Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The Hovel, a great starter shack

One thing that is good to have is shelter, but not just a roof over your head but something that you can rely upon. In a world were buildings are falling apart (including the floors) and have more holes in them than swiss cheese. It makes since to build a place to stay and stash your stuff.

But two glaring problems stand in the way. Time and material and for a player staring out with little more than there underwear, whos got time for that right?

Introducing the hovel, your home away from home. :)

This building can be constructed very quickly and with very little material. Dirt floors and wooden walls made from wood frames. Frames that can be upgraded multiple times as needed.

It stands

4 blocks high

5 blocks wide

7 blocks deep

Has both a front door and a hatch at the top. The hatch allows you a quick getaway incase the zombies come knocking.

You can add another door at the front to give you more time to get out if needed.

One good shelter can protect you from both the elements and surprise attacks. But it's best protection is that it hides you from being seen.

It's recommended that the cooking fire is places outside Both to help with lighting at night and to keep zombies from getting too close.

Candles are used for light as torch light might attract them.

don't forget that you can change the candle from a wall mounted ones to a table placed one, just select the made candle and select recipes.

Said candles can also be placed in a checkerboard like pattern around the hovel to give you more light. It works best with the night vision googles. Place on ground or on blocks as needed.

You will need about a hundred wood frames but there cheep.

Below are some screenshots of The Hovel

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647113799

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647114229

Note: Not reccommened for PVP games.

Last post.. 10 hours ago.

Guess the forum is really dead.

What's up with A17.2. Any developer care to comment what's being worked on? It's quiet. Haven't heard much over the past 2 weeks.

I'm not sure what TFP are up to but between trying to fix a motorcycle, cycling an utterly ridiculous amount of miles, and trying to solve programming bugs I've had enough to complain about with my own failings to worry about anyone else.

Give them time, it takes quite a bit of effort to completely remove systems and replace them at the last minute :-)

I really hope that last line wasn't prophetic.

I ask the same thing and find a modlet with udestroyable block and ramp..

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103985-Vanilla-modlet-collection

When you put that ramp or block, the vehicles cant destroy itd and also you cant destroy it anymore.Be carefull where and how you build..

Thats not really true, you can upgrade these blocks to haybales with the mod own Wrench and Ingots as material

The ones most critical are also often the most touchy when critizised themselves. Sorry about that source, it was the first list I found when searching for an A16 feature list. Since it also seems to be pre-release information it is even worse.

I would have called them new options for builders. But ok.

So, if we just take this list and act as if every feature on a line was equally big, there are 24 features not about graphics and 20 about graphics.

But all that isn't really surprising, TFP has more graphics guys than programmers on their payroll (afaik), I would expect a lot of graphics improvements in every alpha.

Well, mods will eventually bring any other game into 7 days, even pacman, that doesn't mean that vanilla should pack them all in. Vanilla with a battle arena? That doesn't fit. Just my opinion.

As a world event the airdrop is a very tiny one. The first definition I found on the net for the term calls them " Large-scale, cooperative, story-driven challenges". Weeell, 0 out of 3 properties.

By the way, I didn't tell you to play another game, there is no World of Zombiecraft to my knowledge, it was just an invented name that might fit 7d2d if TFP added lots of MMORPG features.

1) For the record... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/zombie-craft-survival-3d/9n8k7mzl7m3t?activetab=pivot:overviewtab. Also never said Ark was better, just that it felt a little more rewarding while playing. Leveling up more balanced, rewarding. Not a better game. Guess I need to be very specific here.

2) Not sure why you feel the need to give me your opinions about my opinions? Ok that I have an opinion and post it here?

3) A world event is a world event... large or small. I want more of them. That ok with you?

4) The arena was not a mod, was part of the Very first Admin tool for this game. Look it up.

5) By graphics, I meant Visual improvements to the game to counter that BS Game review. A17 does look good, and 17.1 runs very smooth for me.

