Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

BTW I am enjoying the game in a 17 overall. Just wanted to mention that in with my attempted constructive criticism.

Game has bugs and balance to work out but it's feeling pretty good.

The concept of requiring level 100 (max level)

Only as information ^^

<progression>
<level max_level="300" exp_to_level="9545" experience_multiplier="1.0149" skill_points_per_level="1">

Are we getting a fix for the invincible soldiers in the next beta build? Thats the only thing thats preventing my group from starting a server right now. Since we'll be discovering those in the first bigger structure we'll loot.

But they're not.. you're supposed to headshot them.

- - - Updated - - -

Fix is coming. In b201 I tested it and they took damage with every weapon I used.

You should keep em the way they are it's osom. ;d

Or at least make their chest invulerable. Shooting their leg off or headshotting would be a neat tactic of dispatch.

Btw @ the people who got "Ninjaspawns"

Did you ever checked the upper story first ?

Zombies fall down sometimes

I enter pois, sneak a bit and silent kill what i see.

Then i go out and punch a few times against a block with my axe, or shoot the last Zombie with a Gun

And suddenly it rains more zombies i can kill outside

Where is my new map? You guys have had a full 5 days to create new maps. How long are your maps going to be in alpha? When is the release date of the next map? When can I get your map on console? Will your map run on my 386 with 4k of memory? Can I mod your map? Can you release the psd of your map before its out so I can mod the things I don't like about it? Can I see the release notes at least so I can read them while your map is downloading? Will your map fit in my recycle bin if I don't like it?

Soon...I dont give release dates

Edited by Ouch Quit It (see edit history)

I have to make a choice.. it's difficult..

A) Full textures, low shadows, 1280*720 resolution.. Playing with an FPS of 15 inside buildings (sometimes as low as 12), or

B) Half textures, no shadows, 1280*720 resolution.. Having an increase of 2-3 FPS compared with A, but the game doesn't look as atmospheric anymore, or

C) Full textures, low shadows, 800*600 resolution.. Having an average of 30-35 FPS, but the obviously smaller screen..

What would you guys do? Honest question.

Take my glasses off for free anti aliasing and 3d motion blur.

Considering how much you hyped the weapon and armour mod system, kinda a shame that players have to wait to get to such a high level before they get to appreciate and enjoy it...

I guess delayed gratification isn't your thing? You wanted the build last year and now you want end game already?

I've noticed that my mouse feels laggy even when my FPS is high. One odd thing is this always was the case when reflections in the game was on. The game just was never as smooth with reflections on even when the frame rate was high. I noticed in this current build that even though I have reflections disabled - they still appear to be some sort of reflection active on a lot of the textures. Trash cans for example still behave as though reflections are active. It's worse indoors when there's lots of textures that have reflection mapping like mirrors and appliances...i can have 60+ fps in those scenes but my input feels much choppier.

Thats not true. I'm going to start scolding people who misquote me. There are a COUPLE of mining tool mods just not enough to fill a pickaxe completely full of mods.

Will all due respect Joel, I didn't say that there were no mods for mining tools, I said there were no damage mods. I've looked at the XML files and didn't see any block damage mods for mining tools. The balance pass and new mods is my opinion based on the totality of comments you've made in this thread

With respect to mining, here's the quote I was referring to: "we don't have a full suite of mining mods yet so you can't maximize damage yet on pickaxes." Based on the current state of mining late game I figured damage mods would be added. Maybe this was just wishful thinking on my part.

Where is my new map? You guys have had a full 5 days to create new maps. How long are your maps going to be in alpha? When is the release date of the next map? When can I get your map on console? Will your map run on my 386 with 4k of memory? Can I mod your map? Can you release the psd of your map before its out so I can mod the things I don't like about it? Can I see the release notes at least so I can read them while your map is downloading? Will your map fit in my recycle bin if I don't like it?

How many you want? I have 5 of them ready to go.. Oh! You were being sarcastic :playful:

edit: and it's not because I don't like the current map. I just like making them.

