Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Been there and done that with forge and minibike books. There are still parts you need, but it shouldn't be nigh impossible to find.

I can agree with this to a point, but you gave us all these awesome POIs and dungeons to search. Now you have to fill them with exclusive stuff we can ONLY find there. Otherwise there's no reward for the risk it takes going through the whole thing in the first place if I can loot a gun or some mods that I can find in safer places elsewhere.

Lets get those survivors out there and searching :)

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Quotes-1.jpg.5b7b8680eeff46266bb8cb9105c2463d.jpg

Its still way too easy, I am not buying any archery or stealth perks and cleanging out POIS silently. Very few detect me, but I don't wear armor and I sneak slow. The ones that do eat my sledge hammer which is OP too, 2 shots to murder everything I don't even have to power attack. time to nerf nerf nerf and nerf. Just kidding, I need to see how late game is before we nerf anything. And play with armor and see if they hear me. Its pretty easy though on default settings for me right now though.

Yeah, imo I still think it's pretty easy. I walk/ run outside at night and chop trees and hit boulders and some nights no zombies at all...

Anyway to add the autumn forest in? For the editor down the line at least. I thought it looked awesome. The orange and yellow leaves set an atmosphere for sure.

I'm missing this as well. I used to make it a priority to find those trees just so I could start planting them around home.

These trees would make a nice way to transition from a snow biome to a forest biome.

I believe TFP are now working really hard on a stable release!!!!! The past updates have shown that their asses are not planted in a chair drinking beer and watching CNN. I have loaded evey release and played it as a player (fresh start every time). I am glad they reduced the "Gated" upgrades to a point - they can do more to let the player pick their options or preferences. Now, the dying part? They got rid of the reaper thing, but when you respawn you only have like 15-25% stamina, not enough to get you backpack back nor get supplies because you are dying... That has to be fixed IN MY OPINION....:) Since the game is almost completed, when are TFP going to incorporate awesome graphics into the game? Like the bushes that have "1980's graphics" the grass, sticks and so on... :) Just asking... Don't hate me and take away my green..

P.S. Is anyone good at Graphic Art? I need a really nice picture made for me with "Brain Worms". That is what my avatar is, but it is generic. I need a picture of "Brain Worms" eating my brain with "7DaysToDie" in it somehome..

Paul

Yeah I really like that. You can smelt forged iron for repairs before you can craft iron tools, and you can buy steel from the traders if you find steel tools. I like where that's going. Agreed on stealth being too easy, no stealth perks and you could sneak up and almost kiss a zombie on their necks before they noticed. I bought 1 rank in shadows once, literally sat crouched a few feet away from 2 zombies walking around at night (I was beaten/bleeding/scared on survivalist on day 12 after a feral wight +feral zombies fight hiding in some rubble heh).

Never did notice me. I even ate next to em lol

Kind of reminds me of WarZ law where you could luturally be yards away from them yet if silent they didn't attack.

I can agree with this to a point, but you gave us all these awesome POIs and dungeons to search. Now you have to fill them with exclusive stuff we can ONLY find there. Otherwise there's no reward for the risk it takes going through the whole thing in the first place if I can loot a gun or some mods that I can find in safer places elsewhere.

Lets get those survivors out there and searching :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26523[/ATTACH]

Defiantly this. We need specific loot for the end rewards. I did mention it moons ago that its needs to be unique to warrant us to go there in the first place.

Only so many POI we will do "just because" ..... when we got nothing better to do.

They got rid of the reaper thingl

Did they? I haven't noticed that, but I only played a couple hours with this build (so I was not yet at a level where the Reaper would kick in when I last died).

If so... well, I wasn't opposed to the idea, but I agree with those who said the times were too long. Time will tell to see if I miss that or not.

Anyone else notice an incredible slow-down in the generation of a random gen in the last two builds? I'm waiting now 10-15 mins easily for the smallest map-size.. Earlier builds this was maximum 3 minutes.

I have always gone off to make a coffee haha not noticed. Does the seeds govern the time it can take to build you think ?

Will wandering hordes eventually return to the size they were before?

For what reason?

If a wandering horde of 10 spawns then that can really toss a wrench in the works if they surprise you.

If you do go after them for the XP... well, you would also have attacked a group of 20 or 30 so that does not make them any scarier.

For what reason?

If a wandering horde of 10 spawns then that can really toss a wrench in the works if they surprise you.

If you do go after them for the XP... well, you would also have attacked a group of 20 or 30 so that does not make them any scarier.

What *would* make them scarier is to set them to always run on Nightmare speed. Come on, you know you want to.

*mutters something about the game being too easy again*

The wandering horde zombies could be a different strain or something and yeahhh they could be traveling at a much greater speed. That be something to fear and avoid at all cost unless your packing heat.

They could even be added in later to make the later game stages more challenging, specially outside or at night.

For what reason?

More like a chillaxing horde now a days. I'm not sure Ive seen anyone complain that a group of 10 straggling zombies is an issue outside of day 1 except builder types who run in circles when they see a zombie in the first place :D

Actually been seeing a lot more talk about how FEW zombies there are in the recent updates. If XP is the issue with having more, then a further nerf to the XP would do the trick, rather than reducing the population to 5 or so. Remember we are focusing on fun this Alpha, and what's more fun than cracking a few dead skulls.

For what reason?

Well, if we can't have larger spawns can we at least have them more often? Then each spawn would at least be updated by gamestage. So that way (at least early on) each would be more challenging.

I would like to have Alternate Ammo for the Blunderbuss like we have for the Bow. Since it is a Muzzle loading Weapon it should be able to use a variety of projectiles to Maim or Kill a Zombie or Player & I suggest something like this.

1. Stone Ammo = Knockdown + Dam.

2. Glass Ammo = Bleeding + Dam.

3. Ore Ammo = Decapitation/Limbs + Dam.

Iron, Brass & Lead could all have the same effect or different Perks.

You should also be able to Upgrade the Blunderbuss to a Mortar.

Gunpowder + Paper + Candle Stick

Add Nitrate & maybe Oil for a Napalm Load...

Oh, oh, oh We got Acid now don't we...

1 more thing, The Vultures should drop Poop...

I would like to have Alternate Ammo for the Blunderbuss like we have for the Bow. Since it is a Muzzle loading Weapon it should be able to use a variety of projectiles to Maim or Kill a Zombie or Player & I suggest something like this.

1. Stone Ammo = Knockdown + Dam.

2. Glass Ammo = Bleeding + Dam.

3. Ore Ammo = Decapitation/Limbs + Dam.

4. Iron, Brass & Lead could all have the same effect or different Perks.

Add Nitrate & maybe Oil for a Napalm Load...

Oh, oh, oh We got Acid now don't we...

Nice idea, painful colour scheme. :-)

Are there plans to credit players with XP for kills they get with traps?

I love watching the dart trap in action, but when I don't get XP for the zombies that died I might as well not use it and just grind out killing with a weapon. Working with traps is such a time suck and to not get rewarded for trap kills keeps you stuck in the Stone age sort of speak (can't ever level into anything useful beyond bow and arrow).

Did they? I haven't noticed that, but I only played a couple hours with this build (so I was not yet at a level where the Reaper would kick in when I last died).

If so... well, I wasn't opposed to the idea, but I agree with those who said the times were too long. Time will tell to see if I miss that or not.

Well, they certainly did not get rid of the Reaper. Found that out the hard way.

Archived