Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The only other option was to make rare ingredients in the crafts

I want it to go there. :) I like being forced to explore and explore and explore until I find that item I need. :)

Ditto. I ain't mad about the level gate, but prefer a rare ingredient. I may be the only person who didn't hate the old recipe system.

Why increase zombie senses by so much?

I was enjoying the game quite a bit prior to this build. B231 melee and clearing POI's was great, but now you may as well forget about entering any POI's or buildings in the first several days to loot without getting detected and immediately gang-raped. Waking up one zombie shouldn't alert the entire POI to your location, but routinely one zombie seems to be triggering every sleeper in the area to awake. I'm not sure i understand why you would want to punish players in the early game by making looting more dangerous than its worth. Is the plan to have stealth locked behind XP so you basically can't do anything but whack trees and rocks for the first 5 days?

I was enjoying the game quite a bit prior to this build. B231 melee and clearing POI's was great, but now you may as well forget about entering any POI's or buildings in the first several days to loot without getting detected and immediately gang-raped. Waking up one zombie shouldn't alert the entire POI to your location, but routinely one zombie seems to be triggering every sleeper in the area to awake.

You just have to learn to be more discreet. I have no problem attacking the sleepers one by one. Do not open a container, stay stealthy at all times, use the bow, move very slowly, favor the headshoot, do not use firearms - reload a weapon wakes a sleeper - do not sneeze and avoid fighting on the spot when the situation is degenerating.

for those who doubt it... there is ore down there, you just gotta dig around...

Was that random gen?

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

the video was of navezgane but i have a tunnel in rwg 8k map where i have iron, lead and potassium veins.

i dont mine much but when i do i make sure to pick up a few barrels of oil as i will dig a tunnel then place barrels in it to open it up larger so i can see the veins if they are in there. the rwg mine was in snow biome.

(edit added comment by some average, everyday player -AtomicUs5000)

OK thanks! Just wanted to be sure. It seems to be that most people having a hard time finding some are expecting it to be right at bedrock... but trying to find it there is not very fruitful.

Ditto. I ain't mad about the level gate, but prefer a rare ingredient. I may be the only person who didn't hate the old recipe system.

Problem is for people with bad RNG like me. With all the time I've played the game, I've only seen an auger or chainsaw less than... 10 times? AKs forget aboutit, that's something I got after day 60 or so. Low quality trash gun parts everywhere, all pistol/smg. Minibike books... pfffft forgetabout it. Normally I found nailguns after I built my final horde base for the playthrough lol.

I was enjoying the game quite a bit prior to this build. B231 melee and clearing POI's was great, but now you may as well forget about entering any POI's or buildings in the first several days to loot without getting detected and immediately gang-raped. Waking up one zombie shouldn't alert the entire POI to your location, but routinely one zombie seems to be triggering every sleeper in the area to awake. I'm not sure i understand why you would want to punish players in the early game by making looting more dangerous than its worth. Is the plan to have stealth locked behind XP so you basically can't do anything but whack trees and rocks for the first 5 days?

Stealth was too easy from day 1. We noticed that there was no reason to buy From The Shadows perk, since you were already great at doing it in the beginning. Now the perk actually matters.

Stealth was too easy from day 1. We noticed that there was no reason to buy From The Shadows perk, since you were already great at doing it in the beginning. Now the perk actually matters.

Making the mistake of creating a problem to make a perk viable. Maybe change the perk to make it desirable, add another ability to it?

Ok, gonna say it.

Replacing the old 'Forge house' on the eastern shore of the western lake in Nav with a dungeon POI was just mean :(

and it's like it was intentional, premeditated even! i mean, they swapped it out _&_ put a -workbench-, --outside-- so as you're scouting it out, hoping you're in the wrong location, you -see- the broken workbench... :( :( :( :(

Who let Gazz near the POIs?!?!

