Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Something to help people who cant tell the difference between Heat Stroke and Heat Exhaustion. One can get people killed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23595[/ATTACH]

I get that... but from a game perspective there is no coming back from heat stroke. Once you get to that stage it's not like you can rely on a wandering medical unit or ambulance to help get you stable and rehydrate you at a safe pace. :p

I like where you're going with the gun parts. Will the guns or all items have single digit levels now?

I like the enemy health bar idea too but it could be smaller or thinner?

Also, does it correspond to the last enemy in your crosshairs, or can you switch between which enemy it displays somehow?

The game is looking really nice, thanks for the updated video!

Watching you walk around the houses, I was thinking, how about some light switches and electrical sockets? Mostly just used to scrap for parts? If they worked, that'd be awesome, but mostly I'd just like to see the dead ones for parts.

I have eye problems so please, Please fix the crosshair Reticle! I have a hard time with contrast sight problems. So add a menu option for red, green, blue or whatever color, reticle, as long as it increases the contrast in bright areas. I dont want to have to mod it.

This please.

-A

With bosses coming it was needed so you know if you even have a chance. Its also a nice way of feeling your actual progression or gauging if an enemy can be slain or not based on the amount of damage you are dishing out. Its actually pretty cool, but no you can't disable it. When you face your first boss you will be glad we put it in. I'm sure mods can disable it, but its a nice way to tell how strong your enemies are.

In a normal world you simply dont know if a enemy is death. This takes away a huge part of the scare if you know that a enemy will be death in a known amount of hits. And he will not stand up again.

Maybe in a future version you consider to mark bosses a other way. Would be nice for the people that prefer Survival Horror over Arcade Shooter.

But ok, if you say "try the bosses first" we try the bosses first ^^

With bosses coming it was needed so you know if you even have a chance. Its also a nice way of feeling your actual progression or gauging if an enemy can be slain or not based on the amount of damage you are dishing out. Its actually pretty cool, but no you can't disable it. When you face your first boss you will be glad we put it in. I'm sure mods can disable it, but its a nice way to tell how strong your enemies are.

I must say, not knowing if they are dead was fun. and in horde night it will go crazy as it switch from one zombie to other, and make it hard to know. Instead of their health if you limit this to other player in multi player game or make it optional setting is good.

As to the video:

The shotgun would have taken more mods because it was tier 6 out of 6.

The shown magazine extender worked fine. It was tier 1 and increased capacity from 8 to 8.8.

(all programmer number but technically it works =)

I'm on the fence about the health bar, I would suggest an alternative green to red circle of some sort that when an enemy gets attacked it slowly changes shade from green to red that way you know you are doing damage but dont know exactly when the enemy will die. Kind of the best of both worlds.

I don't like the healthbars either. I don't want the game to tell me if I have a chance to win or not, I want to take my chances and probably die or run away. That just feels really cheap.

Why can't we disable it? It surely wouldn't be too hard to add the option to do so in the XML files...

That is a decent idea, I'll add it to my list. Most likely broken ones since "real" electricity parts have a cost to them. More stuff to salvage is always good though.

I had a similar idea... What if all houses / POIs are pre-wired with working electronics.

For example; all light switches, fridges, tv's and other electronics are connected to an internal or external switch board that can be connected to a power source (generator) and then the whole house comes alive with working light switches, fridges that keep food for longer and working plumbing... Kind of a long shot I know but it would be a-F***ing amazing.

Health bar for enemies, but still no food and water. I know the discussion leaned towards us knowing when we are hungry so we use the audio cues, which is actually a pretty good explanation of why we don't have the bars.

But then the health bar shows up. And I'm trying to figure out a reason like how the food and water bars were removed for less screen clutter. That health bar is extremely immersion breaking and VERY obtrusive. I won't complain and call for its removal but i do hope it is moddable because there is a certain amount of fear in NOT knowing if you can tackle a challenge.

This just feels too arcadey and like too much hand holding. Sorry MM i loved everything else though, the houses continue to amaze me and the shower curtain and stair railings were very well done. Can't wait for A17.

Archived