Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

@Faatal

Can you make it so that vehicles gain speed when going downhill? or even just let them roll down? thanks.

They should speed up some or at least not stop. Could be wheel friction. I'll add to my todo list to take a look at.

We keep playing, but I want to see what new mods they've cooked up for gear, new pois, and what adjustments they are making. They've hd several weeks to read feedback, and think about what changes they want to make.

Don't get too excited. There have only been 4 work days since we got back from our holiday break and I think a lot of that has been balance and bug fixes.

Can I assume that means RWG didn't get any fixes?

That is a good assumption. I asked a question about all the duplicate junkyards and radio tower utility buildings today and he said he is aware but that he's had a heaping plate of team assigned high priority bugs he's had to work through but is about ready to bring RWG back up to the front burner again. So maybe 17.2/17.3 we'll see some noticeable improvements to RWG.

Don't get too excited. There have only been 4 work days since we got back from our holiday break and I think a lot of that has been balance and bug fixes.

They can get a little excited. I've noticed a substantial improvement to things like stamina use for the more mundane tasks of chopping, mining, and digging as well as a nice increase in xp from doing non-killing activities. Those changes right there should make for some happier players. :)

I have never had or seen a report of that error. Has it happened more than once?

Guessing you haven't seen the 3 or 4 posts dating back to the first Experimental release of this issue that has yet to be recognized or fixed?

Guessing you haven't seen the 3 or 4 posts dating back to the first Experimental release of this issue that has yet to be recognized or fixed?

Hoping at least one of these was a bug report in the bug report thread and you remember well enough to link to it and that these 3-4 posts aren't just vague remembrances.

I remember seeing a few of those reports, they were all people that didnt wipe old saves or were using old saves. Which is why its probably not recognized. Havent seen any problems like that myself either playing fresh saves.

I remember seeing a few of those reports, they were all people that didnt wipe old saves or were using old saves. Which is why its probably not recognized. Havent seen any problems like that myself either playing fresh saves.

+1

there have been quite a lot of 'reports' from players who did not start fresh

They can get a little excited. I've noticed a substantial improvement to things like stamina use for the more mundane tasks of chopping, mining, and digging as well as a nice increase in xp from doing non-killing activities. Those changes right there should make for some happier players. :)

My game is already fixed up. Modlets and a little elbow grease will do wonders. :) Enjoying it immensely now. Sad to hear about RWG. Handful of people I know have looked deep into it and it's a disaster.

Excited for patch notes but since I took everyone's advice and modded it to my liking not excited about a patch with no new content although I totally understand this one is a necessary one to try and get everyone back on board.

My game is already fixed up. Modlets and a little elbow grease will do wonders. :) Enjoying it immensely now. Sad to hear about RWG. Handful of people I know have looked deep into it and it's a disaster.

Excited for patch notes but since I took everyone's advice and modded it to my liking not excited about a patch with no new content although I totally understand this one is a necessary one to try and get everyone back on board.

Yeah I've been doing the same, things madmole has hinted at for 17.1 I've just been modding in, plus anything that seems out of balance as I'm playing, like my latest modlet for giving the tool and die set a chance to spawn in the secret stash for perks 4 and 5 etc just to try and limit RNG being a pain.

Ok, so I haven't been basebuilding yet... but I have a question about the tablesaw (since I did find a few)...

How does this work?... do I HAVE to be at the tablesaw to make certain shapes?...

if so... that's so... f***ing annoying and user UNfriendly... and totally takes away the FUN of basebuilding for me... so each time you run out of the shape u r using or when u just want to try a whole range of shapes, u need to go back at the tablesaw?

I don't mind you need to have it or something... but to actually be next to it to make the shapes... TFP almost doesn't want us to make our own stuff except for the simple stuff...

not to add to yer bad day, but. Since it's a 'workstation' the whole land claim block bit is likely to come into play too.

I'm certainly not detailing out the major core of a new base enough to leave the concrete mixer a klick away. It needs to be on the job site. And it'll need to be moved at least once; likely more than once. And as soon as you need to use a LCB at the site, well, I hope you didn't build your 1st base in a POI. If so you may want to move your stuff out before placing that new LCB down and deactivating your current one.