1) For the record... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/zombie-craft-survival-3d/9n8k7mzl7m3t?activetab=pivot:overviewtab. Also never said Ark was better, just that it felt a little more rewarding while playing. Leveling up more balanced, rewarding. Not a better game. Guess I need to be very specific here.

2) Not sure why you feel the need to give me your opinions about my opinions? Ok that I have an opinion and post it here?

3) A world event is a world event... large or small. I want more of them. That ok with you?

4) The arena was not a mod, was part of the Very first Admin tool for this game. Look it up.

5) By graphics, I meant Visual improvements to the game to counter that BS Game review. A17 does look good, and 17.1 runs very smooth for me.

-----------

RM304: Since you mentioned 1500 hours to Boidster for some reason, I will mention I only have 4500+ documented hours. Have read ALL Developer and bug posts for the last 2.5 years (and most of the modding ones). And I very rarely make an appearance on the forums... (Although I do try and give DaVegaNL or Royal Deluxe a hard time every once in a while.)

Your posts SEEM to be getting pretty defensive, personal, and negative. And with more than just one person.

I am going to refrain from listing examples and just ask that you please re-read your posts and see if you might be able to reduce the negativity a little.

Thank you.

Since the forum seems dead due to a lack of news. (Clears throat) I decided on some new topics.

Please choose from the following:

1. Watching grass grow.

2. Watching paint dry.

Sounds like FUN!?!? Of course it does! ;)

Hint, hint Fun pimps.

-----------

RM304: Since you mentioned 1500 hours to Boidster for some reason, I will mention I only have 4500+ documented hours. Have read ALL Developer and bug posts for the last 2.5 years (and most of the modding ones). And I very rarely make an appearance on the forums... (Although I do try and give DaVegaNL or Royal Deluxe a hard time every once in a while.)

Your posts SEEM to be getting pretty defensive, personal, and negative. And with more than just one person.

I am going to refrain from listing examples and just ask that you please re-read your posts and see if you might be able to reduce the negativity a little.

Thank you.

Did I ban you guys from the server or something? Only defensive when getting attacked for posting some opinions of the game. But, I will try to respond more kindly since you seem to be very sensitive ...

Um no and Don't care. Thanks

Does anybody know if there is a way to make snowberry seeds. preferably without having to add a bunch of other plants to the game? Or if the Fun Pimps are ever going to add them to the game. Thanks for any help with this.

In Vanilla, no, you can't, but there is a mod for that. Could be an oversight, so you could file a bug report in the official bug reporting forum, and see if they respond with a "working as designed" response.

Sorry,I didnt know that..How to upgrade these blocks to haybales? Where to find Ingots material? I couldnt find it in cm menu..

They are there, just enter "+" in the searchbar. Maybe you need to activate the Developer button.

Hmm i make all screenshots new and better explaining together with 1.21 i release in a few hours

Since the forum seems dead due to a lack of news. (Clears throat) I decided on some new topics.

Please choose from the following:

1. Watching grass grow.

2. Watching paint dry.

Sounds like FUN!?!? Of course it does! ;)

Hint, hint Fun pimps.

Here... here's some news for you.

I'm having a baby. And... I'm male.

#fakenews

In Vanilla, no, you can't, but there is a mod for that. Could be an oversight, so you could file a bug report in the official bug reporting forum, and see if they respond with a "working as designed" response.

Thanks I did a search for snowberry and was actually able to find it it's a simple fix thanks I kept hoping that TFP would fix it but we shall see.

What kind of Grass?

Dank weeds ;)

My forest ground grass grew in about a minute. Now what?

My paint dried instantly, had to dismantle my paint brush to get more paint. Now I can't paint.

Here... here's some news for you.

I'm having a baby. And... I'm male.

#fakenews

lol. Ok, you really want something to do? Ok try this: Find this place:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1648221344

All I'm going to say is that it's in Navezgane :)

Archived