Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hitman: here is a story about an assassin, which you must follow to reach the end. The more you play like a proper assassin, the better you will do.

7D2D: here is a world with (mostly) understandable rules, and also zombies. Go have fun. Do not do things which are not fun for you. There is no end, except in death.

I like to feel rewarded for what I do, specially if it's something hard and be punished when I screw up. The lazy/safest playstyle should not be rewarded as much.

That's why I don't play this game for a month .1 version is bad already and they plan to increase even further the trader exp.

Cool, they worked on the AI to make zombies great again in A17 then 1 month later, they work to allow a playstyle that can complete avoid the zombies while leveling up super fast.

They didnt need to do that, there is creative mode and people can turn zombies off. One, the other or both combined should be enough for those that want play a game without any challenge and without zombies.

I really loved the earlier exp A17 then it started to go downhill because of those that cant learn, adapt or use the in-game options but sure thing they can make a lot of noise crying about everything they failed to understand or figure it out.

If there is no challenge there is no point in play a game IMO.

@Faatal, @MM, @Ronald, @Gaz

I have several things to say, I hope the developers can read it, I think more than one would agree, I go on day 15 level 98 I have the Lucky Looter in 4/5 and I still find weapons level 1 or at most 2 , I do not know if this is broken, but it does not matter because I can manufacture level 6 weapons, then lose total thanks to looting, since there is not much to buy in the merchants, I have the 4x4 also, game is in 2 hours per day , and kill 1741 zombies for this, I would like that this could be fixed, since it does not make sense to play it if you have it all fast, here are some points that could take into account

-Remove the movement of weapons

- That the current weapons could only be found in booties

- That we could make weapons as an example, Pistols guns, shotgun rifle, cacero rifle, rifle actomatico cacero.

- Add more weapons to the game please

-The mods do not add much variety to the weapons, they are the same weapons that from ancient betas, please add the weapons caceras,

-Many traps

-Mas Vehicles

-Ballesta Composite

-Escopeta automatica

-Fishing

-Mother medicinal and edible plants

-Climate changes

-Bandidos (post-graduated from alpha 14) it's time to have them :)

I have several things to say, I hope the developers can read it, I think more than one would agree, I go on day 15 level 98 I have the Lucky Looter in 4/5 and I still find weapons level 1 or at most 2 , I do not know if this is broken, but it does not matter because I can manufacture level 6 weapons, then lose total thanks to looting, since there is not much to buy in the merchants, I have the 4x4 also, game is in 2 hours per day , and kill 1741 zombies for this, I would like that this could be fixed, since it does not make sense to play it if you have it all fast, here are some points that could take into account

- That we could make weapons as an example, Pistols guns, shotgun rifle, cacero rifle, rifle actomatico cacero.

-The mods do not add much variety to the weapons, they are the same weapons that from ancient betas, please add the weapons caceras,

-Many traps

-Mas Vehicles

-Ballesta Composite

-Escopeta automatica

-Fishing

-Climate changes

I love this mix of English and Spanish :p

don't worry bro, good things are coming. And if they implement the base mechanics we can have the variety from mods!

Right, and currently, runtime swapping out prefabs (i.e. POIs) is not even in the game. And it's not trivial to handle, either - how would you make it moddable? How would you deal with RWG pre-generating everything now? How could you effectively hide the swapping from the player? Etc.

It's a lot more complicated than just resetting the containers in a prefab/POI when you start a quest, since that already happened (more or less) whenever loot respawned; the functionality was already in the game.

TFP would have to program in (and balance, and support...) entirely new functionality - and they have shown no indication that it's even something they're interested in doing.

I supposes a modder with a lot of SDX experience could give it a go, but I really doubt they would be able to do it in any reasonable time frame, since they'd essentially have to gut and re-program vast swaths of the vanilla game code.

I'm certainly not saying it shouldn't be done, I think it would be really cool, I'm just not expecting it to ever be possible in this game.

(Also - haven't played with the wandering traders yet, the only A16 mod that had them was one I didn't care for, but they do sound pretty neat.)

I don't think it would be as hard as you say. The POI reset will bring cars, work stations and anything else back that you had already destroyed. It is essentially creating a new POI every time it is done. I don't think it would take long to be able to make it turn into a different POI. As for signalling when it is done, it could be done when you come back to the POI and the game goes to load it in. There would be something set that would tell it it is time to upgrade to the next POI and it would upgrade at that time.

EDIT: I read some of the further posts below yours and see that some others have made the same points I have and more.

Request - More Medical/Illness info.

Having a message "you feel something coming on but you're not quite sure what it is" for 56M even after taking antibiotics is not helpful.

There should be more info or some sort of guidance.

also with food poisoning. does it kill? i took honey, goldenrod tea. antibiotics. still progressed. heath went down to 50 i maintained it with first aid bandages, but could not cure any way. just have to wait. we need information, how it works, guessing is not good enough.

