Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Roland you tease....lol......hmmm Everdeen.....is that a hunger games reference? Maybe a new battle royale mode that currently only works in sp atm. How did i do? *grin*

Thats what i originally thought but then i thought a battle royale mode in sp only is not a battle royale..what would it be like in single player? it cant be as cool as roland is saying ... like he experienced it ..... if its SP only

Thats what i originally thought but then i thought a battle royale mode in sp only is not a battle royale..what would it be like in single player? it cant be as cool as roland is saying ... like he experienced it ..... if its SP only

Could be a new horde mode...but with a twist. Think horde mode but confined space with time and location basesd threats.

Yes, it will be interesting sorting it out. Bicycle could be same speed as minibike, but burn through stamina pretty quick and be slow going up hills.

There is also acceleration, braking, sprinting (turbo), traction and damage (hitting stuff) that can vary between vehicles and their mods.

Can't say I envy you and what you have to do....but I do send all my hope in you getting it done to everyone's satisfaction (including yours of course). Can't wait to see how it turns out. Chin up, pip pip and all that good stuff.

Can't say I envy you and what you have to do....but I do send all my hope in you getting it done to everyone's satisfaction (including yours of course). Can't wait to see how it turns out. Chin up, pip pip and all that good stuff.

Imo the bike should be slightly faster than full sprint but consumes less stamina, shouldbe slower than the mini bike.

There will be a whole new category of POIs: The race track.^^

I know we already have some nice race tracks made by users but the current vehicle physics is so limited...

Yeh, you'll have to improve support for densities in your editor, for smoothing out the banks. =)

hey roland and joel. if it is awesome for sp then why ditch it because it doesnt suit mp? i have paid for this game 5 times already (xbox and pc and 4 children plus me) i only ever play sp so if it suits one aspect only, then if it is that awesome please just do it. mp is not the be all and end all

hey roland and joel. if it is awesome for sp then why ditch it because it doesnt suit mp? i have paid for this game 5 times already (xbox and pc and 4 children plus me) i only ever play sp so if it suits one aspect only, then if it is that awesome please just do it. mp is not the be all and end all

You think the community was in an uproar over spam crafting being removed, start making features SP exclusive and watch these forums melt down. That would be a slippery slope, to start having SP or MP exclusive extras. I mean if MP were to get the motorcycles and SP would get only ATVS BOTH communities would (rightfully so) be upset.

You play with your kids and such I assume correct? Co-Op is the same as MP in the eyes of the files. SP would truly MEAN SP meaning if your wife wanted to connect to you those SP exclusives would go bye bye.

I am curious about the new vehicles on the servers, as it is most of them lag a lot with the minibike like server crashing and things like the minibike being way behind where you log in etc. Want to know what will happen with more and faster rides. Have they had any luck on making the world generate faster to support these rides? Also some people with even good servers say they dont think they can support multiple fast rides at once.

No answers? Servers I play on crash all the time with minibikes what will happen with faster vehiecles.

ummmm

jax - im exclusively sp.

i buy the copies for the kids as i am their father and provider.

wife is ex and not a gamer.at all.ever.

so. if a really cool feature as hinted is dropped because it doesnt suit mp then i ask why.

and why shouldnt sp be different to mp. horses for courses and all that.

why would anyone play a mp game where some anonomous spotty thirteen year old can screw up many hours of your effiort? and you cant send them to bed or take their phone off them or make them do the dishes...

besides my kids are mostly into this battle royale thing at the moment. that and some stupid jumping version of a fps. dont know which dont care either

No, it's not if plain weapons aren't super rare or can be crafted.

The mods will be the cool part.

Being able to make the base weapon would be nice. I have recipes on my server for weapon parts. Some are at the forge, others at the work bench. It's nice to be able to have the weapons you have schematics for if you can't find them anywhere and you're willing to sacrifice some of the steel that you would have used to fortify your base.

you say bugs what kinda of bugs? just wondering whee to post them and you may have an idea where to posts these

AI pathing and trader bugs (being kicked out whenever you step in as if it was closed, trader disappearing). This has really annoyed my group during our playthroughs. In some bloodmoons, we've had no zombies come after us (this one is a bit more rare though), minibike issues, which to be fair I can forgive since they are completely reworking the vehicle system so it would be a waste to try to fix. Smelling being broken is still a bit annoying considering there is no longer a risk to hunting. Just to name a few. Not a big fan of the idea of "patch current alpha til it 'just werks' then put all focus on next alpha with no bugfixing updates". Not a great way to do things, but its their game so of course they can do it their way.

