Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

No, that's not what I meant - though I phrased it badly so I see why you misunderstood me.

Traders don't move from one location. The location itself changes.

Say, when you start the game, the nearest trader is living in a single tent. You do quests for this trader, and that trader "gets more stuff" as a result.

Without changing location, the trader's base grows from the single tent (and crappy loot for sale), to a simple log cabin (with slightly better loot), and eventually to the trader POIs you see in game now.

...That's not my idea, I'm just rephrasing what Royal Deluxe suggested. If it ever gets to be in game, credit him.

No, I understood you. I just wanted a reason to drop in Xyth's epic trader's mod. :)

And as I previously said, its still totally doable if TFP wanted.

The quest reset function just resets *that* prefab.

The upgrade functionality you speak of would just swap out the tent, for another prefab, in that same spot (simplified obv)

Whos gonna B 50K

no, i understood you. I just wanted a reason to drop in xyth's epic trader's mod. :)

and as i previously said, its still totally doable if tfp wanted.

The quest reset function just resets *that* prefab.

The upgrade functionality you speak of would just swap out the tent, for another prefab, in that same spot (simplified obv)

Exact this

Trader Prefab 1a

41x41 Blocks large in the middle of a plain field a few tents, crates, sandbags and the white river flag

After doing a mission

Trader Prefab 1b

Spawns. 41x41 Blocks large with a Wall 39x39 2 high, still the same core

After doing next mission

Trader Prefab 1c

Spawns. 41x41 Blocks large with the stuff from before but additional a "Workplace" that offers a forge and a workbench.

Love getting snarky replies for having an opinion. Not sure why you are referencing a random game review website that says it got the information form this Forum, but ok.

The ones most critical are also often the most touchy when critizised themselves. Sorry about that source, it was the first list I found when searching for an A16 feature list. Since it also seems to be pre-release information it is even worse.

Blocks and Building

Jail Cell door

Iron Bar block with outside, centre, and inside edge rotations

Outside corner stairs

Unified block system which allows for 24 rotations and texture alignment between blocks

Painting tool that will allow for multiple textures and colours for greater building variety

Bulletproof Glass

Rain Gutters

3d Ladders

I would have called them new options for builders. But ok.

World Generation

Distant Terrain 2.0 featuring distant POI’s

Socket System for POI’s and cities that mesh more naturally with the terrain

City districts for more organic city layouts with industrial, commercial, and residential zoning

Enhanced world previewer using the new LOD models of POI’s

More Character options

New beards

More hair styles

New clothing

So, if we just take this list and act as if every feature on a line was equally big, there are 24 features not about graphics and 20 about graphics.

But all that isn't really surprising, TFP has more graphics guys than programmers on their payroll (afaik), I would expect a lot of graphics improvements in every alpha.

You obviously havent played long enough to know that the early Front Runner Tek Server Admin Tool had an arena option. The airdop is a world event. Traders are NPC's. That's what Im referring to. Need more. Don't need someone to tell me go play another game just because you don't agree with me.

Well, mods will eventually bring any other game into 7 days, even pacman, that doesn't mean that vanilla should pack them all in. Vanilla with a battle arena? That doesn't fit. Just my opinion.

As a world event the airdrop is a very tiny one. The first definition I found on the net for the term calls them " Large-scale, cooperative, story-driven challenges". Weeell, 0 out of 3 properties.

By the way, I didn't tell you to play another game, there is no World of Zombiecraft to my knowledge, it was just an invented name that might fit 7d2d if TFP added lots of MMORPG features.

What is up with these roads? They seem smooth but are bumpy as can be if you try riding on them. In most places they are ok but some areas it's like trying to ride over jagged rock.

IF that is intended, then someone or something is to blame. I think DaVegaNL is responsible. :)

This is all intended to get the player to build an airship (the size of the Hindenburg) to travel to New York City. Where the last bastion of the living survives. But can you make it there? Being "maxed out" in part 1 only makes you about average in New York!

Interconnecting buildings with skylines, subways that have been abandoned and 10,000 known living who say you cant help defeat the 8 million zombies who have to be hit in the head to do any damage!

Don't forget the bandits that have come in the thousands...

Exact this

Trader Prefab 1a

41x41 Blocks large in the middle of a plain field a few tents, crates, sandbags and the white river flag

After doing a mission

Trader Prefab 1b

Spawns. 41x41 Blocks large with a Wall 39x39 2 high, still the same core

After doing next mission

Trader Prefab 1c

Spawns. 41x41 Blocks large with the stuff from before but additional a "Workplace" that offers a forge and a workbench.

That makes a lot of sense. I would say a mission for each station as well.

The final mission is to get back to New York on the Hindenburg sized airship with 7 others each person with an extra ability. In New York dead is dead, but you have 8 people to try to overcome the factions, the bandits, The tall buildings, the things in the sewers and subways and below...

Naa the end is that you are beamed on a speceship where you can find a samurai, a cowboy a few other persons in cryotanks...and well a guy in a blue overall

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! That epic FO3 reference. Man I loved and haaaaated that damn ship. I hit every single, game-breaking bug possible there.

IF that is intended, then someone or something is to blame. I think DaVegaNL is responsible. :)

This is all intended to get the player to build an airship (the size of the Hindenburg) to travel to New York City. Where the last bastion of the living survives. But can you make it there? Being "maxed out" in part 1 only makes you about average in New York!

Interconnecting buildings with skylines, subways that have been abandoned and 10,000 known living who say you cant help defeat the 8 million zombies who have to be hit in the head to do any damage!

Don't forget the bandits that have come in the thousands...

Oh yeah sure. Go ahead. Blame your resident geologist.

*whispers*

Damn, they're onto me.

TFP long loong looong time player here just wanted to chime in.

Finally played some real time in 17.1 and it is very good.

Positives:

Zombies jog on normal nights walk during the day and Sprint during blood moons.

This makes for a great middle ground when playing with my wife.

Guns! And steel ammo.

Finally I am shooting zombies with the guns I find. Before ammo was so rare it was late game before I actually allowed myself to use guns for regular zombies.

The pois are great, I was a bit worried about the "dungeon" aspect being cheesey but you guys did it well.

There are 1 or two things I would change but overall I think the game now finally feels like a finished product. It still needs polish and balancing and I would still love updates and new content but I'm very happy with how it has turned out.

Archived