-Many traps

-Mas Vehicles

-Ballesta Composite

-Escopeta automatica

-Fishing

-Climate changes

i play 120 min days too. day 23. i found lvl 6 pistol, lvl 5 shotgun, lvl 4 compound bow, several useful mods. so it is not broken, it is just rare. i tryed to go with minimal inteligence, but it is not possible for me. i need ability to craft certain things, specially ammo and traps. so my int is up to 8. can craft tier 5 stuff. i'm yet to make my first vehicle, still running :D

so , playstyles are different. not too fast for me. i still have a lot of perks, i want to learn.

my only cocern is: by looting poi's , reward versus effort going out of balance in higher levels. radiated and ferals are too common and reward is still same = some ammo and low lvl weapons. i went through post office, i looted 20 days earlier. several radiated spiders etc. loot was basicaly same as in first day. not game breaking, but it takes away some interest to loot, if i spend more time and ammo and still get same quality loot.

if you are doing trader quests, vehicles are important. If you ran to a city, or just outside one, its probably not that important (provided the town is big enough). This is why I really think this game is light years better than A16 and prior; there are several ways to play it. I also appreciate the ability to make settings that make the game super casual, or make it hard. Sometimes I don't want to be stressed out about a video game, other times Im looking for a challenge. I guess that's just a long way of saying, "thank you Fun Pimps!"

if you are doing trader quests, vehicles are important. If you ran to a city, or just outside one, its probably not that important (provided the town is big enough). This is why I really think this game is light years better than A16 and prior; there are several ways to play it. I also appreciate the ability to make settings that make the game super casual, or make it hard. Sometimes I don't want to be stressed out about a video game, other times Im looking for a challenge. I guess that's just a long way of saying, "thank you Fun Pimps!"

I often run two parallel games each Alpha. One is set on a difficulty level and settings that make the game absurdly easy, for when I just want to muck around, kick butt and chill out. The other is set on the highest settings I possibly can, for when I want to really struggle through each day. Indeed, because I make XML edits to each, I typically have two versions of the Alpha installed on the PC and switch between each as my mood takes me.

in a16.4 i used traders a lot, selling concrete blocks and buying stuff. i visited 4...8 traders twice a week.

now, in a17.1, i rarely visit traders. in my last build i did not do single trader quest. i concentrated to base building. so far so good. i'm alive and doing well.

in next build i may try more nomadic stile, do quests and build minibike or hog. i my die few times

I often run two parallel games each Alpha. One is set on a difficulty level and settings that make the game absurdly easy, for when I just want to muck around, kick butt and chill out. The other is set on the highest settings I possibly can, for when I want to really struggle through each day. Indeed, because I make XML edits to each, I typically have two versions of the Alpha installed on the PC and switch between each as my mood takes me.

mate, i run only one game from one alpha to the next and STILL forget that the stack of ingredient x i thought i had in a chest was in the last game!

how do you keep up?

Jigglypuff

ha ha ha ha ha!

Hi Folks, Apologies if I'm a bit behind the curve... Loving the new game as have had to adapt. So I'm finally able to make the "fortress of doom" again and have the generators, batteries etc needed to power it all up. Where have all the lights gone? i.e. industrial, dome and tubes? Have I missed a perk somewhere? We can't seem to salvage them. I can't seem to make them. With only a ton of dangling simple lights, my base is going to look like a Christmas tree. I understand the old lights used parts that are no longer in the game so a formula change perhaps? Grateful if anyone can point me along the right path.

P.S don't miss selling crazy amounts of concrete to get coin as that was a bit 'cheaty'. Just make some steel tools and flog them to buy your purple tactical armour.

@VikingGerbil, I've seen the question asked a number of times, also bug reported, but I don't recall seeing a dev reply.

Hard to imagine more light fixtures won't make a return at some point, so keep your fingers crossed :)

Edit: rockin name; it deserves a kick-a$$ pic :D

Many thanks for the reply FileMachete. At least I'm not mad then. Guess i'm going with the subdued lighting plan then and hope all the candles don't burn the place down (good job they don't run out eh? Oh did I just say that...)

Have been trying to get a picture but the little guy (Eric T Gerbil) just runs off when I waggle the mini helmet and stapler at him. Not a team player obviously.

Many thanks for the reply FileMachete. At least I'm not mad then. Guess i'm going with the subdued lighting plan then and hope all the candles don't burn the place down (good job they don't run out eh? Oh did I just say that...)

Have been trying to get a picture but the little guy (Eric T Gerbil) just runs off when I waggle the mini helmet and stapler at him. Not a team player obviously.

There is a 7D2D, Ninja Assassin gerbil, but I suspect the TFP got to him first...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27514[/ATTACH]

Bummer, it was a video gif and in the end it said: "SOON..." :)

Are here still people playing A16? I think i'm switching back until A17.2 drops.

I'm in the process of restoring back to A16 with all the players in my group. We're probably gonna stay there till something like A18. There's just too many fundamental changes that are too hard to mod out to make fun or work properly. (Generally a17 is too grindy, and we miss: a16 RWG map size and generation, a16 perk system, a16 schematics, a16 dumb zombies, a16 POIs, a16 building and base defense, etc.)

I figure they're probably going to release at least some of this stuff and fix it at some point, but right now my whole group has abandoned the game so going back to a16 is my only option to keep the group playing.

Archived