LCBs were mentioned by The Fun Pimp, so this may change in some way in the future.

<snip>We are gathering data on a case by case basis, balancing and addressing the true problem areas most of which so far center around optimizations, stamina, balancing XP for all play styles, land claims, increasing zombie loot drop chance, zombie block damage, skill/perk balance and gating and random world gen improvements.

Cheers Richard

A17.1 Changelog

Changed: Mines can now be picked up by using a wrench.

Roland, i have noticed that you can also dismantle trashbags with a wrench, is this going to be fixed? Cuz, trashbags dismantling with a wrench is kinda stupid feature to me, seeing trashbag are mostly made from plastic and not metal... :S

Roland, i have noticed that you can also dismantle trashbags with a wrench, is this going to be fixed? Cuz, trashbags dismantling with a wrench is kinda stupid feature to me, seeing trashbag are mostly made from plastic and not metal... :S

In Soviet Russia, trashbags dismantle you!

In Soviet Russia, trashbags dismantle you!

Careful what you talk about them. They can find you and send you to Siberia, make/force you to show your geological skills and knowledge, with a pickaxe in you hands. For life !

Hello everyone. I have a question about molotov cocktails. A friend of mine was going to use them in his day 21 horde, but he wasn't able to throw them for some reason. His character did a throwing motion but that's it, nothing was thrown and he had the same number of molotovs left. You can see how it was in the video below at 53:21. I have it cued to where he isn't able to throw it. After he fights using other weapons for a while, at 55:40 he attempts to throw them again, and this time he has no problems throwing them. Does anyone know what might have happened? If not, I'll report it in the bug thread later.

Thank you.

Careful what you talk about them. They can find you and send you to Siberia, make/force you to show your geological skills and knowledge, with a pickaxe in you hands. For life !

For real; the company I'm working for has a massive site of operations in Novy Urengoy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novy_Urengoy), and they're looking for geologists.. :)

Currently -28 degrees

For real; the company I'm working for has a massive site of operations in Novy Urengoy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novy_Urengoy), and they're looking for geologists.. :)

Currently -28 degrees

Lol, I think what I got out of that was "Subarctic Russia" and "Death Road". Made me want to look up this so called "Death Road" and was no surprised as to why it got it's nickname.

not to add to yer bad day, but. Since it's a 'workstation' the whole land claim block bit is likely to come into play too.

I'm certainly not detailing out the major core of a new base enough to leave the concrete mixer a klick away. It needs to be on the job site. And it'll need to be moved at least once; likely more than once. And as soon as you need to use a LCB at the site, well, I hope you didn't build your 1st base in a POI. If so you may want to move your stuff out before placing that new LCB down and deactivating your current one.

Well, from the concrete mixer... the most you use it for is... well... concrete... so u turn it on... do other stuff and when you come back, it has made a bunch of concrete mix...

With the tablesaw it's very different... maybe u need 1 piece of a shape... and 5 of another... and 10.... and etc... so to run each time to the tablesaw for each shape, because u didn't know u needed a certain one... is annoying at best...

But as I can't see many (if any) persons agreeing with me... I guess I'm one of few that see this as a problem.

Well, from the concrete mixer... the most you use it for is... well... concrete... so u turn it on... do other stuff and when you come back, it has made a bunch of concrete mix...

With the tablesaw it's very different... maybe u need 1 piece of a shape... and 5 of another... and 10.... and etc... so to run each time to the tablesaw for each shape, because u didn't know u needed a certain one... is annoying at best...

But as I can't see many (if any) persons agreeing with me... I guess I'm one of few that see this as a problem.

I kinda really like that logic and it’s realism. To match my real life experience I’d however love if whatever shape I want produced only fits on the 5th try 😂

I kinda really like that logic and it’s realism. To match my real life experience I’d however love if whatever shape I want produced only fits on the 5th try

That's why it costs multiple resources. You failed the first few, it's on the last you succeeded.

Archived