Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You know, the Behemoth does not have to be that big.

They could make one only three of four voxels tall.

Still too big. Monty Python showed us the optimal size of a monster is rabbit-size.

It might be small, but its roar will make the earth shake.

Still too big. Monty Python showed us the optimal size of a monster is rabbit-size.

Not the.... RABBIT! AHHHH!!!

Seen it. Loved that part to. lol

But really. I don't agree with that. Snakes for example are very hard to hit for one thing. And while giving them massive amounts of damaging ability works for that movie. It just seems out of place here.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the point was that anything taller than two (or wider than one) added a whole lot of refactoring of code to accommodate. Too many assumptions to clean up at this point (opportunity cost and all that).

I think I'm getting what your saying. A real shame after playing Fallout 3 though. :(

Unity is getting some big changes, are you guys updating it for the 2018 version?

They will eventually, probably for A17, definitely for A18 otherwise. They do keep up with the unity versions although I'd say they haven't started the upgrade yet as the current unity release is still 2017.3.0f3.

I had a look at the unity 2018 feature list. There's not much on there that'll make a huge difference to the game. The C# job pipeline might make threaded code easier to work with but it's unlikely to speed up the game. Did you hear of a particular feature that would be relevant to this project?

They will eventually, probably for A17, definitely for A18 otherwise. They do keep up with the unity versions although I'd say they haven't started the upgrade yet as the current unity release is still 2017.3.0f3.

I had a look at the unity 2018 feature list. There's not much on there that'll make a huge difference to the game. The C# job pipeline might make threaded code easier to work with but it's unlikely to speed up the game. Did you hear of a particular feature that would be relevant to this project?

Specifically the one you mentioned

It's all a matter of perspective. The behemoth only seemed gigantic because he was in the foreground. In reality the behemoth is truly a healthy 4'11". The nickname "behemoth" is simply a carry over from his college days.

It's all a matter of perspective. The behemoth only seemed gigantic because he was in the foreground. In reality the behemoth is truly a healthy 4'11". The nickname "behemoth" is simply a carry over from his college days.

2a92e26fc21be276c3e8aa000c36d1a7.jpg

Electricity as it was introduced in A16 is not the intended final version. It was simply the first iteration. There will be more polish to come and more toys to play with. Whether that will be in A17.0, A17.x, or A18 is unknown at this time.

That's good to know, thanks

Unity is getting some big changes, are you guys updating it for the 2018 version?

Oh gods...I have not even considered updating my project from unity 5.6 to the newer one...since I have most basic systems working...but for THIS game...I can't even imagine the headache of updating it and making everything work right again...last unity patch took me more then 9 hours to get my game functional...

Boats are planned but not until after water is fixed. First water and then boats but before water...A17

Oh thank you for that piece of knowledge. Can't wait!

These updates can not happen soon enough, so many games I'm waiting on are taking ages to update even interesting information, nevermind patches.

I'm one of those Starcitizen backers, and last year we had a single patch in the end.

I play 7DTD religiously, and I can swear Alpha 12-13-14-15-16 all came out relatively fast and such, but since Alpha 16 it's been very stale. There was a decently long wait for 16 actually, but not like it is now for Alpha 17.

I wish they'd give us what they got, and close off alpha 17 into smaller batches, and release more quarterly updates instead of once a year or something now.

Archived