Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Today while I was playing it crossed my mind this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23927[/ATTACH]

- There could be a danger zone (Red Zone) where the zombies appear in heaps (50 to 60 zombies) and walk the streets, out of a base (Point of appearance of dungeon) where the zombies run at all times

-We have to destroy the base so that they stop appearing

-Recompenzas for destroying the bases (Point of appearance of dungeon)

I only ask? Is this possible?

Like State of Decay? I could probably see this happening with a POI but not a block. Just make a POI that has either several Screamers spawn in or make a Super Screamer that calls in a big horde. It would be even cooler if the Screamer POI infected nearby POIs with Screamer that if not taken care of, spread to other POIs eventually taking over a town.

Will we still have to loot wrenches and pipes in order to move up through the "tech" system (pipes for the forge and wrenches for the workbench) its not a big deal just would like to know.

Also:

will we be able to invest skill points into getting blueprints?

will there be a purpose for used skill books (temporary exp/crafting bonus for that item)

I ask the last one because it seems possible through the new buff system you seem to be working on.

Heck maybe even adding new books that give temporary boons to combat (such as a technique book, a how to do first aid or something silly like a drunken fist manual that will add boons when you are drunk)

If you don't have the game running then nobody can join.

If you do have the game running and set to 1 then nobody can join.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ but set to private then nobody but friends can join.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and pause the game then nobody can join while it is paused.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and people are joined then you can't pause while they're there.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and you quit then it will kick everyone else from the game.

Rented Dedis still work the same as it does now then I assume? This is just a merge of SP and "Co-Op" using the old menu system of Sp MP from the drop downs?

Like State of Decay? I could probably see this happening with a POI but not a block. Just make a POI that has either several Screamers spawn in or make a Super Screamer that calls in a big horde. It would be even cooler if the Screamer POI infected nearby POIs with Screamer that if not taken care of, spread to other POIs eventually taking over a town.

if my friend likewise, that's just what I meant

Sorry for my English

It will work exactly as it does now. You won't notice any difference other than the missing option for SP. Instead you will just select 1 for number of players.

Okay, thanks. So it's more of a technical / under the hood kind of change, nothing that'll effect gameplay?

@gipo: Yep. Its impact will be very slight on our consciousness. Very much unlike Everdeen. The odds of not noticing Everdeen would have to be very much in your favor....or disfavor, I suppose, since you’d very much want to notice it but since it would be quite impossible to miss it, things would definitely be amiss with your ability to see what was there on the screen unless you really did in fact miss completely. In THAT case the impact of Everdeen would continue to remain a mys.....tery. ;)

Hey Roland. When Madmole makes his next video. Could you ask him to show the jeep again? I heard that Faatal has been working really hard on it and making a lot of improvements. It would be really cool to compare it to the last video of the jeep. Thanks.

@faatal

What are y'all using for collisions on the vehicles? The bike have it's own collider? Talking a16 btw...

A16 minibike has a character controller on center (I think, going by memory) and does raycast down to determine tilt on terrain.

That is all gone for A17. All vehicles now have some combination of rigidbody plus wheel/sphere/cylinder/box colliders.

faatal, now that you are around, maybe you can answer this for me. Why does vehicles use the a and d keys for turning left and right and not the mouse. Maybe it is only me but I find it awkward using the keys to drive.

If you watch MMs video of the jeep, listen to his key board. He has changed to the L and R buttons.

faatal, now that you are around, maybe you can answer this for me. Why does vehicles use the a and d keys for turning left and right and not the mouse. Maybe it is only me but I find it awkward using the keys to drive.

I love using keys to drive and mouse to look. They should have options though.

I don't know why they were originally chosen, but I would guess because WASD is the standard and the mouse is used to look around. I like the keys.

How would you turn with the mouse? Mouse L/R makes the steering wheels go L/R? The wheels can only go so far, so you would keep moving the mouse, but the wheels are clamped. Then you move the other way and either it just starts moving right away, ignoring the amount you overshot, so finding center would be hard, or it doesn't turn until you get back in the valid range, which is slower. Could be done, but doesn't sound very responsive.

A16 minibike has a character controller on center (I think, going by memory) and does raycast down to determine tilt on terrain.

That is all gone for A17. All vehicles now have some combination of rigidbody plus wheel/sphere/cylinder/box colliders.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49210-Guppy-Server&p=786140&viewfull=1#post786140

I'll just leave this here... =)

Cool, thanks. We're all making this stuff up as we go along, it's nice to hear about the "right" way. =)

Archived