Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

No mention of the performance hit that we endured between A16 and A17 as a known issue? Wtf? Cmon, fellas.

Decreased sleeper CPU use from movement and collision checking

Decreased sleeper CPU and garbage by not updating bag or inventory

Test it before you complain, sounds like it's been improved and possibly fixed.

Fataal, when a new build is being made, do you guys make changes to code as you see fit, and then is the whole thing ran through a compiling process of sorts? I'm just curious I've never done coding and such like this.

For each build target (win32, win64, mac, linux, dedicated...) Unity exports the project and data files get copied over. A build of all targets takes about 2.5 hours.

No mention of the performance hit that we endured between A16 and A17 as a known issue? Wtf? Cmon, fellas.

Happy about the punching a block after placing it being fixed, though!

You can't optimize a game in a week. We have some promising stuff in the works though.

faatal, do you know how perks work?

I noticed the miner69 - supposedly very important - is not having the effect I expected on block damage. Then I thought maybe it doesn't multiply your power atack by 2.5 (+150%) but instead it adds to the default power attack multiplier those tools have which is 3.0 (+200%).

In this case it would add to 450% total damage to blocks, or just a 50% increase from the perk at maximum level. Do you know if that's how it works?

I'm creating the game again to test one more time with and without the perks but from memory that would be around the value I get ingame...

Would appreciate if MM could confirm that's the intended result too, I'm not even sure I should post as a bug

b208 patch notes:

* Reduced vulture attack speed and bleed %

- little bit disappointed, maybe future plans to tie enemy dmg to difficulty settings?

* Sleeper volume predefined counts to 12 to 910

- can someone elaborate on this?

Vultures were meant more for harassment than straight up death. Their bleeds were rapidly being applied and they stack.

The - got removed. It should of said 1-2 to 9-10, which are just presets in the sleeper volume editor for the designers.

on b199 there were still reflections everywhere, with reflections turned off. wasn't sure if that was known at all?

We know, but there is no simple fix. It is built into the shaders, so with no cube map it was making everything dark.

faatal, do you know how perks work?

I noticed the miner69 - supposedly very important - is not having the effect I expected on block damage. Then I thought maybe it doesn't multiply your power atack by 2.5 (+150%) but instead it adds to the default power attack multiplier those tools have which is 3.0 (+200%).

In this case it would add to 450% total damage to blocks, or just a 50% increase from the perk at maximum level. Do you know if that's how it works?

I'm creating the game again to test one more time with and without the perks but from memory that would be around the value I get ingame...

Would appreciate if MM could confirm that's the intended result too, I'm not even sure I should post as a bug

It does:

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".3,1.5" level="1,5" tags="secondary"/>

So it adds 30% to 150% to block damage with the secondary tag. How it stacks with other effects, I don't know.

You really should try the log spikes. I first started comparing and working with them to spikes in A-9.3 and they are much better.

The regular wood spikes are faster cheaper and quicker to deploy but they take damage when something hits them. They degrade quickly.

The log spikes are only damaged if you hit them but keep damaging as long as the thing being damaged is in range.

Ideally, you will want to dig a trench at least two spaces wide all-the-way around your fort. Then place the log spikes in the trench two spaces wide, same as the trench. This will insure maximum damage to your enemy's as they attack the fort because of them having to walk on them.

Zombies will attack the spikes but not so much and log spikes will last so much longer than the other type.

Plus you can upgrade them. If you have the metal, you can make medal log spikes which can save wood but cost a trainload in medal. They are better both in defense and offence but expensive.

they're not available, seems they're gone.

we did a maze-like parkour with "spikes" and it works ok. we can run through the maze while the Zs are taking damages trying to follow.

Vultures were meant more for harassment than straight up death. Their bleeds were rapidly being applied and they stack.

The - got removed. It should of said 1-2 to 9-10, which are just presets in the sleeper volume editor for the designers.

Thanks for adjusting the vultures... they were pretty lethal, and would instantly pounce on a compromised player.

Is this one of the causes of performance dropping in POIs?

-A

was also wondering along with that; the new paintings are double sided, if you dm clip in the walls you can see it.

ty @faatal for all the jibber jabber you do.

The bags zombies are dropping are despawning before I get the chance to loot them on horde night. I lost 5 bags because I couldn't get to them in time.

It is risky but possible to loot during horde night. Your call.

Is the iron club supposed to do more damage than the wooden club, as per the description?

good you mentioned this, I forgot I had to change that

also foods, different meat options all give 10 max stamina, that's just my assumption but I imagine they should have different values

What is the reason behind removing stainless steel? I'm honestly curious about this

It was a 5th wheel in the upgrade chains with a marginal increase using a resource with an unreliable supply on a very long resupply interval.

Back in the day it was intended as an incentive to visit traders which is no longer relevant.

It was a 5th wheel in the upgrade chains with a marginal increase using a resource with an unreliable supply on a very long resupply interval.

Back in the day it was intended as an incentive to visit traders which is no longer relevant.

Hmmm plans in order to add something else or is it completely scrapped like tungsten was back in the day of earlier alphas?

@Devs

I'm kinda confused about the Mod Slots on Tools/Armor and Weapons.

Can they roll random based on the Quality of the Item (for example an Shotgun Quality 6 can roll 1-5 Slots) or should they have a +1 mod starting from Quality 2 ?

Because i saw Quality 2 Tools without mods while other Quality 2 Tools had Mods.

Archived