<kidding? i guess (yes, heh), but i need a donut & a nap to feel better 0_o >

:D

Making the mistake of creating a problem to make a perk viable. Maybe change the perk to make it desirable, add another ability to it?

Not really a mistake, but balancing. The mechanic itself was a bit OP so you tone down the mechanic but maintain its OP-ness via the Perk.

Adding another ability to it would make it OVER OP and what ability would you even add to it? No mechanic that has a supporting perk should ever be 100 percent foolproof at level 1, otherwise it negates the desire to purchase said perk at later levels.

I didn’t know horde mode was a thing. Why remove it?

- - - Updated - - -

I’d rather pull aggro on an entire POI than get hit from behind.

Welcome change.

Awesome.. I was thinking that specific button would work well for the ps4 controller. (For us I think thats the O button.)

As far as wandering horde size, I'd like to eventually see it randomly generated. Sometimes you just see a few, and sometimes you just quietly go elsewhere. The screamers sort of do that now later game, dragging all hell in on top of you, but a value maybe gotten from a random generator or maybe a calculation based on the actual clock time divided by date might work.

We just generated a really crap world, mostly wasteland and desert with a smattering of snow and forest. After a few hours I spawned in a gyro to scope out the map, and we are generating a new one.

Don't bother with the seed "xmasweekend".

Well devs in my opinion (for what it is worth) this build is much better balance wise on the perks and leveling.

People can still unlock the forge fairly soon anvils are east to find which gives access to iron arrow heads and forged iron to repair whatever tools you may find. Upping the level for crafting iron tools is a benefit in that you will be crafting pretty good tools buy the time you unlock the perk.

Nice job everyone!

Well devs in my opinion (for what it is worth) this build is much better balance wise on the perks and leveling.

People can still unlock the forge fairly soon anvils are east to find which gives access to iron arrow heads and forged iron to repair whatever tools you may find. Upping the level for crafting iron tools is a benefit in that you will be crafting pretty good tools buy the time you unlock the perk.

Nice job everyone!

I have a full suite of iron tools I found on day 1 and needed ingots to repair them and just got my forge up on day 4. I still can't craft iron tools but I can maintain what I have so I'm happy about that.

Its still way too easy, I am not buying any archery or stealth perks and cleanging out POIS silently. Very few detect me, but I don't wear armor and I sneak slow. The ones that do eat my sledge hammer which is OP too, 2 shots to murder everything I don't even have to power attack. time to nerf nerf nerf and nerf. Just kidding, I need to see how late game is before we nerf anything. And play with armor and see if they hear me. Its pretty easy though on default settings for me right now though.

I have a full suite of iron tools I found on day 1 and needed ingots to repair them and just got my forge up on day 4. I still can't craft iron tools but I can maintain what I have so I'm happy about that.

Yeah I really like that. You can smelt forged iron for repairs before you can craft iron tools, and you can buy steel from the traders if you find steel tools. I like where that's going. Agreed on stealth being too easy, no stealth perks and you could sneak up and almost kiss a zombie on their necks before they noticed. I bought 1 rank in shadows once, literally sat crouched a few feet away from 2 zombies walking around at night (I was beaten/bleeding/scared on survivalist on day 12 after a feral wight +feral zombies fight hiding in some rubble heh).

Never did notice me. I even ate next to em lol

Its still way too easy, I am not buying any archery or stealth perks and cleanging out POIS silently. Very few detect me, but I don't wear armor and I sneak slow. The ones that do eat my sledge hammer which is OP too, 2 shots to murder everything I don't even have to power attack. time to nerf nerf nerf and nerf. Just kidding, I need to see how late game is before we nerf anything. And play with armor and see if they hear me. Its pretty easy though on default settings for me right now though.

I am playing on low setting.. and nothing is 2 shot to murder even if I get head shot... It take 3 melee attack on simple z like nurse...

Not saying it is difficult, but it is not 2 attack kill..

Archived