version w:

- Trader Jen has a deep voice

version x:

- Trader Jen has a deep voice

version y:

- Trader Jen still has a deep voice

Fixed:

version z:

- Trader Jen has a deep voice (she is just a cross-dresser so we left the voice as is and call it fixed!)

Lol, The changes can be dramatic, I remember one year when the in-laws dropped down from NQ for Christmas, it was 17 degrees Christmas eve, and boy did they bitch about the cold... then the desert came to visit and it was 43 plus for the next three days... they were stunned.

lol, 17 is about normal summer temperature here. can not call it cold. my coldest day was -42C. that was really FREEZING. only 1 day tho, it was all time subzero record.

Anyone else having NRE-errors popping up after finished the tutorial quests? I've had this happen now 3 times in a row in 3 new maps. It's literally game-breaking.

i had that. not tried other seed yet. i guess, on that seed has no trader on map. that's why NRE error occures. but it is only my wild quess.

Had some fun since a17 came out with the game, despite some hit-and-misses here and there.

I do have a few things i'd like to ask.

1st off - is 12 bears + boar boss + some zombies a normal mob spawn at day 38 in one house? Actually bears were present in all the houses (the location East from forest biome trader, NVE SP) just max 3 of them. Pawn shop was the bear den :]. Or is it simply something that came about cause the save I'm playing at originates from A16?

It would be strange tho if that was the case, since before 221/223 PoI spawns were not this crazy.

You're playing an older save with the newest patch. That happens. Used to be glowing radiated pigs would show up.

Hi! Dont mean to be that guy, but i was wondering if anyone has info on whether the stable version is likely to come out before the 26th? Im going away to see family and i must know if i have to take my laptop with me or not :p.

No, no one can answer this. I imagine that was already obvious. Just take your laptop and hope for the best. Just don't hold your breathe.

Hi! Dont mean to be that guy, but i was wondering if anyone has info on whether the stable version is likely to come out before the 26th? Im going away to see family and i must know if i have to take my laptop with me or not :p.

Short answer? No, very unlikely.

Long answer? There'll likely be a stable-ish version of experimental available over Christmas, I think the devs have said that is the plan (he says, risking correction from Roland).

Why did they disappear?

If I remember correctly there was a technical reason, i.e. they cost more CPU/GPU-cycles than the other spikes.

More (not mentioned but likely) reasons they also were thinking about:

1) zombies often had their heads vanish in upright placed log spikes

2) it made no sense that upside down log spikes also damage

3) they brought no new functionality, they were just copies of the other spikes with different health and damage

Sure, there are other ways to fix some of the problems. But removing them fixes all of above. And you can always add more varietes of the normal wood spikes in later alphas if there is a need for variety,

Auger still doesn’t one shot stone. Is this a bug?

Judging by other tools and weapons, basic Auger will need mods to be really "super-special". The game will have a lot more mods in the future.

no on log file and yes it is 16K..but does that mean it take even more time to load large maps?

I didn't test 16k yet, but I would expect the new system to only make generation take long and the first time you log into a server (because the map has to be downloaded to your client). A local game and further logins to a server should be as fast as navezgane (as far as I understand the changes to RWG).

But Kinjakuu isn't finished with RWG yet, this might not work yet or not be optimised to only load what is really necessary.

Do you have 16G RAM? If not, check your RAM usage, maybe you are already swapping to disk.

And really check the log whether you get errors in there. Compare to a log you generated by playing Navezgane. You don't need to really understand everything in a log, you just need to be able to recognize unusual lines. So read logs from time to time, you automatically will get the wisdom to see the unexpected.

I only play SP. Pretty sure Joel and some of the testers play SP. We are not trying to make MP easier or harder than SP, but it will take time get both balanced, since changes for one usually effect the other play style and sometimes not equally.

I know you guys are working hard, faatal. It was just my opinion and I'm pretty conscious that the new system will take some time to be better implemented.

Since every SP game can instantly become a MP game, making such a distinction would be difficult...

That's why I think the new system could have lvl gate, but one that only decreases skill points cost if a player is on specific lvl. So if such perk is original from INT 8 (lvl 60 as B221) it would cost a lot to get it if the player is lvl 20, but let's say I'm playing like B221 and such lvling up all perks slowly when I reach lvl 60 that INT 8 would only cost 1 skill point. It could make possible a sp to specialize, but also playing slowly through all the perks and being able to be at least relatively good in all 5 big perks. I think it's a possible solution because like you said sp game could turn into a mp game. I'll admit, I don't like lvl gates, but I'd rather play this way than spending a truck load of skill points in order to be "God" on something.

Someone said cities?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26457[/ATTACH]

So this is a map of the Moscow Metro !!!

Need to add "Ring Line" and it will be indistinguishable :D

-----------------------------------------------

I'm assuming they made the choice to allow all SP games to invite other people to join their game at a future time if they wish. They don't seem to want put SP and MP in separate boxes. Probably the right move overall as co-op games are very popular.

