Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

A-16 V's A-17 stats

I like the stats in A-16 better because you could get all the information at a glance. Were as in A-17 you have to hunt for info like how cold or hot you are. A-16 was faster and you knew how bad it was getting at a glance and with that you knew how long you could stay out before it became a real problem.

A-16 V's A-17 stats

I like the stats in A-16 better because you could get all the information at a glance. Were as in A-17 you have to hunt for info like how cold or hot you are. A-16 was faster and you knew how bad it was getting at a glance and with that you knew how long you could stay out before it became a real problem.

Get one of the huds. They show that quite easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone reported that you don't get exp from upgrading blocks anymore? Wood frames you get exp for the first level ... but nothing for anything above that ... and nothing for upgrading rebar to concrete. It's very frustrating.

I will admit I was shocked they gated the bicycle behind level 30. I thought the point of the bike was a low level mode of transport.

I was expecting to find some in garages or even scattered along the road. The current level cap to build them doesn't seem high if you could scavenge them from the world.

Lowering resolution is a common test for CPU's as it makes them CPU bound.

So taking 7 days, which is already CPU bound, and telling people to drop res increases *that* situation.

The CPU *cant* feed the GPU fast enough at lower res.

That isn't everyones issue though. IF you have a cheap enough GPU then that is your limiting factor. Granted in a game like 7 Days if you have a CPU that is good enough to not be pretty heavily used then you probably have a damn nice GPU too. I was really just talking straight theory in my post.

Can we please bring back the weapon and tool crafting system from A16? I don't see why we can't have that system and mods? Surely when you assemble a gun the mods would just go back into your inventory like ammo?

This system is very unsatisfying and kills a big reason to loot. There is no point in doing the big dangerous POIs because you know you can get an arsenal of weapons from the nearest gun safe, that or you can craft them.

Also, the spare parts system is actually more realistic when you think about it. This game takes place how many years after the war and outbreak? There must have been panic and looting. Makes sense we are only getting the scraps.

In this system you know what you are going to get. At least with A16 you felt like you are progressing as you work hard to make your gun better. It also meant that you had to scavenge to make sure you had parts to repair your gun. Now it's just too easy.

No no no no!!!!!!

The random wepon parts was the worst most nonsensical system ever.

Guns don't go bad. Gun parts are never stored separately. Parts are not interchangeable unless the guns are the exact same make and model.

Dear Sirs,

there's a bug. after playing 7 days to die, and select quit. after shutdown my computar and open steam and then select the game 7 days to die. It says ( the game is already opened) . It is my third time I must unfortunnelly unistall and then install to play the game please correct urgent, on alpha 16 that bug did not happened.

Also when you will plase the osigen tanks to search the sinked sub on game ? Perhaps some rumors :D

Irrigation water problems and gas mask for radiated places, only by mask

Keep up the good work

God bless you all, and Greetings from Portugal

Dear Sirs,

there's a bug. after playing 7 days to die, and select quit. after shutdown my computar and open steam and then select the game 7 days to die. It says ( the game is already opened) . It is my third time I must unfortunnelly unistall and then install to play the game please correct urgent, on alpha 16 that bug did not happened.

Also when you will plase the osigen tanks to search the sinked sub on game ? Perhaps some rumors :D

Irrigation water problems and gas mask for radiated places, only by mask

Keep up the good work

God bless you all, and Greetings from Portugal

Use task manager to kill the tasks that are locked up. Might save you from needing to uninstall and reinstall every time it happens.

Might also want to fill out a bug report with all the info you can give them. :)

We had our meeting. Updated the weekend notes. Made more changes. b205 is building and will be tested once done.

Then depending on the testing and what other changes get made, there could be one more build. In either case, hopefully there will be a build out tonight.

Any word? ETA? Yay or Nay?

That isn't everyones issue though. IF you have a cheap enough GPU then that is your limiting factor. Granted in a game like 7 Days if you have a CPU that is good enough to not be pretty heavily used then you probably have a damn nice GPU too. I was really just talking straight theory in my post.

It's the fps drops from 80 fps to 20fps in buildings what's doing me but it is experimental so hopefully few updates it will get better

I noticed the "DOn't enter - Rad zone" roadblocks (which I thought were neat), but shouldn't there be some sort of indicator that you're aboutto enter a rad zone, like there used to be? As it stands, it looks identical and there are no red-zones on the map. If the damage is forgiving, I can see that as plausable. I haven't tested it yet, but previous rad zones you were dead in a couple of seconds. Full speed on a bike and you were done for if your wellness wasn't high.

I noticed the "DOn't enter - Rad zone" roadblocks (which I thought were neat), but shouldn't there be some sort of indicator that you're aboutto enter a rad zone, like there used to be? As it stands, it looks identical and there are no red-zones on the map. If the damage is forgiving, I can see that as plausable. I haven't tested it yet, but previous rad zones you were dead in a couple of seconds. Full speed on a bike and you were done for if your wellness wasn't high.

This was what my suggestion was last page. This is my same gripe. Especially being spawned so close to the border on a game start.

this may be a tall order, but is there any way we could get spikes and traps to give us any experience?

I really feel that without loot (what little loot there is is impossible to collect on horde night) there are no advantages to really defending a base on horde night. You surround your base with traps made from expensive iron and use bullets and stuff, and you don't get any experience out of it. It makes me want to take all the traps away so that my traps don't take any of my xp... but then I'd die.

If somehow you could keep track of who placed a block and award xp to that player as if it was a kill from any regular attack. then, theoretically, if you're on multiplayer, you'd split the experience with your party.

or maybe any time a zombie died within a certain radius of a land claim or bed it could check to see if anyone got credit for the kill. if not, it could award "party" experience to the bed owner.

Good ideas?

My son and I just had a weird problem. I would report it but I'm not sure how to even describe it properly. It was like our two clients went completely out of sync. I died on horde night and spawned back up on top of our building behind him. He kept asking me where I was and I jumped up and down and said "RIGHT Behind you." He asked if I was sure I wasn't down on the next level and I said yes. I watched him aim his rifle down off the ledge. Shoot. And I fell over dead. Lol

My son and I just had a weird problem. I would report it but I'm not sure how to even describe it properly. It was like our two clients went completely out of sync. I died on horde night and spawned back up on top of our building behind him. He kept asking me where I was and I jumped up and down and said "RIGHT Behind you." He asked if I was sure I wasn't down on the next level and I said yes. I watched him aim his rifle down off the ledge. Shoot. And I fell over dead. Lol

It's actually a known bug, present even in A16 ... sometimes if you die you become invisible. Relogging usually fixes it.

Archived