1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

1050Ti has a 192bit bus and can move 112GB/sec

1070 has a 256bit bus, 256GB/sec

1080 has a 256bit bus but is using GDDR5X, 320GB/sec

So its where it should be in terms of performance.

If you mean "it" in terms of cards, then sure.

But I wasn't really replying due to the card specs. It was more the "what the hell are you guys using?" part of the post. As if most gamers have closets full of GTX 1070 cards that they can just pop in to whatever computer is handy. (Some might, most don't.)

It was also about performance in A16 vs. A17, and A17 vs. other games. A17 clearly loses in the performance department against both - I know this from experience.

...Still, I don't want this to sound like an attack on TFP. A17 is still experimental, and as I said, even at lower resolutions it looks way better than A16.

Stamina while mining w Iron Pickaxe, lvl 20. Feels much better to me now, thanks for the tweaks! :)

Also, either rn-jebus is being kind or Glue/Duct Tape is more plentiful? It's a good thing either way :encouragement:

Liking the ramp up on wandering horde size. Think I got about 9-10? day 12, with a low 40? GS.

Did two of the redone Dock POIs, at both I managed to sink the z's Battleship! :D On one just took the gas barrel, kablooy. At next, the Haulwell I wrenched the satillite dish and she sank. The boat with overhead crane survived having her gas removed.

In the Haulwell POI, at the end I couldn't get off the downward ladder to continue. But ladders have been a bit weird; don't think there's any issue with the poi.

So are there any plans to make gold, silver and diamonds useful other than to sell? Just curious because I have heard any talk about it. Even to make some bling to wear would be cool. or to gold plate weapons....or rims for the vehicles. Yeah I know it's the apocalypse, still would be neat.

I think, that many peoples who enjoy the game, are simply playing the game. Some of the community who is not happy with changes spend here on forum more time then in a game, and thats why, reading the forum, can give the impression, that the changes are all bad, and the game is worse. I am really enjoying A17e. I am playing since A3, and for me this is by far, best balanced alpha. Of course, there are still bugs, but hey ho, its a process. For example, yesterday I was fighting with wolf, and he should killed me, he was close enough for too long time, but he didnt, I have killed him with iron club. In A16 I would be dead already. I am sure it will be polished though. So far I am really happy with A17e, good job Fun Pimps!

So are there any plans to make gold, silver and diamonds useful other than to sell? Just curious because I have heard any talk about it. Even to make some bling to wear would be cool. or to gold plate weapons....or rims for the vehicles. Yeah I know it's the apocalypse, still would be neat.

Would like for gold/silver to be used in the electronic parts if not totally removed yet, diamonds just trader currency is fine or some kind of glass cutting table as we already have a tablesaw.

Would like for gold/silver to be used in the electronic parts if not totally removed yet, diamonds just trader currency is fine or some kind of glass cutting table as we already have a tablesaw.

Diamond tools or weapons should have way more durability, but I am sure mods will take care of that kind of content.

If you mean "it" in terms of cards, then sure.

But I wasn't really replying due to the card specs. It was more the "what the hell are you guys using?" part of the post. As if most gamers have closets full of GTX 1070 cards that they can just pop in to whatever computer is handy. (Some might, most don't.)

It was also about performance in A16 vs. A17, and A17 vs. other games. A17 clearly loses in the performance department against both - I know this from experience.

...Still, I don't want this to sound like an attack on TFP. A17 is still experimental, and as I said, even at lower resolutions it looks way better than A16.

Your concern is right to one point, but Been an experimental, we cannot really have a say on performance for two reason:

1. In Experimental build they may have more logs been generated that slows down overall computation.

2. Since they rewrite most code, it is about new game from scratch as they built new framework. So it is still not optimized.

And most of all they new it, and they are working on it.

BM mechanics targeting your player is fine. If you don't want your base attacked, don't hide in base.

IMO, the only problem with the BM mechanics is that 7 days @ 22:00 is too predictable. Predictable is boring. Random Blood Moon occurrences would be much better.

Random blood moon added as a toggle choice like walk/run would be awesome 😁

DEER:

I have a hard time telling a Doe from a Wolf. could the Deer in general get more of a brown shade instead of the grey? I have hunted deer in the Great white North and the white tail in Texas (so tiny) and you can tell a deer from a wolf.

Just saying, also the face/nose on the doe seems a bit chunky.

PS: maybe you can add a Deer (Corn) feeder in the game that uses a solar panel, Battery, Barrel, pipes, electronics and Corn (mutant corn?) to attract deer/boards? that would be a great feature!

DEER:

I have a hard time telling a Doe from a Wolf. could the Deer in general get more of a brown shade instead of the grey? I have hunted deer in the Great white North and the white tail in Texas (so tiny) and you can tell a deer from a wolf.

Just saying, also the face/nose on the doe seems a bit chunky.

PS: maybe you can add a Deer (Corn) feeder in the game that uses a solar panel, Battery, Barrel, pipes, electronics and Corn (mutant corn?) to attract deer/boards? that would be a great feature!

I agree with you on the doe. When I first saw it I thought it was a lamb or a sheep.

The only option to make mining safe if 1 Broad tunnel collapse

* God mode

* Disable SI

* Mod

* Tripple the time you need to make a tunnel by EXTREM tedious gameplay (or is anyone here who think hat switching the Tool to frame each few seconds for many hours make ANY sense)

Is it safe mining into rock or not as before?

Very bummed to see the invincible tree issue seems to remain in b221. For the group I play on a dedicated server with, this has been the single most game breaking bug.

I know its an annoying bug but how is it even close to being "game breaking"? There are trees you cut down that still show up. Pain in the ass? Yes. Game breaking? Hardly, you just find a tree that is still actually there and go about your day. At least on all my games, it's only trees you have already cut down.

Guys, "sprint" is the old "run"? I'm a little confused in this new setup so I started at "run" and my first horde night was weird because zombies were just "walking a little faster".

supposedly:

walk: normal

jog: little faster than walk

run: slower than sprint

sprint: it's the speed of zombies run prior to this build (basically a name change by my understanding)

nightmare: 20% faster than sprint (so more or less faster than you?)

supposedly:

walk: normal

jog: little faster than walk

run: slower than sprint

sprint: it's the speed of zombies run prior to this build (basically a name change by my understanding)

nightmare: 20% faster than sprint (so more or less faster than you?)

Thanks for clarifying this. I was looking for this information.

On sprint you could probably get enough distance between you and the zombie to “lose them” by going around a building. This might not be possible on nightmare.

okay, so pretty much you can keep distance, but not enough to break them off of you. At least that'd be cool. Shoot, even if nightmare kept them same speed of sprint but made it to where once they saw you, you have to kill them would be cool, like BM (except the whole they know where you are at without ever seeing you)

Thanks, @wolffblood. As I said before, 7th day horde was pathetic watching zombies almost walking...

A noticeable stuff: no cops or radiated spiders. Previous save my gamestage was 37 (yesterday 31) and I saw few cops and 2 radiated spiders. I was expecting at least 1 ~ 2 cops, but nothing. Not sure "six gamestage lvls" would make a big difference.

Game feels a little bit easier, except grinding for materials which still a pain in the a**. Does anyone think there should be a "stamina regen perk"? I'm not saying something absurd, but 5 lvls, 5% per rank would be nice and I think it would make grinding better. Btw, merging slow metabolism (food and drink) is weird, because "drink" goes down faster. Is this intentional?

Archived