Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Sorry if this is in wrong area or already addressed...I'm fighting with the search engine on this forum and I finally gave up =/.

Can anyone tell me if the antibiotics are bugged on Alpha 17 (b208) right now? Or if maybe the mechanics of how you use them changed? It doesn't seem to matter when I take them or how much I take, my infection just keeps getting worse and I have to use nearly my whole stash of meds & food/H2O to stay alive...IF I'm lucky enough to be near my base.

Thanks much!

I encountered this too. Got a minor infection and immediately took antibiotics. No effect that I could see so I also ate some honey. Also no effect that I could see.

I think this might be intentional - the antibiotics and/or honey may simply take some time to kick in. But if so there needs to ba a way to communicate this to the player.

FWIW there is a bug report filed about it, but it's buried somewhere in the middle of the thread.

Our MP maps take forever to spin up on creation, and if we use anything larger than 7k some people get EAC kicked for slow connection. :frowning: -- all our maps are also relatively flat. desert in the south, snow in the north, grass in the middle with wasteland and burnt splattered all over the place.. no mountains, or large bodies of water (are all your rwg maps like this too?) Anyone know how deep Bedrock is on a 16k map? it's only +4 on the smaller 4k map

It's a big wiggly can of worms and unless someone has a brilliant design (which this is not a request for) I don't think it's going to change.

what if when the z dies and is in yr frame of view then you get *some* xp. stands to reason that knowledge is gained thru observation.

what if when the z dies and is in yr frame of view then you get *some* xp. stands to reason that knowledge is gained thru observation.

Well if thats the case, the pimps could make an Perk in the Int tree that gives 5/10/15/20/25% ((1-3 Second Internal cooldown)(Perk 4 and 5 give 5/15% Chance for Double XP on Trap Kill) Trap Kill Xp to the Owner of the Trap. So you won't get that xp for free and you won't get the full amount.

Antibiotic blues...

I have heard similar complaints on the topic, you are not alone. However this perplexes me greatly as of the many games i have run thus far I have only been actually infected on 3 occasions out of the many times i have had the orange skull warning of "something coming on" and even then the infection just went away on its own.

Are you running a clean install, or adjusted settings or something because from what I have seen infections are a short lived inconvenience and not a threat.

Nope, clean install. I really wasn't suffering to much earlier...honestly, was wondering if getting infected just meant lower stamina pool for awhile; however not so since (b208) release...for me anyway. Today, I was infected, took an antibiotic immediately, then noticed awhile later it had gone to stage2, soooo took another antibiotic, then a bit later it went to stage 3...took ANOTHER antibiotic, then watched as my stamina was non-existant (couldn't swing anything), then my life pool bar decreased until my life started ticking away...made it back to my base to refill on food/h20, just to try and stay alive...I had used an enormous amount of food/h20 just through stages 1 & 2. I just waited it out. When it away, I thought, huh, wonder how I screwed thst up so badly. Then as soon as I had my stamina/ health bar back up to par...a zombie dog horde decended on my, managed to stay alive, BUT yep, I was infected again =(, this time with only 1 antibiotic and 1 honey to my name....same result, no difference.

Anyway tks for the responses, I'll keep chanting "No inection, no infection, no infection, no wammie, no infection" =P

~Emm

Only thing i can remember is that they are too stupid to use bicycles and nearly die because they reached the next water source not soon enough.

PLease NEVER try to argue based on the assumption the TWD survivor would act in any way sensefull !

(except spears combined with a fence, that was indeed sensefull)

I tried playing without level restrictions (there are modlets for this), but got bored. No reason to craft bicycles or minibikes when you can spend another point and get a bike, no point in iron tools when there are steel tools just a point away, etc. I like it better with level gates.

That's a good point, I might make the level gate half of the vanilla like I had first planned.

Still experimenting. :)

Sorry if this is in wrong area or already addressed...I'm fighting with the search engine on this forum and I finally gave up =/.

Can anyone tell me if the antibiotics are bugged on Alpha 17 (b208) right now? Or if maybe the mechanics of how you use them changed? It doesn't seem to matter when I take them or how much I take, my infection just keeps getting worse and I have to use nearly my whole stash of meds & food/H2O to stay alive...IF I'm lucky enough to be near my base.

Thanks much!

Probably yes.

See this:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?96766-Alpha-17-Experimental-B208-bug-reporting-thread&p=897581&highlight=infection#post897581

Only thing i can remember is that they are too stupid to use bicycles and nearly die because they reached the next water source not soon enough.

PLease NEVER try to argue based on the assumption the TWD survivor would act in any way sensefull !

(except spears combined with a fence, that was indeed sensefull)

heh :) agree w ya there Royal. First season was pretty decent but towards the end of 2nd I just couldn't anymore. Not that it's a bad show, I'd just have preferred a more 'realistic' slant.

Though, at least from the few bits and pieces I've seen in the last couple years, it's not nearly in the WTF?? camp that the MARS drama is. Holy hell, it's like the entire show is designed to turn the audience -off- of Mars missions. The few minutes of a recent episode I watched had a character actively seeking unknown Mars microbes, become ill. No quarantine. Her doctor freely interacted w others. In a small, sealed environment, 140 million miles from Earth. The writers/producers of that show better hope no TEOTWAWKI or ZA happens :D

ah, comprehension is something you were to tired to do. MM specifically stated the types of junk that wouldn't drop. That it would be nice, and stated what didnt constitute as nice. examples were listed.

