Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

yep what wolf said... Work In Progress

:)

any ways, its not ignorance to ask if you dont really know... ignorance is not asking and pretending you know the answer. :)

Thanks man.

Day 17 and I finally got my cement mixers working so I was expecting to make some cash because I'm a builder first type player so selling concrete blocks is essential.

Thanks man.

Day 17 and I finally got my cement mixers working so I was expecting to make some cash because I'm a builder first type player so selling concrete blocks is essential.

Well.... I notice you need Stone to make Cement, but need Cement to make Stone... And you need those to make Cement. I haven't been able to figure that one out yet, lol. Then my game bugged to where I now need to make a new map. It's lovely, heh.

Anyone know how to solve the multiplayer connection bug? I cant connect to any server in this patch, in previous one i could without problems.

It's a known issue being worked on. No way to really "fix" it on our end. It seems to work for some and not for others. My friends and I are having issues connecting to each other to play, too.

Oh ok. The strangest thing is that im being shown as connected in the sv but it never starts. It gets frozen at the "connecting to..." message and never changes.

Also it says something nbs writer-1 or kinda...

Yeah, that's one of the issues. We tend to be able to connect (we used to have that issue until I made <NetworkConnectionsDisabled = ""> in the xml file. It used to have SteamNetworking in it), but then in about a min, server kicks everyone now. It's odd.

- - - Updated - - -

is it just my eyes or does the wooden club level 2 do more damage then the level 2 iron club?

I just get the Iron Sledgehammer and call it good, lol. I find them so easily it seems.

Anyone know how to solve the multiplayer connection bug? I cant connect to any server in this patch, in previous one i could without problems.

Probably, EAC. I can't connect to my own server with it enabled as it just times out everytime in A17. Soon as I restart the server with it disabled I'm in instantly. My EAC issue started Jan 2018 and has persisted ever since. I could get in some times but would lag like hell and others times I couldn't join at all. Eventually figured out it was EAC on the server and disabled it. Now I have no issues. It is a small invite-only private server so not worried about cheaters/griefers. Tried re enabling EAC with A17 the same issue persists. :(

Quick question myself. What happened to the enemy HP bars? I was looking forward to them but they aren't there. I don't remember hearing about them being dropped. They a perk now, hopefully?

Got several hours in and I am really enjoying the game and the devs vision with all the changes. Early on I was critical of the health/stamina system but it has grown on me and can appreciate it more. I would like the devs to consider increasing the max health regen from bandages. It is currently too incremental and you must pop one after the other at times. This doesn’t feel natural.

Probably, EAC. I can't connect to my own server with it enabled as it just times out everytime in A17. Soon as I restart the server with it disabled I'm in instantly. My EAC issue started Jan 2018 and has persisted ever since. I could get in some times but would lag like hell and others times I couldn't join at all. Eventually figured out it was EAC on the server and disabled it. Now I have no issues. It is a small invite-only private server so not worried about cheaters/griefers. Tried re enabling EAC with A17 the same issue persists. :(

Quick question myself. What happened to the enemy HP bars? I was looking forward to them but they aren't there. I don't remember hearing about them being dropped. They a perk now, hopefully?

the EAC could be causing that? I'll need to try that one out, never have had that issue to never checked on it. I do the same, just play with I and a couple friends, and they don't even know how to use the console commands as is (not very tech savvy) so I'd never have to worry about it as is.

For the enemy hp bars, it's something used only for debugging purposes by the devs. You can get them to show up again. I'll have to find the post if someone doesn't know the issue. Something about turning on debug mode and then turn them on that way somehow, or by turning on god mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Got several hours in and I am really enjoying the game and the devs vision with all the changes. Early on I was critical of the health/stamina system but it has grown on me and can appreciate it more. I would like the devs to consider increasing the max health regen from bandages. It is currently too incremental and you must pop one after the other at times. This doesn’t feel natural.

Yeah, I can understand that. however, they are only 2 cloth. If you want, the xmls can be edited to make say a bandage heal 100 max health, but make it take 20 cloth to craft one. It'd even out, means only need to pop one, and still the same as making 10 bandages.

Yeah, I can understand that. however, they are only 2 cloth. If you want, the xmls can be edited to make say a bandage heal 100 max health, but make it take 20 cloth to craft one. It'd even out, means only need to pop one, and still the same as making 10 bandages.

Right. I've noticed an increase of cotton lying around. Doesn't take me long to farm up 80 cloth for bandages if I can't find a tent to scrap up.

Well.... I notice you need Stone to make Cement, but need Cement to make Stone... And you need those to make Cement. I haven't been able to figure that one out yet, lol. Then my game bugged to where I now need to make a new map. It's lovely, heh.

You smelt stone in the forge. Make cement in the forge. Mix cement with stone and sand in the cement mixer to make concrete mix.

Right. I've noticed an increase of cotton lying around. Doesn't take me long to farm up 80 cloth for bandages if I can't find a tent to scrap up.

