Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Has to do with a radiated vulture spawn during blood moon. It's been fixed for next build already. Until then, you either have to mod it out, mod a replacement, or just keep trying and hoping you get lucky it isn't one of the spawns, lol. I'm sure someone can give you a quick fix for it for now.

I had this on my first horde night and i just quit and relaunch and it was fine ... and i had radiated spider zombie and cops already so glad to not have the radiated vulture as well :)

You really should try the log spikes. I first started comparing and working with them to spikes in A-9.3 and they are much better.

The regular wood spikes are faster cheaper and quicker to deploy but they take damage when something hits them. They degrade quickly.

The log spikes are only damaged if you hit them but keep damaging as long as the thing being damaged is in range.

Ideally, you will want to dig a trench at least two spaces wide all-the-way around your fort. Then place the log spikes in the trench two spaces wide, same as the trench. This will insure maximum damage to your enemy's as they attack the fort because of them having to walk on them.

Zombies will attack the spikes but not so much and log spikes will last so much longer than the other type.

Plus you can upgrade them. If you have the metal, you can make medal log spikes which can save wood but cost a trainload in medal. They are better both in defense and offence but expensive.

except the log spikes no longer exist.

Also, the two wide trench no longer works. Regular zombies can jump three blocks, spiders can jump five. They will also stand on top of each other to climb out of moats. I have seen them dog pile up six blocks, and the one on top leaped to the top of the block six blocks up.

Things that used to work no longer do.

I had this on my first horde night and i just quit and relaunch and it was fine ... and i had radiated spider zombie and cops already so glad to not have the radiated vulture as well :)

Yeah, I did that on day 14, got past it... I've tried some number of double digits now on day 21, keep getting it every freaking time... so I'm just done, lol. I'll start a new game for now, haha.

That was SHOCKING!

Maybe replace the floor with some log spikes.

I don't know about the error. Does it have a pattern like the hoard suddenly stops coming?

Again, the log spikes no longer exist. Have you even played the experimental version?

And if you haven't, why are you getting all uppity with people who have?

Guys, when i was doing video record on 56 horde night with melee base game kinda crashed - opened console with infinite errors flow that i couldn't even close so had to interrupt record, but you can notice it in the end of video.

Does anybody knows what can cause that bug? It happens a few times already on horde night in b199 kinda frustrating to quit in the middle of action)

Yep, the radiated vultures are bugged. The same just happened to me a few minutes ago.

I haven't started a new game yet since A17e was released, but I think I will with the next update.

oh i didn't forgot about that perk... i put 2 points in here as soon as i could

But this is just a minor detail ... i need to adapt better to the biome. I was mostly in plains or forest during the last alpha.

Yeah, wasn't meant as a dig in any way, so hope you didn't take it that way.

Just my way of reiterating it for more ppl. Been watching quite a few different streamers and YTrs, going on and on about the temp shifts, and not seeing any of them even put points into it.

Yeah, wasn't meant as a dig in any way, so hope you didn't take it that way.

Just my way of reiterating it for more ppl. Been watching quite a few different streamers and YTrs, going on and on about the temp shifts, and not seeing any of them even put points into it.

Don't worry i didn't take it that way.

And you're right it's a perk that can be overlooked.

Glad i read the perk list before choosing where to put my points.

the A17 has become very nice, but 7 Days was always a game for me in which I could build a nice base, which I can also defend. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible for me. is it the experimental version, or is it so wanted by the game?

I think it is very sad. Also, some of the disposal elements are no longer available in the build menu.

if I still enjoy 7 Days, I doubt vaguely

Sorry for my english

Don't worry i didn't take it that way.

And you're right it's a perk that can be overlooked.

Glad i read the perk list before choosing where to put my points.

It was the first night when I checked all of the perks I could go for. But the interesting thing I recognize later is that the cowboy hat you can find in loot is way better in comparison to the plant fiber hat. And you maybe need to go from plant fiber armor to leather armor cuz of the heat stats of scrap armor.

the A17 has become very nice, but 7 Days was always a game for me in which I could build a nice base, which I can also defend. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible for me. is it the experimental version, or is it so wanted by the game?

I think it is very sad. Also, some of the disposal elements are no longer available in the build menu.

if I still enjoy 7 Days, I doubt vaguely

Sorry for my english

Not a great answer, but you can mod the damage that the zombies do. That's my answer until it's balanced better. Chances are there will be a mod available that can give you more of that feeling as it's really just the damage setting keeping you from doing that.

It was the first night when I checked all of the perks I could go for. But the interesting thing I recognize later is that the cowboy hat you can find in loot is way better in comparison to the plant fiber hat. And you maybe need to go from plant fiber armor to leather armor cuz of the heat stats of scrap armor.

Actually, i've got leather dust , tank top, bermuda, leather armor chest, legs and boots.... But yeah the desert is an unforgiven place... i like it :)

I'll try to find a cowboy hat next time to check the stats.

Change your design. Get on the roof of a building and create hallways of spikes on the lower level that lead to a way up in the middle somewhere. The perfect design is a spiral. Replace the spikes after each horde. Metal spikes at level 20 are super tough. Turn running zombies off if you like to shoot as they approach. I can build however I like sitting above a maze of spikes. Nothing's gets to me.

Change your design. Get on the roof of a building and create hallways of spikes on the lower level that lead to a way up in the middle somewhere. The perfect design is a spiral. Replace the spikes after each horde. Metal spikes at level 20 are super tough. Turn running zombies off if you like to shoot as they approach. I can build however I like sitting above a maze of spikes. Nothing's gets to me.

my trick, barbed wired turned so it lays on the floor. slows them way down for good killing

Guns are great with mods

What is with the attitude? Did you look into the future and see how it will end up? If you can't wait that long, feel free to change the values in the xml files to exactly what you want.

I was totally bummed out at first with the guns but then I scored a L5 ak and found a few Mods and I am a killing machine as long as I've got ammo. The compound is great too for quite killing. A play style change was necessary however. It's taken me an hour + to go through some of the POIs and have not even went in a bigger one than the Boar facility. The tunnel under it was big suprise and great loot. I love that you have to be careful and make sure you have an exit opening or you'll loose your stuff. A few balancing passes down the road and everything will be fine.

Archived