Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

i must agree, lootbags from dead z is not much worth. maybe put in there some more ammo, repairkits, real food (not canned), few pieces of steel would be nice find in early game, since steel is gated by higher levels.

about level gating. there is no good way to spezialise. you may get points, but your desired attribute and perks are way too far away , protected by lvl gate. remove lvl gate from attributes and lower perk gate by half (at least). those are my 2 coins

I agree with this. Yeah you have lots of choices but you can't actually make the choices because of the level gating. Really the only choices you have to make are what kind a weapon perk you will choose. The other stuff is so level gated that you really just end up taking what is available now because you will have extra points when you get the levels to get the one(s) you actually want.

They made a pretty decent skill tree with lots of choices and then level gated in such a way that their is in reality only a couple ways through it.

Not many Bones for Glue. Has anyone taken the hunting perk & noticed if that improves amount of bones harvested, possibly/hopefully from gore/skeleton blocks as well?

Just harvested a couple of hogs (not grn giants) using normal swings & machete; both yielded 2 bones each, so 1 duct tape.

---

Change to crafting Wet Concrete blocks, now only in Mixer. Been chewing on this one a bit. It's a bit odd to me. Doesn't fit RL and is a weird 'fit' into the 'rationalized in-game world' as well. Still able to carry umpteen tons, etc.

RL a mixer is just a mixer. Then wet concrete is poured into forms where it hardens. Things like crash barriers, large sewer pipes, pre-stressed bridge sections, etc.

The 'best fit' that's come to mind is the old, A15? where it took wood & concrete mix; the blocks showed as OSB w wet concrete at top.

Craftable in backpack. Which ~basically fits w how it's actually done.

Downside would be the extra art work.

Of course I've no idea why TFPs made this change. Maybe there's a new 'Concrete Forms Station' or some such coming.

I'd considered that possibly this is due to be changed is some manner that would result in our having 'cured', or non-Wet, full HPs blocks to place, but that seemed OP.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

My wish in life is for people to stop bringing up passive zombie killing xp. I can't speak for them, but every indication is that this will never be a thing.

How would this even work on MP horde nights/ What if the person who placed the traps is offline? Does everyone just get xp? Like some participation trophy?

It's a big wiggly can of worms and unless someone has a brilliant design (which this is not a request for) I don't think it's going to change.

If you guys can't make the "leveling" "skills" and "XP" - then remove it away completely.

This crap is full in other games.

Make an interesting game based on other things.

This "not yours", but you well can to do other more interesting things.

It was necessary to remove "levels pumping" and not the main biomes.

The 7 day horde is not intended to be a loot delivery truck.

Loot still drops but if you want it you'll have to make a run for it. ;)

The drop rate is what 2 or 3%? It's not a delivery truck. With only 1 or 2 packs dropping a night it can't be that big a performance hit to let the bag(s) stay until morning. So, why do they go poof so quickly now? When there were hundreds of lootable gore blocks I could see them needing to go poof.

Thanks for the link, sadly not what i really search.

What i want is something that explains me how i can get rid of this green box and place the Prefab finally

6A4DC3F2295B455774C46A3911614CEF8A9AF259

how did you get this screen to come up? is this on a play test or on a live game?

--- your messages are full btw, Royal.

press K then Dynamic Prefab... had a little trouble getting the yellow box to pop up with the prefab inside it. Also seem to be unable to rotate the prefab, or lower it to the ground. also noticed when I click the yellow box it turns green. i assume thats the "bounding box" or "BB" as some options call it. these are all greyed out for me.

relogged to my game and now i cant figure out how i got the yellow box up in the first place again. :(

Although * I was not the one complaining about trap xp * what's the issue with doing it? It's often mentioned about technical viability of making them give exp, but doesn't blocks have or can have an owner assigned? just like doors and a few other stuff, why not have it assigned to trap blocks and when a spike collides with a zombie it sends the owner id to the function? if that finishes the zombie you award exp to the owner and it's partners if needed.. distance? not that hard to check but I don't see a case where this would be abusable anyway, so it's only a matter of checking if the owner is online.

I mean, this is a wild wiiiiiiiiiiiild guess, where I have zero knowledge on the code behind this game. I'm curious tho :p

Does anyone tested pipe bombs yet? I have a point in "explosive weapons", but other than block damage it does almost nothing against zombies.

Pipe bombs are too weak. Not worth the resources at the moment.

I did (in a test world with max character) a steel base with max BM horde and threw a couple of stacks of pipe bombs at them. I would have killed more with a bow in the same time span. It should at least have an impact that collapses the zombie tower (jumping on each other to reach you) if it explodes.

It's a big wiggly can of worms and unless someone has a brilliant design (which this is not a request for) I don't think it's going to change.

I'm ok with not getting exp from spikes, can't have it all, right?

The only way I could see it being remotely viable is having a player interaction (aggro, weapon fire, etc) trigger all traps that cause damage in the calculated path to that player to be tagged with that particular player's ID for some "earnPlayerExp" flag for the next 60 seconds. If the zombie dies from said tagged traps in the given time frame, the player is awarded exp for weaponizing a trap and leading them to it. If it is a passive trap (no player ID, no interaction leading them to the spike) that tag is empty, no exp awarded to anyone as it is now.

I am not arguing for having this be a thing, just wanted to voice out a potential solution to a puzzle since I like puzzles. :D

Does anyone tested pipe bombs yet? I have a point in "explosive weapons", but other than block damage it does almost nothing against zombies.

I've used them, did no damage to zombies, just massive holes in the ground. But I can't remember if that was in b199 or b208, lol

I am not 100% but I think it may take a while to download the random gen map. How long did you wait?

I waited til it was downloaded, but then I get ab "out of memory" prompt or my game crashes. In the case of the former, the music stops and it won't ever finish loading.

If you guys can't make the "leveling" "skills" and "XP" - then remove it away completely.

This crap is full in other games.

Make an interesting game based on other things.

This "not yours", but you well can to do other more interesting things.

It was necessary to remove "levels pumping" and not the main biomes.

They just need tweaking as the devs say they are doing. I actually love that aspect, it's what brought me into the game. I saw 7DtD before it was in, and wasn't interested, once it added leveling and a feeling of progression, I've come to love this game. I know it's just something I love and not everyone does, but that feeling like I'm getting somewhere and not just a Zombie defense game made this great for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a trick to placing bicycles the first time? I can't find any place for it to go green and I'm not sure if there's a trick I'm missing or if I've found a bug to report.

As long as you are trying to place it as you would a block, then I'm guessing it'd be a bug if you can't place it. I've had no issues.

Archived