Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Not today. Probably Monday.

Zombie XP reduction, ranged weapon balancing, player jump/step noise reducing, stealth working vs vultures and other changes went in today. I plan on playtesting those changes over the weekend.

I just hope you guys change sensing/hearing when in underground. I'm not saying horde nights, but "common days" zombies shouldn't be able to hear or sense a player in the underground 30+ meters (I think 20 meters would be a good number, because on A16 25 ~ 30 meters it's where I was getting good ore veins).

Not today. Probably Monday.

Zombie XP reduction, ranged weapon balancing, player jump/step noise reducing, stealth working vs vultures and other changes went in today. I plan on playtesting those changes over the weekend.

Did you just make a faatal mistake :D. Giving an estimated date for a release. You know on forums that words like probably, maybe, hopefully, etc can't be seen by a large population of members. They just don't register in the brain.

Well starting a new game is up to you and not mandatory, but if you're going to talk about a bug then it is.

I am not Sure Guppy. I cannot open the game at all from the load screen. Guppy, I know I have been a jerk in the past. I said I was sorry to eveyone on here. I had some issues then.

Did you just make a faatal mistake :D. Giving an estimated date for a release. You know on forums that words like probably, maybe, hopefully, etc can't be seen by a large population of members. They just don't register in the brain.

That is true, but if people can't read, that is their problem.

That is true, but if people can't read, that is their problem.

Yes it is, but alas, it usually ends up being your problem. Cheer up though, Christmas will soon be here and as you know the holidays makes everyone more pleasant.

Spit my coffee out trying to say that with a straight face...

Wow, HUGE A17 B208 crash.... I think.... :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26115[/ATTACH]

Technically that is a file read error, not a crash. If you didn't start a new game for b208, then it could be any numbers of changes that were made between versions and the normal solution to that is to start a new game for the new version.

Yes it is, but alas, it usually ends up being your problem. Cheer up though, Christmas will soon be here and as you know the holidays makes everyone more pleasant.

Spit my coffee out trying to say that with a straight face...

More like Roland's problem. ;)

Technically that is a file read error, not a crash. If you didn't start a new game for b208, then it could be any numbers of changes that were made between versions and the normal solution to that is to start a new game for the new version.

I did start a new game. Or do I need to uninstall/re-install the game? I am lost here.

Paul

Every time I uninstall I've got to delete the savegame folder manually. There may be a setting to do it automatically, I'm too lazy to check, but it's not activated by default.

As you can see from the original question WiggleSlap managed to install B208 without the savegame folder being wiped.

Archived