Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So you're saying because you like SP that anyone else who may be co-op with their families and friends should be limited? That makes absolutely no sense from both a logical and a business standpoint.

No, He didn't even imply that co-op should be limited. He did say that SP shouldn't be limited just because a certain feature doesn't work in MP. Having a feature in SP that just doesn't work in MP is in no way "limiting" MP. Taking it out of SP ONLY because it doesn't work in MP is in fact the very definition of limiting one thing because of the other.

Edit: There are other valid reasons to not put in a feature for SP that doesn't work in MP. Maintaining two code bases comes to mind instantly. But none of them were part of the discussion.

Dangerous? The jeep does get possessed by a ghost occasionally and tries to drive you off a cliff, but that only happens every 5 minutes.

That's OK as long as the Ghost Busters song starts playing 5 seconds before the jeep enters the Twilight Zone. Giving me time to decide if I want to take that ride.

MTFGA

Coughs* VIDEO * Coughs

How about an explanation of the Environmental hazards we will be seeing around POI's? Weather and Temperature haven't been touched or discussed in several Alphas...What's the plan?

Why are we having to go into closets..shouldn't the zombies be coming out of them ..it is 2018?

Ouch

MTFGA

Coughs* VIDEO * Coughs

How about an explanation of the Environmental hazards we will be seeing around POI's? Weather and Temperature haven't been touched or discussed in several Alphas...What's the plan?

Why are we having to go into closets..shouldn't the zombies be coming out of them ..it is 2018?

Ouch

What he coughed...

I've a question about the Buff Overhaul

Buff Overhaul

+Replacing old buff system with a more robust and optimized framework

+Designed to work and stack with items, weapons, clothing, skills, perks, and attributes

+Can be triggered and modified by events during a buff's lifetime.

So... I don't see "Blocks" in there. Used to be I could make an asphalt block buff a player. Is this no longer going to be allowed?

I've a question about the Buff Overhaul

So... I don't see "Blocks" in there. Used to be I could make an asphalt block buff a player. Is this no longer going to be allowed?

Sorry about that. Blocks are definitely included in the list. If not we couldn't really call it more robust. The types of things that will be able to trigger a buff will be lightyears beyond what we have now. Blocks included. :)

i hope alpha 17 is coming out soon iv tried most of a the full conversion mods for this game and im getting bored and impatiently

You can’t rush perfection, go find something else to do because you aren’t the first or last to complain about the length of time alphas take.

Sorry about that. Blocks are definitely included in the list. If not we couldn't really call it more robust. The types of things that will be able to trigger a buff will be lightyears beyond what we have now. Blocks included. :)

Travel to other planets confirmed in A17!

Archived