Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hey Jax. Is Ravenhearst your baby? Your mod project?

- - - Updated - - -

I have to ask. Is SP going away in Alpha 17?

If so what's going to replace it?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe....

Translation: Hell yeah but I can't talk about it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: Hell yeah but I can't talk about it right now.

Yeah, if he bleated out more than his cryptic "Everdeen" clue, he'd have to do more than just fetch coffee for the Pimps. It's gotta be tough knowing what he does and not be able to share.

I have been calculating the odds. Actually there are very few things that are droppable before a17 finishes, even less taking into account the "network vs time" problems and the planning of a18 /GOLD/Post release. I would need a few more clues to narrow it down completely but the answer is FOOD SPOILING (67%).

I have been calculating the odds. Actually there are very few things that are droppable before a17 finishes, even less taking into account the "network vs time" problems and the planning of a18 /GOLD/Post release. I would need a few more clues to narrow it down completely but the answer is FOOD SPOILING (67%).

You might be onto something. The following is a list of food in Katniss Everdeen's home in the Hunger Games:

44SDb0Y.png

As you can see from the red box, there was rotted (spoiled) food. CONFIRMED!!!!

I have to ask. Is SP going away in Alpha 17?

If so what's going to replace it?

you have to set the settings that you want to allow or not allow more then 1 player.

" Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post

Fun fact: There is no SP game any more.

Instead you start a game and limit the number of players to 1 or 2. Or whatever."

number of players - 1 (would basically be single player) :):jaded:

thats all i am going to say and its already been discussed before anyways.

you have to set the settings that you want to allow or not allow more then 1 player.

" Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post

Fun fact: There is no SP game any more.

Instead you start a game and limit the number of players to 1 or 2. Or whatever."

number of players - 1 (would basically be single player) :):jaded:

thats all i am going to say and its already been discussed before anyways.

What is there to prevent another player from coming in your game when your offline and messing everything up?

This would also block the original player from coming back to the game. Not that they would want to...

What is there to prevent another player from coming in your game when your offline and messing everything up?

This would also block the original player from coming back to the game. Not that they would want to...

If you don't have the game running then nobody can join.

If you do have the game running and set to 1 then nobody can join.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ but set to private then nobody but friends can join.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and pause the game then nobody can join while it is paused.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and people are joined then you can't pause while they're there.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and you quit then it will kick everyone else from the game.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ but set to private then nobody but friends can join.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and pause the game then nobody can join while it is paused.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and people are joined then you can't pause while they're there.

If you do have the game running and set to 2+ and you quit then it will kick everyone else from the game.

Can you also set a password for a game so only people that know the password can get in?

Can you also set a password for a game so only people that know the password can get in?

yes. It will be exactly the way it is now if you start a mp game on your own computer. All they did was add the pause function to that. If you are alone you will be able to pause but if others are on you won't be able to pause. If you are alone and pause nobody will be able to join until you unpause.

Right now in A16 you can create a MP game and set the number of players, determine if it will show up in the server list (private vs public), and set a password. All of that will be the same for A17 but you will also be able to pause if nobody else is in your game. The SP option will no longer exist because it would be redundant at that point and it will remove the bug that people experience where their SP game suddenly changes to a MP game and resets to Day 1.

yes. It will be exactly the way it is now if you start a mp game on your own computer. All they did was add the pause function to that. If you are alone you will be able to pause but if others are on you won't be able to pause. If you are alone and pause nobody will be able to join until you unpause.

Right now in A16 you can create a MP game and set the number of players, determine if it will show up in the server list (private vs public), and set a password. All of that will be the same for A17 but you will also be able to pause if nobody else is in your game. The SP option will no longer exist because it would be redundant at that point and it will remove the bug that people experience where their SP game suddenly changes to a MP game and resets to Day 1.

Thanks. Your list was complete except for that little point so I just wanted to make sure. :p

You might be onto something. The following is a list of food in Katniss Everdeen's home in the Hunger Games:

As you can see from the red box, there was rotted (spoiled) food. CONFIRMED!!!!

:smile-new:

Jokes aside, the feature will be about bows, obviously, and my guess is about the targeting of other entities. It probably works for NPCs, but when targetting other players they have problems of keeping the other player in sync (i.e. that both players information on the screen is correct or correctly updated).

Thanks Roland. Read both post.

Archived