Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

TFP is a team and different people work on different things. RWG is a large time consuming change and the people tasked with that are working on it. Meanwhile, other people at TFP have other things to do and sometimes those other things are smaller and easier tasks that get done before the big tasks can be completed. At least they are working on those other tasks while RWG is being worked on instead of spending time on the beaches of Cabos San Lucas or something....

Not many understand this, its simple and appreciated that you do not just hold off the small fixes until the large ones are done. I felt you did that with A17 alas and we were agonisingly waiting over a year for 'the' update.

Thank god your doing it different now.

Bring fourth bug quenching glory.

But I WANT it to be surprise night. Why are you telling me how i should play my game.

This isn't Your game, this game players which is the majority, they want to play that way, and You're in the minority. And it's why Your (and My) opinion is not important. Which, in general, is fair. To our regret.

Not sure you are sarcastic or putting your opinion, but in either case. I comment on person putting his "way of playing" and I put my ways, which is default way for 7days to die for years.

Also, ask Fun pimps to add another option ...lol for it now :) . a setting in server XML or something :).

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Knitting Needles, Volcano, Spock.

You can't do that.

An even number allows half of the elements to have an extra effect on everything else.

If Spock can vaporise a rock, smash scissors, is disproved by paper, survives volcano.. what is to happen with the knitting needle? Does he snap it, or does he get poked in the eye?

You can only have odd number of elements!

So cool that blood moon horde can be a random range of day spread now. - Thanks!

If only remove the red text alerting the player of that night though. Players don't need a warning until around 5-6PM when the sky starts to red and the thunder starts. If you want to give players a warning earlier in the day, do so with environment changes not fracking red text.

Red text indicating blood moon day is arcade cheesy.

In the same category that the red text enemy HP health bar was in a17 dev.

Then you may as well remove the day counter all together, the Red text is a convenience thing so we don't have to keep doing 7 times tables in the four digit realm.

Sometimes you need to crack open the gfx card to get to your fans and it's sometimes not at all obvious that you can actually get into it. I've cleaned a few where the case was held together with sticky pads on the inside. Confused the hell out of me, couldn't find a screw holding it together anywhere. Even if the engineer missed it that's an understandable mistake.

Can imagine that would as I can't figure that. However, since discovering this little issue with my graphics drivers and fixing said problem I have launched 7dtd and had it running for over an hour with absolutely no issues. Really strange that 2 identical drivers would download and apparently attempt to operate at the same time but it is what it is.

As the TFP are going for optional game set up's, allow us HUD options as well.

Less notifications, less screen clutter. I for one do not want time/dates or warnings flashing up or being permanently displayed on my screen.

I want to be surprised and shocked into a situation I have to then adapt to quickly. That alone is tension and horror.

As the TFP are going for optional game set up's, allow us HUD options as well.

Less notifications, less screen clutter. I for one do not want time/dates or warnings flashing up or being permanently displayed on my screen.

I want to be surprised and shocked into a situation I have to then adapt to quickly. That alone is tension and horror.

The zillions HUD modlets dont work for you? ;)

Cheers

Question: Why are changes like "removed all but canned food from the vending machines listed and not "RWG fixed" when nobody asked for the first one and all anyone wants is the second one?

Answer: TFP is a team and different people work on different things. RWG is a large time consuming change and the people tasked with that are working on it. Meanwhile, other people at TFP have other things to do and sometimes those other things are smaller and easier tasks that get done before the big tasks can be completed. At least they are working on those other tasks while RWG is being worked on instead of spending time on the beaches of Cabos San Lucas or something....

LOL or are they?

@Maynard69

That's the problem of looking at only one side of the balancing scale, claiming IMMERSHUN. ;)

A stock human in this game is strong enough to carry what amounts to 45000 real life tons of concrete in his inventory.

By immersion rules that means Hulk-level flesh and bone density to not die instantly. Given those, destroying concrete and steel becomes perfectly reasonable. Because immersion! ;)

I found a research journal in the game and it said that the zombies appear to secret some acid substance from their flesh which eats away at wood, concrete and even steel.

The zillions HUD modlets dont work for you? ;)

Cheers

Yeah, I love the mods.... but if we all were left to rely on mods, the TFP could stop here and now and we get nothing else here on wards.

Its logical that the base game has all these things to begin with, leave the mods for things that covers stuff on a more specific level.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

I found a research journal in the game and it said that the zombies appear to secret some acid substance from their flesh which eats away at wood, concrete and even steel.

Madmole likes Aliens way to much I feel. :smile-new:

How long before we find out some forum dwellers have been licking the zombies to get high?

Archived