Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Dungeon POIs

You would think that those would be in worse shape than the ones safely in the walls of the traders. Said traders would maintain them. Or atleasst give the player the option of repairing them for an award and free usage.

Speaking of dungeons or even buildings that you enter. Take the time to look up, it can save your life.

It saved mine. :)

Edited by sillls (see edit history)
Yes, so me. And I swear I scare myself more now because of it. Even have had some scares when I move quick and my club pops up...

I have also found that standing outside with a gun and waking the dead makes most come out but they wreck the place.

Might be time to invest in those ninja skills

It is what we want. I am not complaining :)

Neither am I, lol. I love that aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

I have also found that standing outside with a gun and waking the dead makes most come out but they wreck the place.

Might be time to invest in those ninja skills

Yepp. I tend to go in, wake them up by killing one, then slowly backtrack outside if there's too many and get them out.

OK so was anyone else pissed for like two days? Then like OK lets be positive, and then hell ya this awesome?

New game for sure, have to play it a new way. No more running into every house and straight to the good stuff on day one, :(

But it is growing on me, and now I see the light. I can have those goodies, just not today.

Do miss the wasteland biom, hope it comes back to random, and they need to mix a little plains into the desert, just TOOOOOOO orange.

I would like it if it was just a random spawn item. As most households have a bike in it so why not just randomly find one.

An efford must be done in a matter to have or build something. Just like in real life and the life after apocalypce.

I am only one who find CPU usage in main menu really high? This is how my CPU graph looks like. I even tried turn off SMT/hyperthreting just to see if it isn't using whole core.

8c16t.jpg.92f0d0897f94aa6af0b3be980285c245.jpg

Just asking, i see there a lot "low ingame fps" posts but none of main menu cpu usage.

8c8t.jpg.5c96ab4673618251c1d9080beff59ac6.jpg

Edited by Kamikaze (see edit history)
Tires seem to be the hardest issue. I barely found 2 acid and i'm level 42

I had 5 acid after looking through 3 garages. They seem prevalent in there, or I just got super lucky. But that's where I've found them mostly. I did find 1 in a gas station.

I had 5 acid after looking through 3 garages. They seem prevalent in there, or I just got super lucky. But that's where I've found them mostly. I did find 1 in a gas station.

A previous post by some staff mentioned that the rarity for acid would change. Can't remember who said that.

Hey folks, I'm curious to know which parameters are affected by the games difficulty setting in the main menu.

I've played a number of A17 games on a number of difficulty settings, and the most unfair and punishing horde action happened on the novice difficulty.

Sure, this might just come down to the curse of random generation, but I see no increased difficulty between these settings. In fact, it seems to work in reverse.

Are the settings nerfed, or am I missing something?

The difficulty setting changes the player damage to and received from enemies.

Difficulty 1: player does 2x damage, receives .5x damage.

Difficulty 3: player does 1x damage, receives 1x damage.

Difficulty 6: player does .5x damage, receives 2.5x damage.