• Like 1

Any one come across a screamer in alpha 17

Had three in less than 1 game day. One right before 2200, where they chased me out of my forge house base. 2 deaths. Then 2 more later in the day. BTW. The forge was not on. The campfire was. What fun!

Edited by BayouMac (see edit history)

My pickaxe is faster than ♥♥♥♥.

It's definitely broken for me. While recreating the test to record it though I found an even worse offender as far as weak tools go. Wrecking Crew is also bugged.

Flurry of Blows bug with pickaxe -

Wrecking Crew bug with fire axe -

Makes me wonder if other perks are also not working correctly for tools.

@SxR - Mind seeing if you also experience this since we seem to be running into the same issues?

Always? I only meant until we have time to fix it.

Just ignore him, MM. Let your fanboys take care of him. That’s what we’re here for after all. :p

Btw @ the people who got "Ninjaspawns"

Did you ever checked the upper story first ?

Zombies fall down sometimes

I enter pois, sneak a bit and silent kill what i see.

Then i go out and punch a few times against a block with my axe, or shoot the last Zombie with a Gun

And suddenly it rains more zombies i can kill outside

Yeh, I'm on a 1k lan with 3'/switch/15' to my dedi. It happens, especially if you gangbust into a poi. That's not even my issue; lag I expect. What I don't like (personally) is the ones that move in the volumes where a single volume spans several rooms.

Is the polymer string schematic broken? I have all the ingredients, a working workbench, and unlocked the forge weapon crafting, but the workbench says I still don't know the recipe.

Quick question. Im I missing some thing or is growing plants gated to lvl 20 when we can make iron tools?

Else we have to pray to RNG gods for hoe in loot or Trader?

Quick question.

With the blocks being moved to the texture array and the texture array being data we cant access, will you be providing a way to easily add new paints?

Mods like Medimod changed ~54 of the block textures.

Currently, I guess, we are going to have to add new blocks/textures via the usual external unity3d method, but that will come at a perf hit because its not in the array.

Is it possible that if the game finds the same file name it can sideload over the top like bethsoft titles?

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

I've noticed that my mouse feels laggy even when my FPS is high. One odd thing is this always was the case when reflections in the game was on. The game just was never as smooth with reflections on even when the frame rate was high. I noticed in this current build that even though I have reflections disabled - they still appear to be some sort of reflection active on a lot of the textures. Trash cans for example still behave as though reflections are active. It's worse indoors when there's lots of textures that have reflection mapping like mirrors and appliances...i can have 60+ fps in those scenes but my input feels much choppier.

Myself and others on our MP server have noticed the same thing. Someone aptly put it as "feeling syrupy". I was wondering if they've got mouse acceleration enabled and haven't added a menu item to shut it off...

We'll have to keep an eye on it, since not too many people have reported the issue apparently.

-A

Is the polymer string schematic broken? I have all the ingredients, a working workbench, and unlocked the forge weapon crafting, but the workbench says I still don't know the recipe.

Yeah Science Lvl 3 required for crafting, it works tho.

Is anyone else getting hit by invisible zombies? Couple of times now I could hear a zombie but not see it and then I would get hit. I ran back onto the base and waited a minute and that seemed to be the end of it. Never filed a bug report as servertools and csmm have been added. Am not sure if they were added first time it happened though.

Quick question. Im I missing some thing or is growing plants gated to lvl 20 when we can make iron tools?

Else we have to pray to RNG gods for hoe in loot or Trader?

lvl 30

How many you want? I have 5 of them ready to go.. Oh! You were being sarcastic :playful:

edit: and it's not because I don't like the current map. I just like making them.

Can you design a random world similar to A16.. where there is actual randomness.. some water.. some hills.. and cities with skyscrapers :)

I guess delayed gratification isn't your thing? You wanted the build last year and now you want end game already?

I wasnt aware weapon mods in this alpha were endgame items, guess I will just keep the masses of moddable weapons that drop at level 1...