trees are rooted and spikes can tear them down, but it should do damage to jeep and take few hit before it can go down.

But really love the concept and now that I realise the world is so small in current state that we can move easily now. a day 100+ horde will only left you chasing if you are on chopper, and you flew pass them easily get down, refuel and up again while they reach around you.

Though one practical thing I love to have is ability to read map while on any vehicle. Yes the vehicle can/should be stationary for map to work, but why get down of minibike to read map, we can do while sitting on it.

Thanks

How in the world did you twist that video into a way to attack people for a perceived injustice to you? No one, well almost no one, that posts wanting things changed in the game are doing it to screw over your way of playing. It is so our game is better in our eyes. This persecution complex some people have to requested changes being an attack on them and their play style is a bit odd.

You have no insight, or at least what you typed was of a person with no insight.

Can't wait for A17 but until then all you people wanting this or that just dig into XML files lol.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299424247 . I got all radiated cop zombies home wreckers lol . If anybody says they are getting bored of anything in A16 I challenge you to try modding xml or try my server. I know alot of guys have done way more but with 7dtd its what you put into everything that can make all the difference. I got cops puking missiles and blowing up 1/4 sky scrapers on hurt explosion alone. I have made countless mods to xml as many have and if you balance it right it makes all the difference between updates. If I could not mod XML like the Fun Pimps have allowed i would not still be playing 7dtd. Being honest.I have modded almost everything in xml for tweaks,challenge and fun but have loved the progress the game has made over time.Been around since alpha 5 if I remember correctly lol

I won’t be happy until vehicles can only reach certain depths according to their levels.

Leveled depths.

I won't be happy until (and I'm totally stealing this from tsbx) the timer that cops explode on can be extended via bought perks using points earned from punching grass.

Okay, that last bit was my own flair.

But thinking the world is out to get you personally and that every thing someone else posts is a direct attack against you and your play style, feeling this way SO MUCH that a video about new vehicles is somehow tied to that belief is insightful as hell. Lol. Go dig a tunnel to bedrock and play hide and seek. I'll continue to ask for things that make my zombie game more fun.

How you twisted what I said: "More freedom in the game", is truly remarkable. I would only hope you are just bored.

Archived