Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

That takes us back to the "we'll rely on modders to expand upon the idea" argument I had in another thread. Its awesome for us to have this system yes. It will spark some great ideas and mods, but how fair is it to the average player that that is the answer to all of their issues.

If the system needs to rely on modders to make it great or expand on it (and it may not it IS still experimental so i have no idea where it will all end up) then the system is fundamentally flawed.

The system you are describing could have still been implemented and had with quality remaining as is. Add the mod slots on TOP of the parts and on top of the stats to a level 349 bat lets say. Imagine the possible unique combos if they had done THAT.

I absolutely have to agree with you here. The quality system having been dumbed down, and the parts system having been removed in favor of the attachments instead of having the both coexist is really not a good solution. Right now there is no sense of progression in terms of what I can craft. I need to just grind and grind and grind only to end up with a skill point that I cant spend on what I want to spend it on because my level isnt high enough. Which means I have to grind more just to get that level up further. And now they wanna nerf zombie XP so leveling is gonna be even slower.

Another workaround for the quality system issues is to just add more quality levels. Having 6 levels in total isnt enough to warrant a reasonable progression. If you want to have finding new stuff feel rewarding and for players to be happy to switch out that one club for this other club that does slightly more damage, you gotta have at least 10 quality levels. Or make the existing ones double digit. So you got 1-9 as faulty, etc.

I hope at least we get our FOV slider back. Thats important. Like. Really important.

If you ask me the game has become nothing but simpler. Far simpler. And to my taste too simple.

I feel like the production economics got reduced, the efforts to maintain a good production is reduced, it plays like an action zombie shooter in slow motion but with unreal tournament elements like jumping perks.

Progression as is is the easiest way to have progression - bound to nothing but levels, levels bound to almost nothing but zombies (okay its much less effort to level through animals if you find them). The variety in different recipies and crafting queues is lower as i feel. The variety in items is far lower.

Honestly, the game is too simple for me right now. It doesn't excite me at all and I'm hoping the next build indicates a direction back to that. But I fear on the way out of alpha - a simple game is what they need right now. And probably a simple game is the easiest way to focus on bugfixing and end this development once and for all.

I want to find nice goodies as much as the next person, but it should be better and better damage, accuracy, range, silencing, reloading, ammo capacity and aiming type mods, so the slots matter and finding/comparing mods is fun.

I havent played enough to find mods yet but assume they have static modifiers associated to them. How about reintroducing the quality system back but only to mods? With this items can have 1000s of variations like borderlands?

Since i'm in the desert, i get hot often, even with clothes providing a lot of heat resist. Is the temperature status balanced? ( just a minor detail)

It's experimental... but the desert is not intended to be a happyfunplace.

I love the desert. Awesome biome. But tough in the beginning. Cowboy hat, poncho, cowboy boots, light armor and insulation skill is your friend.

^

This.

For whatever reason, ppl tend to forget about the "Well Insulated" perk.

Wood and metal ones (more wood ones laying around than metal, so far)

You really should try the log spikes. I first started comparing and working with them to spikes in A-9.3 and they are much better.

The regular wood spikes are faster cheaper and quicker to deploy but they take damage when something hits them. They degrade quickly.

The log spikes are only damaged if you hit them but keep damaging as long as the thing being damaged is in range.

Ideally, you will want to dig a trench at least two spaces wide all-the-way around your fort. Then place the log spikes in the trench two spaces wide, same as the trench. This will insure maximum damage to your enemy's as they attack the fort because of them having to walk on them.

Zombies will attack the spikes but not so much and log spikes will last so much longer than the other type.

Plus you can upgrade them. If you have the metal, you can make medal log spikes which can save wood but cost a trainload in medal. They are better both in defense and offence but expensive.

Guys, when i was doing video record on 56 horde night with melee base game kinda crashed - opened console with infinite errors flow that i couldn't even close so had to interrupt record, but you can notice it in the end of video.

Does anybody knows what can cause that bug? It happens a few times already on horde night in b199 kinda frustrating to quit in the middle of action)

Guys, when i was doing video record on 56 horde night with melee base game kinda crashed - opened console with infinite errors flow that i couldn't even close so had to interrupt record, but you can notice it in the end of video.

Does anybody knows what can cause that bug? It happens a few times already on horde night in b199 kinda frustrating to quit in the middle of action)

Has to do with a radiated vulture spawn during blood moon. It's been fixed for next build already. Until then, you either have to mod it out, mod a replacement, or just keep trying and hoping you get lucky it isn't one of the spawns, lol. I'm sure someone can give you a quick fix for it for now.

^

This.

For whatever reason, ppl tend to forget about the "Well Insulated" perk.

oh i didn't forgot about that perk... i put 2 points in here as soon as i could

But this is just a minor detail ... i need to adapt better to the biome. I was mostly in plains or forest during the last alpha.

Has to do with a radiated vulture spawn during blood moon. It's been fixed for next build already. Until then, you either have to mod it out, mod a replacement, or just keep trying and hoping you get lucky it isn't one of the spawns, lol. I'm sure someone can give you a quick fix for it for now.

Oh i suspected that, thank you man. Btw green Boars instead of vultures in camps are adorable easy meat source :smile-new:

That was SHOCKING!

Maybe replace the floor with some log spikes.

I don't know about the error. Does it have a pattern like the hoard suddenly stops coming?

Oh i suspected that, thank you man. Btw green Boars instead of vultures in camps are adorable easy meat source :smile-new:

I've yet to see a green Boar, lol. I keep hearing all about them. I just gave up trying to get past that radiated vulture spawn. Tried so many times on day 21... was so frustrating too :/

Archived