Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well, then no more digging for me.

Can we please remove the voxel world ?

Make no more sense to sacrifice all that performance if underground is a no go area

Why so dramatic?

If you must live underground dig down to rock or shore up an underground shelter as people have done since the Celtic period. The underground isn't as safe as it once was, deal with it.

There you go, feature not bug.

Unfortunately I happen to agree with them on this one, sorry. :-)

You agree that digging a 1 block wide tunnel in the only biome where sand is prevalent should be more dangerous than fighting zombies? (how do u reinforce that btw? its 1 block wide..)

Why so dramatic?

If you must live underground dig down to rock or shore up an underground shelter as people have done since the Celtic period. The underground isn't as safe as it once was, deal with it.

Play 7D2D over 6000 Hours

Spend a really huge part of that by mining and digging tunnels.

Thats the past

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know when the next Experimental update is out ?

MAYBE tomorrow

They testplay the current build, depends if they find big ugly bugs

Make no more sense to sacrifice all that performance if underground is a no go area

Don't know where you had your drama classes, buy they're worth their money.

I can only applaud mining engineering logic in this game.

Don't know where you had your drama classes, buy they're worth their money.

I can only applaud mining engineering logic in this game.

How do you feel if you cant play A17 as Death is death game.

Only reason i ever left the 30 first level was that i mined only in god mode.

See no sense to sugarcoat broken parts of the game

Only playstyle that is perfect playable is COD playstyle

You agree that digging a 1 block wide tunnel in the only biome where sand is prevalent should be more dangerous than fighting zombies? (how do u reinforce that btw? its 1 block wide..)

make it 1 wide and 3 high. every time, you remove 3rd high sand, place woodframe in place of this. then step forward and repeat. pain in hole but it is doable.

you can do that yourself...right click on 7dtd in steam interface -> click uninstall

there easy as pie.... :) no more voxel world

--> just joking with you RD so smile :) <--

confused, i just do not get it, i love most of the changes that has been done in A17 but the mining aspect i just do not get.

ok so we get way less then before, when mining, mining is also very dangerous with the big collapses and Zombie hordes, when they find you.

At the same time Zombies go through the blocks and traps (in my opinion) much faster now, they are more intelligent and can both dig and jump , therefore i need more materials than ever before.

in A16 i almost never had to use guns, but the new poi (they are awesome)takes a lot more ammo than ever before if i do not want to die.

Again i need more materials.

7 day hordes are a bigger challenge now.

I need more materials, but how am i supposed to get them when mining is so difficult?

I love this game but a big part of it (for me) is building.

I do not mind it being difficult, but i am at level 105, but i still feel like i am far from being able to make a good place to live or a place to fight the 7 day horde.

mining underground just seems almost impossible at the moment.

Tower of Speakers in A17 - not attracting zombies.

if you build it they will come...Not!

So go to a town and build a tower of speakers and blast them. you would think like a shotgun or marksman it would attract all the Zs around. well it does not. they pretty much ignore it.

So if a Shotgun/riffle/etc. attract Zs from XX blocks away a tower of speakers should do the same.

confused, i just do not get it, i love most of the changes that has been done in A17 but the mining aspect i just do not get.

I need more materials, but how am i supposed to get them when mining is so difficult?

mining underground just seems almost impossible at the moment.

Mining boulders on the surface is A LOT more rewarding than mining underground (you get more resources easily)

Is it me or is the ground at the highest about +50 on rwg n still now only low as +3 this elims tons of supplants from the world also I spent a few hours digging with an augger perks maxed for gathering and full modes auger I I got 847 raw iron... barely anything vs the 7 stacks of stone.

At the current rate I would need to big up basicly half the map to have raw iron for a single project what the hell

Is it me or is the ground at the highest about +50 on rwg n still now only low as +3 this elims tons of supplants from the world also I spent a few hours digging with an augger perks maxed for gathering and full modes auger I I got 847 raw iron... barely anything vs the 7 stacks of stone.

At the current rate I would need to big up basicly half the map to have raw iron for a single project what the hell

there is few peaks higher than 60 m in my map, but generally, ground id between 40 and 48 meters

- - - Updated - - -

Mining boulders on the surface is A LOT more rewarding than mining underground (you get more resources easily)

boulders do not respawn and finding them far away from your base is way too time consuming

I've been doing open-cast mining myself. Dig a hole, expand the bottom, and let SI clear most of the debris for you. As long as you don't stand directly under the falling debris you should be fine.

Are you suggesting that for deep mines players move towards shoring up their walls and building realistic mine workings to prevent collapses? Where will this madness end?

So far, I'm doing fine with the basics: enough ammo from surface rocks and loot to keep my guns shooting the fast zombies and about 40 stone every 5 seconds near bedrock to feed my growing fort(tress?).

Still, I dig narrow tunnels and when I hit sand I carefully dig that first.

Haven't died from underground yet and above ground I now have steel armor (no mods yet) and stay mobile on a minibike (I think it saves on gas... I hope).

I just hope the loot chance of guns will be reduced by ~90%. I just walked away from a gun shop with 8 shotguns, 3 smgs, 4 pistols, 3 hunting rifle, a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher.

This is a problem across the board. It seems the default RWG is set up for multiplayer. Unfortunately the difficulty of finding un-scavenged things such as bird nests rises as more players are online, this also means that in a SP game finding scavengable things is far too easy.

I proposed a while ago have a different set of defaults that affect not only loot distribution but also certain terrain generation mechanics depending on the expected number of players. It's the only way I can think to balance the needs of the many _and_ the needs of the few.

Archived