Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Blunderbuss: The forgotten firearm

With all the firearms that are readily available in the game it is easy to overlook the Blunderbuss, being the only firearm that can't be found but must be hand crafted by the player.

Due to the low firing rate, limited range, noise, quality limited to the players skill level and the availability of other firearms with ammo. It's no wonder why most players would overlook the blunderbuss. Some may not even know it exist.

But it does have a few things going for it. It was once dubbed the most powerful shotgun in the game and rightly so. It's firepower seems capable of stopping zombies with just once shot. It also has cheaper ammo when compared to other firearms. Finally it's the only firearm that doesn't use lead.

While other firearms may seem better, it may be worth looking into the blunderbuss as an early weapon.

With all the firearms that are readily available in the game it is easy to overlook the Blunderbuss, being the only firearm that can't be found but must be hand crafted by the player.

Due to the low firing rate, limited range, noise, quality limited to the players skill level and the availability of other firearms with ammo. It's no wonder why most players would overlook the blunderbuss. Some may not even know it exist.

But it does have a few things going for it. It was once dubbed the most powerful shotgun in the game and rightly so. It's firepower seems capable of stopping zombies with just once shot. It also has cheaper ammo when compared to other firearms. Finally it's the only firearm that doesn't use lead.

While other firearms may seem better, it may be worth looking into the blunderbuss as an early weapon.

Is it an opportunity to post my video on the blunderbuss? I don't know, I hesitate...

Does anyone know if there are plans to "fix" the fire rate mods? Right now they are pretty useless other than for the added weapon damage that all mods apparently have. The burst would be awesome if it acted like a true burst and rapidly shot three rounds with one mouse click. Maybe have all three shots fire per mouse click in the time it would take to shoot 1 or 1.5 rounds normally? As it is right now I can stop the "burst" if I let go of the mouse button before all three rounds fire. Single fire can be accomplished by just mouse clicking as well. My gun perks are mostly maxed out, and burst is still not ideal in practice.

If a modder points me to the xml, I'll mod it myself if it's possible for the time being.

Is it an opportunity to post my video on the blunderbuss? I don't know, I hesitate...

Thanks for the supporting video. I enjoyed watchin it. :)

From it I did notice that the Blunderbuss has an area effect that still works. It can still hit groups of zombies. Unlike the other shotguns that used to do the same thing.

I am hoping that they put it back in.

Thanks for the supporting video. I enjoyed watchin it. :)

From it I did notice that the Blunderbuss has an area effect that still works. It can still hit groups of zombies. Unlike the other shotguns that used to do the same thing.

I am hoping that they put it back in.

Thank you ;) I was very surprised when I tried it, but I don't forget that my character is high skilled and that the blunderbuss is full of mods - however I'm not certain it's a good choice of mods. But the two major points are : cheap ammos and fun to play with...

FYI, there is a attachment for the shotgun to make it a sawed-off shotgun :)

Blunderbuss is forgotten, seriously?

It's so useful in first a few weeks

It is. To scare the crap out of your co-op player/s when they don`t know you have it and shoot with it for first time on some crappy lost mindless zombie bastard, looking for who knows what. Damn of a weapon.

As you said availability of bullet and weapon in itself, with firing speed, blunderbuss is just fun weapon. I once built just for fun in 16.4, in 17 I really am sticking to worst of all Pistol in 16. but proves to be best in this version.

Question: I was experimenting with Vending Machine. There are Trader's Rental base vending machine. Which I saw in Streamer video works. So, instead I buy a Player Vending Machine in Single Player Game, and put it outside my base in open. I put some stuff in there, now it is 3 game days and nothing is sold. I believe they are not for 30 days rental as I own it. But do they sell in single player? Rental one sell product in single player, I know if I am on multi player other player can potentially buy, But in single player are there ghost buyers? even it is 1 in 100 chance?

Question: I was experimenting with Vending Machine. There are Trader's Rental base vending machine. Which I saw in Streamer video works. So, instead I buy a Player Vending Machine in Single Player Game, and put it outside my base in open. I put some stuff in there, now it is 3 game days and nothing is sold. I believe they are not for 30 days rental as I own it. But do they sell in single player? Rental one sell product in single player, I know if I am on multi player other player can potentially buy, But in single player are there ghost buyers? even it is 1 in 100 chance?

I think those are for multiplayer only. At least at this point, no idea if there are plans to change that in the future.

Distant thunder in the intro song

I would love it if TFP's added thunder to the intro song of there game. It would go well with the piano. Plus I am sure players could appreciate the addition while they wait for the game to load.

Having the thunder sounding faintly in the distance, gradually getting closer as the game loads.

Hi,

I'm playing coop with my friend and started on A17 (official release, no betas), and after 17.1 update the savegame is also updated to the new version. We are just in the starting phase (about 4-5 hours in it) and I would like to ask that should we start a new game (not random gen) or we can just continue playing our save? Is it worth to restart? Are the new features added or we stuck with A17 content?

Question: I was experimenting with Vending Machine. There are Trader's Rental base vending machine. Which I saw in Streamer video works. So, instead I buy a Player Vending Machine in Single Player Game, and put it outside my base in open. I put some stuff in there, now it is 3 game days and nothing is sold. I believe they are not for 30 days rental as I own it. But do they sell in single player? Rental one sell product in single player, I know if I am on multi player other player can potentially buy, But in single player are therej ghost buyers? even it is 1 in 100 chance?

I think those used to work when you could wrench mines.

(There was a time in A15, I went nuts (in survival - not creative) and placed a bunch of those all over the place just hoping...)

Hi,

I'm playing coop with my friend and started on A17 (official release, no betas), and after 17.1 update the savegame is also updated to the new version. We are just in the starting phase (about 4-5 hours in it) and I would like to ask that should we start a new game (not random gen) or we can just continue playing our save? Is it worth to restart? Are the new features added or we stuck with A17 content?

While guarantees should not be applied to ANY updates, there are not many differences between those versions (RWG or Navesgane), and 4-5 hours is not 'deep' into a game; so, I would suspect you would be ok.

There seems to be a lot of 'hopes' for 17.2, and it has been a while, so I suspect restarts may be 'warranted' then.

Has anyone come up with a ramp that does not get destroyed when riding a vehicle over it?

I ask the same thing and find a modlet with udestroyable block and ramp..

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103985-Vanilla-modlet-collection

When you put that ramp or block, the vehicles cant destroy itd and also you cant destroy it anymore.Be carefull where and how you build..

Archived