Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Any intentions to work on horde night spawning? I can edit the XML, sure, but my first horde night with a friend stopped spawning any zombies after 11pm... zero spawns after that. Had to spawn in some packs just to have things to kill lol.

Any intentions to work on horde night spawning? I can edit the XML, sure, but my first horde night with a friend stopped spawning any zombies after 11pm... zero spawns after that. Had to spawn in some packs just to have things to kill lol.

Guppy made an awesome modlet for just that very thing

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94557-MODLET-Blood-Moon-Trickle

Guppy made an awesome modlet for just that very thing

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94557-MODLET-Blood-Moon-Trickle

Yeah that's why I said I can edit the XMLs, thanks for the link though :) I just feel as if it should be a standard thing in the game *shrug*. I see that complaint a lot, people wondering where the horde are, it could deter newer players looking for that 7 day challenge.

Hey do you think doing the same thing would work in 17? I havent had much of a chance to check the new XMLs out yet.

Yeah that's why I said I can edit the XMLs, thanks for the link though :) I just feel as if it should be a standard thing in the game *shrug*. I see that complaint a lot, people wondering where the horde are, it could deter newer players looking for that 7 day challenge.

Hey do you think doing the same thing would work in 17? I havent had much of a chance to check the new XMLs out yet.

I agree too. The trickle at the end has always been disappointing for me as well and I hope they do fix it.

It should work still doing it the old way, from what i can see in that modlet the structure has remained the same.

No problem :)

Note: Steel casings have a higher durability cost on the weapon, it will degrade faster.

Of course! Why not! Lol, I guess that's balancing right? It technically does solve the brass problem but at a price. I can't argue with that.

No definitive data sorry.

I assume it is per fall but have not tested anything.

Zombies take 50% fall damage capped at 33% of max health. Per fall.

@madmole; @faatal,

For the first time, my FPS dropped below 28 since lowering resolution... all the way down to 4-7 FPS.

I'm not sure the rhyme or reason, but I recently added a forge then later a workbench within a day of each other. Have used both with no issues. Suddenly, frame dropped. Shortly after I heard a wondering horde. Figured that was the cause. Dispatched the horde with a bit more challege chugging at the sluggish frame rates. FPS was still down! I was in the midst of building my bicycle (now completed), but nothing was currently being built when the lag hit. Rode my new bicycle away from my POI base and FPS was back up to 35-40. Once I came back to my base, FPS lowered, but not nearly as bad, 12-14.

Is there a known issue that would cause this?

It's takes a lot for me to stop playing this game, however, the fists, stone axe, and other tools swing incredibly slow. Or, more precisely, the time between each swing is severely delayed. It's absolutely infuriating. I used to love chipping away at stone and wood, no longer. Until it's fixed I can't play. On a separate note, I also can't play because when I enter a building with say, 20 - 30 Zeds, for example the hospital in Diresville, my FPS drops from 75 (I play on high settings) to 20 - 30. Even for an experimental build, let me tell you, I've been waiting patiently for a long, long time for this version. And frankly, it's time to work on optimisations isn't it. Even for people with 7th gen CPUs and GTX series GPUs, the stability is lacking and has been since 2013. It's such an incredible game, but little things are holding it back from reaching its true and rightful potential.

I'm pretty sure this is not caused because the code got slower, but because POIs having much more densely placed blocks and more zombies. I recall the old hospital had a lot of empty space and not that many detail blocks. We need additional optimizations like culling to try and get some of this performance back, which was lost to new content, not bad code.

No more pit of doom then. So far, no ways to really game the system from what I've seen. I like that.

I agree too. The trickle at the end has always been disappointing for me as well and I hope they do fix it.

It should work still doing it the old way, from what i can see in that modlet the structure has remained the same.

I noticed the trickle was in there on Monday. We discussed and it was removed in b198.

The tags for Flurry of blows is “melee,light”. The question is whether they are doing an “and” or “or” comparison in the code.

<effect_group>

<requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="melee,light" has_all_tags="true"/>

I noticed the trickle was in there on Monday. We discussed and it was removed in b198.

My hero! I have not gotten to a horde night yet on 199. Thank you for that. You guys are slamming it out of the park. This has been the most amazing experience in Alpha since I picked this game up. You and the team did a really great job, just wanted to stress that even through some of my grumblings before release.

It was well worth the wait.

@madmole; @faatal,

For the first time, my FPS dropped below 28 since lowering resolution... all the way down to 4-7 FPS.

