Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Many of the AI exploits could be alleviated by assigning different AI scripts to different zombie types. The businessman zombie for example, could have a more complex AI pathing while the fat zombie could have a simple b-line path towards target. Mixing it up could be key.

id love behavior based on the type of zombie, though personally wouldn't like it if it was fully random behaviors

Question: day 39 and no screamers so far, bug? Console always shows "scout spawning failed".

No idea about the console msg. To see if you 'should' be getting a screamer you can look at the heat for the chunk you're in by enabling debug mode (console enter " dm ") and hitting F8 twice. Once the heat gets to 100 it will trigger a scout (visible in log/console) and then roll back to 5 or 10.

I thought NVDs, whether scope, goggles like in this game, or a monocular only amplify the light in an environment. So, if you're indoors in a completely blacked out room.. you shouldn't be able to see much, if at all. I understand A16's bluish-grey tint ones were useful and all, and am not sure if TFP wanted something more realistic.

Yea or nay?

Yes, but even back when I used them a couple decades ago, they would typically have a very small near infrared light that could illuminate otherwise dark interiors. And the technology has improved considerably since. Sony has had a commercial camera that can film in color by starlight for a couple years, so it doesn't take much.

Passive or Active. Milspec usually being pure passive since the light used by active devices looks like a strong flashlight through a passive set. Pure 'Active' sets are also much less expensive.

Then there's thermal imaging. Can easily see an animal/person behind a leafy bush that you'd never see using 'night vision'.

Didn't know about that Sony cam JamsCB, I'll have to check it out, thanks for mentioning it :)

Just want to give a heads up that A17.1 is close to being released to experimental. This will replace the b240 version currently residing in latest_experimental. Restart shouldn’t be necessary but just wanted those to know that their version will update automatically if they are still opted into that version.

I call it first....one of the new POIs is part of the storyline on how the zombies came to be....Underground lab with the new zombie scientist roaming around....and a huge underground complex....Hmmmmm[ATTACH=CONFIG]26869[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26870[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26871[/ATTACH]

I loved this POI, had a great time exploring it and it just kept going on and on. Was Awesome!!!!!

Why is Steel ammo slower and degrades the weapon? in real life we buy steel ammo and polymer ammo and its fine. I believe I can also get a higher power load in a Steel casing vs. brass. my rifles do not seem affected in any way.

at the very least it should have greater muzzle velocity/energy then the brass.

(yes I live in Texas and yes I shoot a lot every week)

Why is Steel ammo slower and degrades the weapon? in real life we buy steel ammo and polymer ammo and its fine. I believe I can also get a higher power load in a Steel casing vs. brass. my rifles do not seem affected in any way.

at the very least it should have greater muzzle velocity/energy then the brass.

(yes I live in Texas and yes I shoot a lot every week)

I hope they are not shooting back! =)

No idea about the console msg. To see if you 'should' be getting a screamer you can look at the heat for the chunk you're in by enabling debug mode (console enter " dm ") and hitting F8 twice. Once the heat gets to 100 it will trigger a scout (visible in log/console) and then roll back to 5 or 10.

maybe you have no area arround the Engine can find a spawnpoint.

Had such Base locations too i had nearly never wandering hordes or screamer

Wandering hordes are not common close to my base and I know it is less frequently than early iterations. What really intrigue me is no screamers. My workshop is underground, but even working on my horde defense a few hours, nothing. Horde defense isn't too big to block spawn point: double floor cage (5 x 5) with 12 rows of spikes. There are some pillars for pathing, but overall, is way smaller than my old bases in A16 (usually 8 ~ 10 screamers/day). It's so quiet around my base that I didn't even bother to build auto turrets tower for "screamer defense".

Just want to give a heads up that A17.1 is close to being released to experimental. This will replace the b240 version currently residing in latest_experimental. Restart shouldn’t be necessary but just wanted those to know that their version will update automatically if they are still opted into that version.

Excellent news. I was lvl 100, had a motorbike : it was time to start again. Just hope it has not turn in Care Bears land ^^.

To my thinking bgriffin1217, that's part of the problem their a bit too smart by continuing to go back round and up the ramp, IMO they should do the ramp, fall then instead of re pathing round should be pounding on the spikes and wall below trying to smash up to the player, slowly piling up towards the player, rather than running round in an eternal death loop.

Based on previous comments from Fataal and players I wonder what he thought of how easy the AI is now fooled and what if anything was the next step.

Alright good sir, you make a valid point

Ahh, my thirst for patch notes will be quenched soon!

Wait, so we should opt into latest_experimental again? I opted out specifically so that I could get the 17.1 update ASAP.

Not a big deal to switch of course, just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

Archived