ummmm

jax - im exclusively sp.

i buy the copies for the kids as i am their father and provider.

wife is ex and not a gamer.at all.ever.

so. if a really cool feature as hinted is dropped because it doesnt suit mp then i ask why.

and why shouldnt sp be different to mp. horses for courses and all that.

why would anyone play a mp game where some anonomous spotty thirteen year old can screw up many hours of your effiort? and you cant send them to bed or take their phone off them or make them do the dishes...

besides my kids are mostly into this battle royale thing at the moment. that and some stupid jumping version of a fps. dont know which dont care either

I'm not going to get into a back and forth about the merits of MP vs SP. Both are very popular. As for servers with anonymous 13 year olds. There are very simple and easy ways to fight that. There are server managers, there are bot programs like Botman that will auto kick and ban anyone doing anything hacky and there is always the option of passwording or whitelisting the server.

So you're saying because you like SP that anyone else who may be co-op with their families and friends should be limited? That makes absolutely no sense from both a logical and a business standpoint. If Minecraft or Ark had exclusive SP content it would look very unfavorable for a company. The community should not be divided into two separate communities.

There are a lot of players who enjoy both SP and Co-Op MP and I'm sure they wouldn't be very happy with this decision either if that was how they were going to go.

Now a new game mode like Horde mode or something is perfectly fine but even that was co-op back in the day.

Being able to make the base weapon would be nice. I have recipes on my server for weapon parts.

Crafting weapons (including guns) is not terribly unbalanced if these are the base weapons without mods.

What would be bad is if there were some random mod added to each crafted weapon. That would be spam-crafting all over again because you would "have" to roll until you got the good one kinda by accident.

There are a lot of players who enjoy both SP and Co-Op MP and I'm sure they wouldn't be very happy with this decision either if that was how they were going to go.

Fun fact: There is no SP game any more.

Instead you start a game and limit the number of players to 1 or 2. Or whatever.

Crafting weapons (including guns) is not terribly unbalanced if these are the base weapons without mods.

What would be bad is if there were some random mod added to each crafted weapon. That would be spam-crafting all over again because you would "have" to roll until you got the good one kinda by accident.

Fun fact: There is no SP game any more.

Instead you start a game and limit the number of players to 1 or 2. Or whatever.

Me likey! So something similar to Minecraft where you start a game, and others can join or be invited to join you? How does this impact server installs. I am going to assume that will be the same. If not color me intrigued.

I am fully aware these may be questions you can not or will not answer, but its our job to push for these answers :)

- - - Updated - - -

Does that mean hitting escape doesn't pause the game anymore? :ohwell:

I dont think they would remove that...at least i hope not.

Me likey! So something similar to Minecraft where you start a game, and others can join or be invited to join you? How does this impact server installs. I am going to assume that will be the same. If not color me intrigued.

I believe not needing completely different setups is the whole point so whether you have "a server" or a "local game that is kinda sorta potentially a server"... why should that run different code?

Just one more of those old sins that stuck around for way too long.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth about the merits of MP vs SP. Both are very popular. As for servers with anonymous 13 year olds. There are very simple and easy ways to fight that. There are server managers, there are bot programs like Botman that will auto kick and ban anyone doing anything hacky and there is always the option of passwording or whitelisting the server.

So you're saying because you like SP that anyone else who may be co-op with their families and friends should be limited? That makes absolutely no sense from both a logical and a business standpoint. If Minecraft or Ark had exclusive SP content it would look very unfavorable for a company. The community should not be divided into two separate communities.

Now a new game mode like Horde mode or something is perfectly fine but even that was co-op back in the day.

Imma just leave this here: 1524782717_SplatoonvsCod.jpg.74ba04b08fe16415ec8c7c156efab01f.jpg

@Jaxteller718

Blah blah blah

Ravenhurst 3.0! SOON!

COUGHS * VIDEO *COUGHS[/Quote]

Madmole may be grinning now. He may have secretly been wanting someone to start bugging Jax (or anyone for that matter) for videos of what he is working on to take some of the pressure off of him.

Archived