Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yes that looks like a simple survival structure that you would easily build...in a zombie world,,,so realistic....Game is whacked that you need to build that to survive!!

Its over Johnny!!!

You dont have to build a horde base like that. You can build a simple square base surrounded by rows of spikes. People build crazy bases like that because it's fun to see how are far they can push the zombie AI.

Big Thanks to whomever put in the Disable Texture Streaming Option! :)

I'm confused the 17.1 stable bug reporting thread is closed saying 17.2 is out but the thread by the devs saying it is out as experimental do you have to op in or will steam update ?

Opt in under betas in 7 days properties in Steam. (latest experi)

Doesn't look like there's any update to RWG system. Is that correct or did I miss something in the notes? Not a complaint; just wondering if I can go ahead and keep playing my 17.1 world.

Should be 17.1 compatible. RWG is getting some massive work done to it, I don't know how long it will take, but our lead artist is working directly with Robert so we'll have the most visually compelling RWG ever in the next version. We can use height maps with it to create mountains, desert bluffs and much more natural looking terrain. On top of that it speeds generation significantly. The frame work for this is done and Robert is working on road/towns so that they will adapt to any height map we give it. Its a top priority so it should make a 17.x patch.

I did not see anybody posting about the tree issue / bug thing. That is a known thing right? Maybe 1 out of 20 or 30 trees I hit has almost 0 HP so one hit and it goes down and you get x amount of wood. It is nice when I find them but I am certain that is not an intentional part of game play... Had a farm area yesterday that when I hit a potatoein the prefab farm the majority of the farming area collapsed because there was a small gap underneath it somehow it was real weird... I am sure you guys already know about this stuff so please do not pay me any attention. Keep up the great work Fun Pimps! The game just keeps getting better!

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not, but for some reason I lost the 7DaystoDieLauncher.exe file.

Ran a validation check and it came up with one missing file. 7 Days to Die is now queued up on my downloads page in Steam. Just waiting for another game to finish validating.

If it’s still missing the 7DaystoDieLauncher.exe file or another file, then I’ll put in a proper bug report.

Generated a 16k map and ended up with this for the total prefab count:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<prefabs>

<decoration type="model" name="oldwest_graveyard" position="784,114,7184" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="survivor_site_06" position="776,115,7296" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="ranger_station1" position="680,120,7392" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="cabin_07" position="608,122,7464" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="survivor_site_04" position="464,120,7608" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="ranger_station1" position="-784,95,7184" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="cabin_15" position="736,116,7376" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="survivor_site_07" position="552,118,7232" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="oldwest_graveyard" position="-696,40,5896" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="cabin_04" position="-616,41,5887" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="ranger_station1" position="-480,49,6093" rotation="1" />

<decoration type="model" name="cabin_12" position="-352,36,6226" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="oldwest_graveyard" position="-384,30,6456" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="oldwest_graveyard" position="-816,90,7072" rotation="0" />

</prefabs>

On mobile while I'm regenerating another 16k world, same seed to see if it was because I wasn't focused on the world gen screen while it was generating...fingers crossed!

Archived