Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Thanks, @wolffblood. As I said before, 7th day horde was pathetic watching zombies almost walking...

A noticeable stuff: no cops or radiated spiders. Previous save my gamestage was 37 (yesterday 31) and I saw few cops and 2 radiated spiders. I was expecting at least 1 ~ 2 cops, but nothing. Not sure "six gamestage lvls" would make a big difference.

Game feels a little bit easier, except grinding for materials which still a pain in the a**. Does anyone think there should be a "stamina regen perk"? I'm not saying something absurd, but 5 lvls, 5% per rank would be nice and I think it would make grinding better. Btw, merging slow metabolism (food and drink) is weird, because "drink" goes down faster. Is this intentional?

1050Ti has a 192bit bus and can move 112GB/sec

1070 has a 256bit bus, 256GB/sec

1080 has a 256bit bus but is using GDDR5X, 320GB/sec

So its where it should be in terms of performance.

I use 1050ti with fx6350 16 gig ram everything maxed out I get 18 to 26 fps everything turned down apart from full textures I get 50 to 60 fps resolution 1920x1080 surely my setup should run this game at maximum settings n get more than 18fps what's it take to run this game maxed out

I love the new AI, love the new vehicles.

Hated the unecessary graphics improvements, cant play with some friends cause the game just dont run on their computers..

By what i know about TFP, they will never fix it.

from A16 30-40 fps to 10 fps on A17.

Does the spawnrate of Zombies has been decreased?

Me and a friend played 38 Days (90 min.) reached level 105+ and we are at Gamestage 220+.

There are pretty less zombies than before in any kind of buildings...

It seems to happen quite often with b221 if playing a save from a previous release

so, archery ninja is insane... easily can go through a house 1 shotting everything in the head and nothing wakes up, lol.

I haven't tried it but I like that. That's how it should be. You have the mechanic <stealth>, the reward <ease>, and the risk <noise>.

Do they wake up if you stand on rubble? How about if you try and clear that rubble first?

Can we have an oficial answer: is the random slot number for crafted/bought items a bug or a feature?

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

when in doubt make a bug report (in the bug report thread) and if its is a bug or not, we will let you know....

but to answer your question (some what) it was already reported and devs are looking into it.

btw, lonestarcanuck has a temp way to fix the crafted items.

I haven't tried it but I like that. That's how it should be. You have the mechanic <stealth>, the reward <ease>, and the risk <noise>.

Do they wake up if you stand on rubble? How about if you try and clear that rubble first?

As long as I stay crouched, I've yet to wake a zombie up even walking over rubble. Not sure if that's intentional though, and that's without much sneak noise reduction.

I know its an annoying bug but how is it even close to being "game breaking"? There are trees you cut down that still show up. Pain in the ass? Yes. Game breaking? Hardly, you just find a tree that is still actually there and go about your day. At least on all my games, it's only trees you have already cut down.

I have to agree with Man Thong. I run into invisible or ghost trees all the time, cut 25+ trees and you will probably find one.

Ignore it, move on.

Now the Glitchy tree that gives endless wood is another issue and I bet TFP is working to fix that one. in the interim get your server owner to load djkrose's scripting mod. it has a feature to deal with these trees and will remove them before players can abuse them.

1. Load Alloc Mod

2. Load https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69772-djkrose-s-Scripting-Mod

3. As with all repair modes, it can be executed one-time or run repeatedly in the background.

One-time repair:

dj-repair t

Activate/deactivate auto-repair mode every 10 minutes:

dj-repair t /auto

Just check without repairing anything:

dj-repair t /sim

It will let you know in the server log if and how many bugged trees were found and repaired.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we have an oficial answer: is the random slot number for crafted/bought items a bug or a feature?

I think it s a bug, BUT you can resolve this. craft in the workbench and do not close the workbench. if you stay in the WB for the full craft time you get the correct number of mod slots.