I see, thanks for explaining. I remember his words a bit yes. Will be interesting to see their final aproach on looting.

hey have been playing a17 exp. for abit of time, and noticed old big spike and fire spike is gone.

why is that removed

zombier have been harder to kill and defend horde night and now also less defence stuff to do it with? gg

any info why it was removed? and/or will it be replaced with something new to defend your base? despite cluster wooden and metal spikes?

hey have been playing a17 exp. for abit of time, and noticed old big spike and fire spike is gone.

why is that removed

zombier have been harder to kill and defend horde night and now also less defence stuff to do it with? gg

any info why it was removed? and/or will it be replaced with something new to defend your base? despite cluster wooden and metal spikes?

The old ones were entity models, which have more overhead, so they were replaced with block models.

faatal's reply is the only dev comment I recall about this. But there's likely others in other threads I haven't read; maybe someone else can add more info?

I finally found a reason to complain about alpha 17! It's a big day for me.

I noticed that most of my deaths were caused by my inability to get out of the state of stealth. For the simple reason that I forget, at critical moments, to get up ... Obviously, I try to save myself at the speed of a dead donkey, and zombies laugh before tearing my head.

And why that, when it never happened on the previous alphas? Only because the darkened screen that accompanied the state of stealth has disappeared (or almost).

So ... I humbly ask if it would be possible to recover this good darkened screen that would prevent me from bludgeoning my keyboard under the effect of a slight rage.

If the devs think that the yellow bar is enough, I'll manage with that, but I wonder if I'm the only one to live this kind of sad experience.

You aren't. I finally got to spend a day playing b208 yesterday, and yes, most of my deaths are tied to being in stealth and not realizing it until too late. Either the crouch needs to be lower, the dark vignette come back... just something more than the little bar on the lower left.

You aren't. I finally got to spend a day playing b208 yesterday, and yes, most of my deaths are tied to being in stealth and not realizing it until too late. Either the crouch needs to be lower, the dark vignette come back... just something more than the little bar on the lower left.

Thanks ;) I will feel less lonely next time I'll die. And yes, the crouch should be lower, it's a valiable information too.

Really enough is enough

Fix the damn glue of the veins in Desert, i died now the 5th time during mining, thats no more fun.

Mining is so official currently the most dangerous thing in game. with ZERO option to counter that.

Whelp, I guess there is officially danger in the underground. :)

But what a streamer does to counter that is make tunnels with wood walls and ceiling with a break every 10 meters for side tunnels with the same structures. Its slow, but he lives...

Or start from the top if your well armed. One big open pit mine... Doesn't that sound fun? :)

Whelp, I guess there is officially danger in the underground. :)

But what a streamer does to counter that is make tunnels with wood walls and ceiling with a break every 10 meters for side tunnels with the same structures. Its slow, but he lives...

Or start from the top if your well armed. One big open pit mine... Doesn't that sound fun? :)

I've been doing open-cast mining myself. Dig a hole, expand the bottom, and let SI clear most of the debris for you. As long as you don't stand directly under the falling debris you should be fine.

Are you suggesting that for deep mines players move towards shoring up their walls and building realistic mine workings to prevent collapses? Where will this madness end?

This time i digged down

Point is i made in A17 arround 10 000 Meter tunnel (mostly 1x2, partially 2x3)

And Since i joined in A14 (A13 ?) more than ? 200 Km tunnels

to force the player instead of

Dig Block 1, Dig Block 2, step forward. for 10 Hours

now

Dig block 1, Dig Block 2, Dig block 3, Switch to frame, place frame, switch to tool, step forward. for 20 Hours

Really thats a pain in the ass

This time i digged down

Point is i made in A17 arround 10 000 Meter tunnel (mostly 1x2, partially 2x3)

And Since i joined in A14 (A13 ?) more than ? 200 Km tunnels

now

Dig block 1, Dig Block 2, Dig block 3, Switch to frame, place frame, switch to tool, step forward. for 20 Hours

Really thats a pain in the ass

i can feel your azz. i have been mining too and it is harder than before. i took advice of other player and tried clear out sand pockets by climbing/digging up from side, protected by stone, then clearing sand pool from up to down. it works, but it takes more time and effort. if you want to dig strait tunnel through sand, you probably need to reinforce tunnel, until sand si is fixed.

on your pic, it seems to be sandstone or sand in desert. it really should hold better than sand pockets in stone area.

now

But only if you dig through sand, right?

To be 100% safe you probably need to test-hit the ceiling block over Block 1 and Block 2 before stepping forward, but more elaborate stuff is only needed if that block is actually sand. Normally you should already be warned if Block 1 or 2 are sand.

Or could there be a cave in with this (view in front of digger, s=sand x=stone):

sss

sxs

sxs

sxs

if you dig the two lower x away, would the x above your head fall?

To get this would be really bad luck but possible.

Point is that in 14,A15 and A16 i had not such problems.

No idea what is different, but the old balance was perfect, you could dig with low risk 1x2 tunnels, and only if you gone broader you needed to consider measures.

And may i remember you that i know how i can support underground buildings.

As example my underground scryscrapper from A16

BAC17EB8E025CCB168BB84727E38F07F5AF308F1

Sadly in A17 i guess it would have been destroyed long before the state in the pic

Archived