Thanks You! I'm not familiar with the MP, but You're the first person who's bothered to explain it to me :)

For the most part I'm liking the changes in this latest build. The only real issue I have (and it's not unique to B233) is the fact that I can't cook any food unless I buy a perk. I can somehow instinctively weave a set of clothing and a sleeping bag, boil up a pot of water and fill a bunch of jars with the clean water, but boiling a damn egg is somehow beyond me?

Can a Pimp please comment on this?

For the most part I'm liking the changes in this latest build. The only real issue I have (and it's not unique to B233) is the fact that I can't cook any food unless I buy a perk. I can somehow instinctively weave a set of clothing and a sleeping bag, boil up a pot of water and fill a bunch of jars with the clean water, but boiling a damn egg is somehow beyond me?

They have. It's intended.

Getting null reference when using sledge hammer on other players and houses full of bears and wolves instead of zombies. Anyone else getting this?

YES. My first "Tier 1 Clear" quest was a tiny garage with like 6 wolves (one of them seemed awfully large, but not black so not a dire wolf?), and 2 or 3 zombies in it. My level-4, stone-arrow-shooting self took down the first wolf with 14 HP to spare. I ran out into the street but didn't "leave the area" I guess so I snuck back onto the garage property and licked my wounds up to about 40HP. Used my one freebie med bandage and a bacon-n-eggs.

Then I nerd-poled to the roof, broke out a (lucky choice) roof block and found a searchable bag in the rafters. Got a shotgun and 10 shells. One-shotted (sneak shot) the big-ass wolf through the roof and then all hell broke loose down there. Wolves fighting zombies, zombies fighting wolves, cars exploding, it was a mess.

The 3 surviving wolves must've been injured because I was able to take them down with 1 or 2 stone arrows.

The whole thing was a blast, but still I'm not sure having 5 wolves in a Tier 1 quest is very balanced. They'll fix it.

You're playing an older save with the newest patch. That happens. Used to be glowing radiated pigs would show up.

Ooooh. The ONE TIME I left my old world in place (between 231 and 233) and it bites me. Literally. I figured hey it's just a hotfix for some thing, surely I can keep the world I created 4 hours ago. >sigh< Alright I'll start again.

I'm not a pimp, I'm a square, but my guess is that this falls under gameplay > realism. Food is an absolutely critical resource in this game so they need a way to require some level progression for all but the most meager food items (charred meat and boiled water). So it's not so much trying to simulate "derp you can't even boil an egg" it's more "you can't get guaranteed-salmonella-free, healthful, and filling food until you've EARNED IT N00B!"

An alternative which would accomplish the same thing is to reduce the food value of boiled eggs and then remove them from the perk-only list. Make 'em 10% food poisoning chance (how long was that egg sitting in that nest before you found it anyway?) and only restore 3 or 5 health.

And for the record, I attended the Culinary Institute of America for two years before they would let me even see the refrigerator where they kept the bacon. Bacon and eggs!?! Grad students only...

(The previous anecdote was completely fabricated from 10 paper, 5 plant fiber, and a human turd.)

Can't believe I'm going to agree with Snowdog here lol as my opinion generally differs but a more varied mix of POI styles would be good IMO.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the new dungeons, but I'm finding that everywhere I look is ALL dungeons (house and cabin wise), very rarely a normal house and what not. Having some variety would be nice, especially day 1 when you're trying to find a place to stay.

Idk, I find the variety of dungeons to be pleasing. There are also some of these new dungeon POIs that basically is start in a basement, go up into a room, go to next room, go to attic. And it's pretty open spaced, good starting place if you don't want to build your own. Yes, little more linear and not so open to go where you want, but not bad. Just got to find the right ones it seems. Even with all the restarts, it seems like even going through the same POI isn't ever the same experience.

Now adding some of the old POIs back in, sure, it'd be nice, maybe, but a very small amount, like maybe, maybe 5% for me, if that. I just didn't like being able to stand at a door, see all the zombies, 1 shot them all, repeat next room, do that till all cleared. The dungeon style makes me have to stop and think more how I'd want to proceed. Then if a wandering horde pops up, it becomes even more intense than before. Or when trying to run away, make a wrong turn, now you're in a bathroom or a dead end room. Now it's, crap, I NEED OUT, and now scrambling to rectify that wrong turn.

I'm not sure what your complaint is exactly. Do you not like the idea of having tiers of food behind perks at all or is it you just object to them calling it a boiled egg? Would changing the name something else make it feel better to you like eggs Benedict or something that seems like it's harder to make?

I'm not sure what your complaint is exactly. Do you not like the idea of having tiers of food behind perks at all or is it you just object to them calling it a boiled egg? Would changing the name something else make it feel better to you like eggs Benedict or something that seems like it's harder to make?

I can see Rico's concern in the realistic sense, but game play sense I see TFP's point, too. Especially since you can find things to eat as is. Anyways, I find Bacon and Eggs at Chef 1 to be a bit early for the fact of it arguably being one of the best foods you can make, and being able to get it instantly is crazy. 5 meat, 2 eggs, no time at all to make and gives 36 max stamina, it's crazy.

Archived