Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I would have much perfered the old way of generating maps and have it be huge, instead of this crappy little map. Do you guys not test things before trying them? How on earth did you think its fun with what we have now? We have these cool vehicles now but its pointless because you can run across the map very fast with coffee.

Anyhow this stuff is above my pay grade.

It is your pay grade, you’re the owner of the company. Instead of releasing a half finished RWG system thats terrible why not push it back to A18. Myself and many others had to stop playing A17 pretty fast for how borning and small the new maps are. If you can’t get the maps very big with the new system, why not compromise? Generate lets say 10 EXTREMELY big maps that use very good seeds, and have them installed on the game so atleast people can play on big maps that are not navesgame.

Hey, first time poster, but I had an idea about how to "fix" the night vision goggles. I know nothing about coding but would it be possible to add a condition where when you turn the night vision on, it automatically adjusts the gamma level higher? If there was a way to make that work I think it would be just like real night vision where if you try to turn them on during the day you would be blinded, but at night, instead of just changing the color, it also brightens everything nearly as bright as day! For example have it boost the gamma by 50%, and possibly adjustable in the config files in case that amount is too much/not enough for some players? I think that would add some realism to the night vision and might be a simple fix to implement?

It is your pay grade, you’re the owner of the company. Instead of releasing a half finished RWG system thats terrible why not push it back to A18. Myself and many others had to stop playing A17 pretty fast for how borning and small the new maps are. If you can’t get the maps very big with the new system, why not compromise? Generate lets say 10 EXTREMELY big maps that use very good seeds, and have them installed on the game so atleast people can play on big maps that are not navesgame.

Who cares. It’s alpha. Go play Nav or build your own map.

I don't have or need to have the disk space for 10 "EXTREMELY" big maps on my PC, since I play with two or three other friends at most. 8K maps are plenty for me, and I suspect that's the case for a very big portion of the playerbase that's not as vocal as you here. They released it now because they needed large scale testing, which is what us, *early access* buyers are for. Be patient and do what you signed up for.

Did you remember to turn off the stove honey?

Are The Fun Pimps getting sneaky,again.? :)

I built a good sized base and was getting ready to go out looking for car parts. But I had found so much stuff that needed to be melted down. I did not want to sit there waiting for a hoard to attack. So I left it in the forge to smelt. I had been out for several game hours taking cars apart and the like.

When I got back to the base it was breached by two screamers. One of them tore right though two lawyers of the wall and were almost in my base. Of course they screamed and I got rushed by a hoard.

I thought that was amazing that they attacked my fort when I wasn't home, thinking I was in. I've never seen that before. Normally I just leave my base and they leave it alone it no one is home, but now.

Gee! Thanks Fun Pimps! Now I have to plan for that to! ;)

No really I love it.

Landclaim should be banned in single player by default anyway. It should require a mod to even use it because it’s super cheaty.

?? How u wrench up your stuffs and move your base?

we're not focused on size right now, but bugs and performance.

I had a girlfriend in college who said the same thing. <looks away shamefully>

The Rad Remover is nice to have, but its not late game critical. Because most people use some type of damage burst to kill them anyway. I like Shotgun with full choke mod and aim for the head.

I have played the stealth + bow shtick once and that might be the guy that needs one. Maybe that's why I only played that type once.

I don't have or need to have the disk space for 10 "EXTREMELY" big maps on my PC, since I play with two or three other friends at most. 8K maps are plenty for me, and I suspect that's the case for a very big portion of the playerbase that's not as vocal as you here. They released it now because they needed large scale testing, which is what us, *early access* buyers are for. Be patient and do what you signed up for.

You don’t have the hard drive space for a couple more Gigs? I HIGHLY doubt that. And you can get a 500gb hard drive for 20$ or maybe clean your computer once a year.... And yes thank you very much sir for telling me its in early access, i never knew that. They didn’t need large scale testing to see random gen was TOTALLY broken. Myself alone figured that out in literally 2 hours of playing organically and not even really trying to explore the whole map.

You don’t have the hard drive space for a couple more Gigs? I HIGHLY doubt that. And you can get a 500gb hard drive for 20$ or maybe clean your computer once a year.... And yes thank you very much sir for telling me its in early access, i never knew that. They didn’t need large scale testing to see random gen was TOTALLY broken. Myself alone figured that out in literally 2 hours of playing organically and not even really trying to explore the whole map.

The point I was making was that there's many people who do not need extremely big maps (I'd gamble that most players of the game don't, but I don't have data on that), so it makes sense that the developers don't focus on that. Sure, RWG is borked (but playable), but it's hard to blame TFP when people are gonna complain one way or the other. Before they released it, all you heard were people complaining about them taking so long and asking to release it early, saying it didn't matter whether there were bugs since it's early access experimental, that they could use players as testers, yadda yadda. After they released it, now you hear people complaining about some of the systems having issues and saying they should have waited and worked more on RWG. If they had released it at the same date but without any RWG changes at all, people would have complained about there not being RWG changes after so much wait.

So, they released it, it is borked, they know it, it is being worked on, as stated multiple times by multiple developers. You're welcome, by the way!

I just did another video today too, and have a working world just no prefabs yet; I need to learn the world editor I suppose, to quickly place them in. Was thinking, with everything being buffs now, one COULD easily to a rad zone you need a bio suit for... Hm...

The rad zone is a bitmap / map overlay.

It can have values from 0 to 3.

Currently only "3" is used by a buff.

So you can paint specific rad areas on the map.

The point I was making was that there's many people who do not need extremely big maps (I'd gamble that most players of the game don't, but I don't have data on that), so it makes sense that the developers don't focus on that.

Actually I think the original idea is OK - though not the suggested implementation.

Instead of having pre-generated big maps, just have the game ship with a couple of different "default" seeds that can be used to generate those maps.

It's a win-win. People who didn't need them would "waste" a few KB disk space at most (depending upon the number of strings). Players that like huge maps would have, if not a pre-packaged map, at least seeds that would be guaranteed to make a good huge map. That way they're not completely wasting multiple hours generating RWG maps that will likely suck.

We watched a server that had a lot of players and it sent all their map data and combined it. After a month like 20% of the actual map was uncovered. I'm pretty sure we will support 16k maps again soon enough but my point is people think they need all this space, yet 50 players only uncovered 20% of the actual map after a month of play in a16.

How is this even possible? Single player on a 4k map, I usually end up discovering the whole map myself... and 50 players couldn't do more than 1/5 of the map in a month's time? Are you certain that map data was even correct?

Hey everybody. Just wanna know if RWG is glitched or is it normal to spawn in a small town on the edge of the map, surrounded by burnt, desert and snow. Only a little stretch of forest. Decided to venture out. Water (ocean) everywhere i look in 2 directions. Walls of water where shorelime should be. I have travelled 3.5 km in a diagonal line and have found nothing but snow and wasteland. This is on a 16324 map. Is this normal or has my map size caused this. I did try maps 4 times smaller and had same result.

edit: Also away from original town there has been no POI's or towns anywhere. Except the destroyed ones in the wasteland

Archived