I may do that. Make it give 250 max health, but take 50 cloth fragments to make it. Seems reasonable if it will bring you to max health even when maxed fortitude. Or I will go to recipes, copy and paste the bandage recipe, change the amounts for different max health and give them different names or something. Could there be a way to change recipes based on level? So like increase the amount needed and max hp given based on that Physician perk? Or just increase the max hp given per Physician perk (basically learning to apply bandages better)

You smelt stone in the forge. Make cement in the forge. Mix cement with stone and sand in the cement mixer to make concrete mix.

Hm, weird, wouldn't let me in the forge, so was thinking it wasn't supposed to be that way. Lol, maybe a bug I ran into for me oddly enough. I'll check with my new map I make next time I play and check that out. Be nice if it was just a weird bug for that save.

I seem to suck with sledge hammers, I can get the zombie down in 2-4 hits with it but I take a lot of zombie damage as well.

It's all about the timing. Also helps that it's range is closer to 2.5m I'd say and zombies are only 1.65m. I usually right click, wait till it's about to actually swing, step in, aim for head, make them go flying and step back. Once you learn those ranges, melee is actually very simple as Roland has said before. It's just all about learning the ranges, timing, and not getting surrounded. I've actually done melee more in A17E than I had this whole last year of playing A16.4. It's a lot simpler to me and just feels better, personally.

hmm, my Day 14 plans have hit a snag. Someone posted that you couldn't throw Molotovs "down". So tested & they're right.

Standing up 4 blocks the closest I could aim was 7 blocks out.

(in the pic I aimed for the birds nest)

A17-0-2018-11-26-09-05-19.jpg

A bit confused about the "Crude Wood Railing" vs. "Wood Railing". Can't make Crude ones in backpack, need the tablesaw.

But you can make the nice looking Wood Railings in backpack...

{could I politely suggest this gets switched?}

Unfortunately I need the Crude ones because you can shoot through those, but not the other ones.

A17-0-2018-11-26-09-17-15.jpg

A17-0-2018-11-26-09-18-01.jpg

I know the metal rails would be better but I used all my Iron for a pitiful few iron spikes and still have lots to do on the horde platform.

Not really expecting to live thru the day 14 horde since I've only hit lvl-31, so no concrete yet. But I've a couple ideas that may help :)

I tried crafting a tier 1 Helmet light schematic after buying the first rank of 'Yeah Science' perk, but I still cant do it in the workbench?

Is there something i'm missing or is the tooltip wrong?

so far as I can see, most of the mods are just missing at the progression.xml file atm

<perk name="perkYeahScience" parent="skillCraftsmanship" max_level="5" name_key="perkYeahScienceName" desc_key="perkYeahScienceDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_chemistry">

<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="6" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel6"/></level_requirements>

<level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="7" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel7"/></level_requirements>

<level_requirements level="3"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="8" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel8"/></level_requirements>

<level_requirements level="4"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="9" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel9"/></level_requirements>

<level_requirements level="5"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="10" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel10"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5"

tags="ammo9mmBullet,ammo44MagnumBullet,ammoShotgunShell,ammo762mmBulletFMJ,thrownAmmoPipeBomb,mineHubcap,mineCookingPot,modArmorScrapPlating,modArmorSpikedKnuckles,modArmorImprovedFittings,modGunScopeSmall,modArmorStoragePocket"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="2,5"

tags="thrownDynamite,ammo9mmBulletSteel,ammo44MagnumBulletSteel,ammo762mmBulletFMJSteel,ammoShotgunSlug,ammoArrowSteelAP,ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP,ammoArrowFlaming,mineAirFilter,resourceMilitaryFiber,modArmorDoubleStoragePocket,modMeleeFortifyingGrip,modArmorImpactBracing,modGunReflexSight;"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="3,5"

tags="ammoCrossbowBoltExploding,modArmorMuffledConnectors"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="4,5"

tags="resourceRocketTip,resourceRocketCasing,ammoRocketHE,ammoRocketFrag"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="5" />

<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank1Desc"/>

<effect_description level="2" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank2Desc"/>

<effect_description level="3" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank3Desc"/>

<effect_description level="4" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank4Desc"/>

<effect_description level="5" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank5Desc"/>

</effect_group>

</perk>

the red ones I added so far for my own usage, I add them as they occur to me, in the assumption the desc. is right.

You can found the names of the recipes in the items.xml both files are found in /7dtd/data/config

hmm, my Day 14 plans have hit a snag. Someone posted that you couldn't throw Molotovs "down". So tested & they're right.

Standing up 4 blocks the closest I could aim was 7 blocks out.

(in the pic I aimed for the birds nest)

A17-0-2018-11-26-09-05-19.jpg

A bit confused about the "Crude Wood Railing" vs. "Wood Railing". Can't make Crude ones in backpack, need the tablesaw.

But you can make the nice looking Wood Railings in backpack...

{could I politely suggest this gets switched?}

Unfortunately I need the Crude ones because you can shoot through those, but not the other ones.

A17-0-2018-11-26-09-17-15.jpg

A17-0-2018-11-26-09-18-01.jpg

I know the metal rails would be better but I used all my Iron for a pitiful few iron spikes and still have lots to do on the horde platform.

Not really expecting to live thru the day 14 horde since I've only hit lvl-31, so no concrete yet. But I've a couple ideas that may help :)

I notice that too, but I wasn't sure if it is me or game. 1+

Archived