The whole digging thing is a bit weird to me, as it is atm. I can see maybe a dozen block downward sense range, the 40 or so of normal zeds is pretty extreme? Now TFPs might be sneakier than we give them credit for. Other than BM, and apparently screamers, 40+ down and you're 'safe'. The maybe sneaky part is the new 'ladder climb speed nerf'. Climbing up a 40 block tall ladder is just slow enough that I imagine most folks don't want to do it multiple times a day; I know I don't.

I assume the digging thing came from the, quite rational, 'issue' of zeds just milling above you, when there was just a wood floor or hatch in the way. Then escalated from there, heh :)

Caveat: following paragraph is how I envision an ideal sequence. I haven't gotten far enough into any A17 game to have built anything like a 'real' base w basement bunker, escape tunnels, etc.

Say zeds brake through your defenses and make it into your base, and you drop down into your basement bunker. I totally agree they should be able to continue coming after you. If they basically followed your path, then building choke points & kill zones along the way would be a thing. And likely quite fun. If this was a thing then I would think you could build a 'side room', off the main escape route, where you could put all the forges & stations. The zeds wouldn't side track just to destroy them; assuming forges/stations weren't 'running'. If they were then have some path to, and destroy, heh.

No idea if things already work like this, or if it's even close to TFPs vision. Just been thinking about base builds and trying to guess how new pathing will respond. Plus I like to keep things realistic. <--- ha! bring it! :D

RESOLUTION RESETTING TO NATIVE

For everyone with the issue of having to change your resolution to a lower setting again every time you go into the game for playable framerates, I believe I have found the reason and fix for that on windows. If you are willing to edit your registry, this is where you can change that.

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

the key is: Screenmanager Resolution Use Native_h1405027254

change to 0

After adjusting that, its staying at the changed resolution for my wife. Just remember where that is if you want it change it back in the future.

I'm not sure if this will be received, but I hope so. The new leveling and encumbered system is not that fun to deal with.

I'll talk about leveling first. I like how much simpler it became, but I really don't like how limited you are. And if it could be considered to change/fix leveling, then it would fix my backpack issue too. I would like if the perks were not limited by your level. It would be nice to bum rush the strength/ pack mule if that's something I decided to do. Level 100 is a bit crazy for just having my entire backpack available. I also was wanting to rush into intellect by 4 or 5 so that I can go ahead and get the workbench and forge... but again I'm limited by my level. If I want to sacrefice being weaker in other aspects so I can get something else, that would be really nice!

A bit more on the encumbered system. I know its a personal hang up I have, but I really don't like being slower than I already am. The armor weighing down is so frusterating, I dont wear it at all.

Its not even much, but honestly, these problems are just a huge pet peeve for me. So much so I'm going to have to continue to play in 16. I'm really just not having fun constatntly being reminded im over encombered or that I cant get perks the way I would like. I was obsessed with this game, but now I find it hard to even play. I really hope this is considered. I understand if not. I'll keep playing 16 if it comes down to it.

Thank you for all the work thus far!

Currently playing with all the different settings. I've always wanted a way to tweak walk/run for day/night. We've been playing stock for so long, changing any of this would change the entire mood of the game.

Our current settings:

- Walk at night

- Sprint during day (run/jog seems to make very little difference to walk.)

- Nightmare for blood moon (cant comment on this feature, we haven't had our first blood moon yet.)

- 200% loot

Before you burn it to the ground, try it out first. Zombie sprint during the day is insane fun. I've had more oh $hit moments in the first 10 minutes of play than with the previous build blood moon on stock settings.

I've already died many times. But if you're smart about what you do, its possible to stay alive for awhile. Its alot of barbed wire on your tool belt and stealth kills in tall grass like ninja. You can't really fight more than 1 effectively without a gun. You can see them all coming, which helps a lot. You start picking your fights more carefully. It isn't realistic to do missions or loot houses during the day. You get murdered outright. Daytime has turned into basebuilding for us.

