Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I play the game daily and just keep an eye out here for updates. I take the quiet as an indication that big changes are afoot for 17.2 and all hamsters are running on all wheels at maximum speed.

I still have at least 20 different POIs I've never explored so I got plenty to do.

Hey guys, I'm like chilling in my base. What's a typical night around here you ask?

Me: Doing my thing.

Zombies: GGGGrrrrrr! BANG SMASH!

Me: Flips the switch.

Zombies: GGRR-! AAAH-!

Sounds of blades flying, shock and an alarm sound can be heard.

Me: Flips switch Sounds go away.

Moments latter...………….

Zombies: GGGGRRRrrrrrrr! Bang! Smash!

Repeat. Fun. lol

I am very concerned about this silence of the developers, I hope that great things come

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me preocupa mucho este silencio de los desarrolladores, espero que se vengan grandes cosas

The ghost in the machine (Minibike)

Today I have been having some issues with the Minibikes. It first started suddenly when my first minibike vanished when my game suddenly crashed. the crash seemed to be triggered when taking a screenshot F-12 key. I take lots of screenshots and have never seen this happen before. I was surprised by this. When I restarted the game the minibike was gone and so was all the loot in it's cargo.

I spawned in a new one.

The next (game day) I started out before dawn to the traders, I was in the desert, close to the area of the original minibike when things seemed to glitch.

At first, it seemed that the game would freeze for a second and then fast forward. It did this twice but then after the second time, my avatar got stuck standing on the drivers seat while the minibike was driving by itself.

I tried to gain control and even jump off but all my avatar did was run in place. Well until the minibike hit something and the avatar was thrown off. It rag rolled, taking damage is it did and slowly got back up. Meanwhile the minibike could be seen going on it's way as if driven.

Suddenly she was back were she started, standing on the seat of the minibike that was driving itself. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1648375433

The issue repeated several times until out of fear or the avatar dying, logged out and back in.

When I did, I could not move but was stuck and in first person view. After playing around with the commands menu, I was able to see that my avatar was stuck sideways on the minibike. But was unable to move or do anything.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1648375754

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1648376155

I finally shut down the game and restarted it. Once the game loaded, I found a few changes. First I lost all my items that were on my belt and second I found my missing minibike. I don't know why it reappeared but I found it and it had all the items that I had stored in it. So I ended up taking the stuff out and packing it up to take with me.

I have never seen this before with the minibike or vehicle to my knowledge. Has anyone else seen this?

Paper. Not to revive the whole 'Bones!' debate, but I'm finding myself pretty short on paper. I've heard about the Paper Mill POI, but don't appear to have any in current RWG map. Like others, lots & lots of Water Works/Junk Yards/Cell Towers, but no Paper Mills.

Hoping that will be resolved w rwg fixes, 17.2?, yet even if it is wondering what folks would think of changing the Paper crafting recipe?

Far as I can tell irl 'glue' isn't used in making paper; would removing glue from recipe be to easy?

--

Might as well add in 'Charcoal'. Thoughts on adding a recipe to make Charcoal from burning wood?

I've modded in a simple recipe that takes 2 Wood and returns 1 Lump of Coal. Didn't feel like messing with the icons/recipes to make actual 'Charcoal'.

Weirdly by adding in this recipe I actually found myself cutting wood again. Hadn't really noticed but I'm hardly using wood these days. Couple hundred a day for forges, that's about it.

Paper. Not to revive the whole 'Bones!' debate, but I'm finding myself pretty short on paper. I've heard about the Paper Mill POI, but don't appear to have any in current RWG map. Like others, lots & lots of Water Works/Junk Yards/Cell Towers, but no Paper Mills.

Hoping that will be resolved w rwg fixes, 17.2?, yet even if it is wondering what folks would think of changing the Paper crafting recipe?

Far as I can tell irl 'glue' isn't used in making paper; would removing glue from recipe be to easy?

My lass would be able to tell you better, she's a damn professional at this, but you're kind of right and kind of wrong at the same time. We spot some random thing and suddenly I hear "Ooooh! That would make lovely paper!". The perils of growing up in a museum dedicated to print.

It depends on the kind of paper you're making, some use glue and some do not. It depends on several factors including the type of fibres used and the eventual use of the paper.

Note: During most disasters decent toilet paper soon becomes more precious than gold. The same can also be said at a decent musical festival. :-)

Seems you're unlucky, I found 5 Paper Mills in my last run ;). Don't forget to break all the cardboxes (military base with the under ground is awesome for that) and don't sell the bank notes : scrap them. Mailboxes are very important too. I use essentially the shotgun and I have way enough paper to make my ammo.

Hey guys, I'm like chilling in my base. What's a typical night around here you ask?

Zombies: GGGGrrrrrr! BANG SMASH!

Me: Flips the switch.

Sounds of blades flying, shock.

Me: Flips switch Sounds go away.

Moments latter...………….

Zombies: GGGGRRRrrrrrrr! Bang! Smash!

Repeat. Fun. lol

I just leave mine on lol.

I hear:

Sounds of blades flying, shock and an alarm sound can be heard.

Me: chuckle and continue what I was doing.

Repeat. Fun. lol

I am very concerned about this silence of the developers, I hope that great things come

Put yourself into the shoes of a developer working on fixing lots of bugs or editing xml all day. Also there are meetings to attend, other developers to ask for stuff, coffee to drink, having a chat with the fellow sitting with you in the office or your hubby or cat if you have home office...

And mixed in with all these activities there is also a forum where reading and posting stuff is as high on your priority list as that chat. Most of the time it is just a thought on the back of your mind that you should read the forum to know if any crisis is burning there or just show up since you haven't been posting for a long time. If you are bored or just don't want to do anything else, you might remember to look there. If you have interesting work to do you won't even remember that the forum exists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me preocupa mucho este silencio de los desarrolladores, espero que se vengan grandes cosas

https://steamdb.info/app/251570/depots/

--------------------------------------------------------

Gas pump = 64

I have been to several gas pumps and all of them have exactly 64 units of gas in them. What is up with that?

oh no! the jig is up!

anyone else get 'you feel something coming on" Illness that last forever and nothing removes it? mine in at 8H and I even died once and took 3 Antibiotics, 5 herbal Antibiotics and 2 honey. nothing removes it.

I get that a lot sometimes, when I am constantly fighting and getting hit. It seems to go away after a time. I only worry about it when it develops into the virus. But that's rare.

It does not seem to hurt the stats, imo.

I would just ignore it if I were you, but you could take along some honey just in case it turns into the virus.

Hmm. Interesting. I'd just quickly read/scanned industrial paper making with wood, and it seemed like the woods own glue, or lignin, was something they generally reduced. But it was a quick bit o research; and the 'how-tos' I saw for make-by-hand seemed mostly to use existing paper. Didn't find one that started w wood chips. (shrug :) )

Never thought of intentionally taking out the cardboard boxes... seems .. wrong? like bricking in a fireplace so Santa can't get in to leave presents :D but I'll have to kill one and see how much paper they're worth, heh.

--

On a seperate note; just had horde night and my electric fences didn't work. I'd installed for the previous horde and they worked fine then, but now 7 days later, not a single shock was given :(

After horde ended I went over everything, it was all still good, and since I use switches to route power I could even verify that I had green lights all the way through.

So picked up then replaced and re-wired one pair (in A17 I've learned to keep E-fences to just pairs, no long chains) and it worked fine...

Hss anyone else had problems where their E-fencing just stops working in A17.1?

Archived