Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Steering towards camera view is done. Works well. Just need an option in the settings.

Abraham Lincoln here says that he could come with you. If you need extra room for him you could send some files my way...you know just to lighten your load.

If you look in a 211° compass direction the vehicle turns towards that exact direction as long as you have any forward/backward speed.

I like the idea of controlling with the mouse!

This discussion has an impact on how transport management will work in 17 Alpha?

I'm considering the things said right now as proof of concept until it gets officially announced as a feature.

Good way to look at it, especially since I've told no one but this thread that I've even done it. ;)

And my daughter gave it the thumbs up, so you know it is good.

SP mode removed for one unified MP mode. You can play MP solo. 2/5/18

Pause feature added to MP but only active when playing solo. 2/5/18

So you now REQUIRE an internet connection to play 7 days to die solo? Just trying to be clear on this

Not required. A SP game was basically always a MP game. SP mode had a local server and a local player (you). MP with 1 player is the same thing. It is a cosmetic change removing "SP".

Not required. A SP game was basically always a MP game. SP mode had a local server and a local player (you). MP with 1 player is the same thing. It is a cosmetic change removing "SP".

Clearer.

Ty :)

Actually looking forward to how this will work out.

We are looking forward to being able to drive/turn with the keys and look/fire a gun with the mouse. Hopefully this will be A17?

Otherwise, we should be turning with a mouse. (sub-optimal choice)

Firing weapons from vehicles is iffy for A17.

Turning to where you look is basically done except for control settings stuff. We already went through testing, feedback and improving it. It should be in A17.

And it has mouse look mode.

If we can eventually shoot from vehicles, are there plans for a sidecar for the Hog? Would be cool to have your buddy firing his AK47 on full auto while assaulting Bandits.

Oh yeah.

That and the hard-to-see nail chains across likely approaches that result in you ending up in a flaming wreck.

Good times.

Archived