200% loot helps with finding bullets. The boost in loot helps with day runners, but it barely helps, so not too overpowered.

Night has turned into missions/house looting. We use torches and go room to room. Its scary fun, even with just the regular zombie strut. You could probably bumb up night from zed walk to jog for extra scare.

If I had my own server, I would implement these settings and get rid of flashlights/mining helmet entirely from the game, or make them extremely rare. Maybe even put some kind of timer on torches so they burn out. You'll have to clear a house quick before your escape route goes dark.

A bit more on the encumbered system. I know its a personal hang up I have, but I really don't like being slower than I already am. The armor weighing down is so frusterating, I dont wear it at all.

I don't like being slowed either, though the storage pocket mods help reduce that, but I wish there were some feature that also would give you more speed. There is sneek speed boost, I think an agility perk should be increased walk or run speed. That would make for some cool builds.

I'm not sure if this will be received, but I hope so. The new leveling and encumbered system is not that fun to deal with.

I'll talk about leveling first. I like how much simpler it became, but I really don't like how limited you are. And if it could be considered to change/fix leveling, then it would fix my backpack issue too. I would like if the perks were not limited by your level. It would be nice to bum rush the strength/ pack mule if that's something I decided to do. Level 100 is a bit crazy for just having my entire backpack available. I also was wanting to rush into intellect by 4 or 5 so that I can go ahead and get the workbench and forge... but again I'm limited by my level. If I want to sacrefice being weaker in other aspects so I can get something else, that would be really nice!

Its not even much, but honestly, these problems are just a huge pet peeve for me. So much so I'm going to have to continue to play in 16. I'm really just not having fun constatntly being reminded im over encombered or that I cant get perks the way I would like. I was obsessed with this game, but now I find it hard to even play. I really hope this is considered. I understand if not. I'll keep playing 16 if it comes down to it.

Thank you for all the work thus far!

I agree, the system did not reflect the freedom to create your favorite character class very well and I didn't like the lack of early game specialization. That said we've already changed it and are testing it for a release. Now to balance this attribute points scale in cost, something like 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,5,6. Don't quote me there, but you can max out one attribute roughly in your mid 30's but at the expense of having zero perks.

Here are is my portion of the release notes on it:

Changed: Attributes are no longer gated by your level. You can specialize very early game now but attributes cost more for the higher ranks. The goal is to allow players to specialize into classes early game, and be awesome at a few things and ok or poor at other things. Or you can be a jack of all trades, the choice is yours. With the costs of the higher attributes being steeper, players will probably want to specialize in one or two attributes and get the best perks in those attributes and late game there will be less god tier characters who have every perk unlocked. We are looking for feedback such as are there any exploits or severe imbalances with this new system.

I agree, the system did not reflect the freedom to create your favorite character class very well and I didn't like the lack of early game specialization. That said we've already changed it and are testing it for a release. Now to balance this attribute points scale in cost, something like 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,5,6. Don't quote me there, but you can max out one attribute roughly in your mid 30's but at the expense of having zero perks.

Changed: Attributes are no longer gated by your level. You can specialize very early game now but attributes cost more for the higher ranks. The goal is to allow players to specialize into classes early game, and be awesome at a few things and ok or poor at other things. Or you can be a jack of all trades, the choice is yours. With the costs of the higher attributes being steeper, players will probably want to specialize in one or two attributes and get the best perks in those attributes and late game there will be less god tier characters who have every perk unlocked. We are looking for feedback such as are there any exploits or severe imbalances with this new system.

Great news on this update, I think a lot of people will be very happy with it.

Question -- will you ever be able to get enough points to max out (or nearly so) on everything? I believe that answer should be different for single player vs multi player. In single player it would be nice to get to a point where you are good at everything. Mutli player however, if you cannot max out your skills it would encourage group play with people on different specializations.

Awesome! Thank you for trying something like this out!!

Archived