I'm not sure the rhyme or reason, but I recently added a forge then later a workbench within a day of each other. Have used both with no issues. Suddenly, frame dropped. Shortly after I heard a wondering horde. Figured that was the cause. Dispatched the horde with a bit more challege chugging at the sluggish frame rates. FPS was still down! I was in the midst of building my bicycle (now completed), but nothing was currently being built when the lag hit. Rode my new bicycle away from my POI base and FPS was back up to 35-40. Once I came back to my base, FPS lowered, but not nearly as bad, 12-14.

Is there a known issue that would cause this?

I don't know of anything that would cause that. I'd try exiting and running the game again. Next a PC reboot.

My hero! I have not gotten to a horde night yet on 199. Thank you for that. You guys are slamming it out of the park. This has been the most amazing experience in Alpha since I picked this game up. You and the team did a really great job, just wanted to stress that even through some of my grumblings before release.

It was well worth the wait.

I also updated the logging, so it is very clear what group it is on, the counts, what zombies spawned, etc. You can't debug well with poor information.

• Like 1

Nice -- I'll prob do the changes here soon and I'll report if it doesnt work. Yeah.. lol. Granted the AI on the ones that did swarm in certainly did a number on the house haha. Smart little buggers, they are. They even bypassed a 3-stack door airlock by going through the walls on the side. Still, my friend and I were sitting there at night walking around looking for the hordes... eventually frowns on our faces. All those arrows gathered and ammo bought from the traders went unused for a couple hours haha.

@Fatal or whom it may concern

The Tree Graphic setting affects the LOD distance on the player crafted wood window. It could be other items as well. Lower tree settings will cause said window to disappear at only a few feet in front of you- higher tree settings will just increase the distance before it disappears.

So have like a stair stepper kind of pit fall, hehe. Or have it drop them once, follow you up a ramp, drop to another, follow to last, drop. Dead. That'd... take some work and making sure zombies don't dig... hehe

My friend on a dedicated server has a problem where he can't open chests or anything else anymore. He was doing a quest with me and he was inside the building when I started the quest. After that he was not able to open anything. He tried logging out and back again, he tried starting the game again too. Please help:upset:

I don't know of anything that would cause that. I'd try exiting and running the game again. Next a PC reboot.

That did the trick. I just exited the game for a bit. Thanks!

Update - Everything is fine, but my storage containers are back to being low res. Seems to happen from time to time. No biggie.

Reviews for 7 Days (last 30 days) just went up from 62% positive to 76% positive :)

The improved score is well deserved. Playing "Dead is Dead" the game is scary now and exciting! There are places I just don't go, just like in New York City at night. :)

That its not yet at 100% is also well deserved. Poor game balance, restrictive play (you MUST kill zombies) and poor rng mixer.

That the problems will be resolved is also a certainty as we're talking about TFP. They have never let us down.

The trickle is gone but the spawn still stops. Just finished the first horde night with my son earlier and not a single zombie spawned after midnight.

Playing since 2013 and this is your first post ? WOW...

I'm pretty sure this is not caused because the code got slower, but because POIs having much more densely placed blocks and more zombies. I recall the old hospital had a lot of empty space and not that many detail blocks. We need additional optimizations like culling to try and get some of this performance back, which was lost to new content, not bad code.

Thanks Faatal. I understand. Please note that FPS drops occur significantly anywhere on the map when the Zed count increases to ~20 or more in a concentrated area (e.g. horde nights being a prime example). This feeling is shared/experienced by many players, not just me. Obviously FPS drops are to be expected, however it has been somewhat of an issue even in previous iterations. I look forward to the day that the game runs consistently smoothly, within reason, and without expecting perfection from the end of the consumer. I'm sure it's nothing to do with code, only new content and AI tracking systems etc. Also, please work out fixing the speed with which the stone axe delays/pauses between swings!!

The improved score is well deserved. Playing "Dead is Dead" the game is scary now and exciting! There are places I just don't go, just like in New York City at night. :)

That its not yet at 100% is also well deserved. Poor game balance, restrictive play (you MUST kill zombies) and poor rng mixer.

That the problems will be resolved is also a certainty as we're talking about TFP. They have never let us down.

Well, you would kill the hordes as is, blood moon hordes, and all the zombies in POIs that I go in to loot. I've not once had to track down zombies for lvls, I get them as I play. Doesn't seem that restricting to me. Now if you are the person to build only, don't do any clearing of POIs and try to avoid zombies at all costs, then yeah, I can see it restricting. Thing is, that really hinders even building since you need to get things from POIs to get higher.

Noted, don't cut through your farm on a damn bicycle unless you want to lose your crops lol. Not shooting for reality in the game huh? I beg to differ. Serves me right I guess... Gotta learn the new rules some how.

Edit -

WTF... Don't try to park your bike on a hill either. A ghost will start joyriding while you run behind to try to catch it. Is this for real? Comical and frustrating at the same time.

Edited by CplCritter (see edit history)