Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Has anyone else had any connection issues with multiplayer games? Me and 2 friends tried playing the other night with max players set to 8 but it would only let 2 of us in at a time and the other would just sit on the "connecting to [username]" screen. All of us are updated to the latest patch and we tried it in different combinations which each of us hosting so we know it wasn't just one of us having the problem.

is there ever going to be a fix for windows and doors not blocking outdoor weather effects or temps

i still have to stand in the middle of my little shack. if I stand next to the door or the wood windows it's like standing outside.

even standing under a hatch that leads to the outside

it seems the wandering hordes have learned a new trick.

in a16 they would spawn in and walk a straight line to your last known location. if they didnt see you, would continue that path till despawn.

last night I saw one coming and ran before they saw me. hid behind a tree that was almost out of render so I could watch them, wait till they leave and go back to collecting rock. Nope. They stoped about 10m past where i was then began to spread out like they were looking for me.

not sure if bugged or working as intended but it's a game changer.

no more wait them out.

now its engage or gtfo

yup, same here. they hanging around and you need to kill them i hate and love it same time.... more like love, makes game more fun

Hey I've got a question. What are those pigs? They spawn randomly on buildings... Sometimes they dissapear and they spawn again in random place in the same building... They are always in 2-3 groups. They don't attack unless you attack them first. They are ugly and annoying. Screenshot below.

18670254497119396177.jpg

They seem to have a hard time 'escaping' from tents...

They stack up rather nicely (2 across, 2 high) on small garages. (And seem a little afraid to come down...)

And (IMHO) are easily worth their 1500 Exp.

(As opposed to snakes, which area meager 170 Exp.)

(And yep, I haven't complained because I know fully well all of that well get balanced better...)

Where is my new map? You guys have had a full 5 days to create new maps. How long are your maps going to be in alpha? When is the release date of the next map? When can I get your map on console? Will your map run on my 386 with 4k of memory? Can I mod your map? Can you release the psd of your map before its out so I can mod the things I don't like about it? Can I see the release notes at least so I can read them while your map is downloading? Will your map fit in my recycle bin if I don't like it?

What? Huh? Could you please repeat yourself a few more times? maybe I'll get it on the 3rd or fourth try...

(btw - your response is the reason i have learned to avoid the sound of my own voice sometimes. Thank you Madmole.)

(Sorry for the three in a row. 'Had' to have dinner with the wife and re-getting caught up...)

Even when taking time out from A17 to watch a movie with the wife, I am constantly thinking about A17!

So, I wuz thinkin about FallOut and it's 'SPECIAL'. 7D2D's is PSFAI. PSFAI? Piss Fy? Piss Fay?

Re-acronomizing you can legitly come up with IFASP or ASPIF.

Mnemonically, I believe SAFPI is kinda cool. As in:

In 7D2d A17, always remember: SAFPI should always come first!

:smile-new:

alright, i met those big scary greenish pigs, found safe way to shoot and i had to put 24 arrows in its head and 2 went in body... holy hellpig.... but it gave so much meat. i was almost starving to death, since i had not seen any animals past 3 days and farming is not up yet. worth to risk, but play safe :)

can anyone tell me how to edit the sounds in game so I can cut the chainsaw sound by 60% so my ears dont bleed and I dont have to keep messing with the volume while streaming on twitch

Just in case you do not even know how to get to it I will type the pathway

Local disk © /program files(x86) /Steam /steamapps /common /7daystodie /Data /Config

Find sounds.

From here left click 1 time to highlight than right click go to (open with) you can use notepad -wordpad -or even the internet explorer.

once in this file click the edit in top left then click find type chainsaw hit next it will bring you directly to it... scroll down to next line change volume from 11 to 4 or 5. you can now either click file and than save top left again.... or it should ask you to save it when you hit the X to escape say yes. Your done go enjoy less noise.

Just in case you do not even know how to get to it I will type the pathway

Local disk © /program files(x86) /Steam /steamapps /common /7daystodie /Data /Config

Find sounds.

From here left click 1 time to highlight than right click go to (open with) you can use notepad -wordpad -or even the internet explorer.

once in this file click the edit in top left then click find type chainsaw hit next it will bring you directly to it... scroll down to next line change volume from 11 to 4 or 5. you can now either click file and than save top left again.... or it should ask you to save it when you hit the X to escape say yes. Your done go enjoy less noise.

thanks

there are more that one sound settings for the chainsaw

start and rev were both set to 60

lowered both to 30 and will try that out to see if I like it

just wondering though if changing the volume this way also affects how the zeds hear it. I dont want to change the gameplay I just dont want to blow out my headphones since I play at high volume so I can hear the footsteps and also its annoying as hell when you have to yell over the sound while talkin to people on your stream. the viewers also complain that they have to keep messing with the volume when you use it.

Not certain however I don't think those perks work with tools, only weapons..

Although I don't recall my Hammer swinging faster, either.

Surprised your Axe hits that hard, actually.. mine doesn't.

The Fireaxe and Pickaxes have a 'medium' tag in the xml, and Flurry of Blows only affects melee weapons with the 'light' tag.

thanks

there are more that one sound settings for the chainsaw

start and rev were both set to 60

lowered both to 30 and will try that out to see if I like it

just wondering though if changing the volume this way also affects how the zeds hear it. I dont want to change the gameplay I just dont want to blow out my headphones since I play at high volume so I can hear the footsteps and also its annoying as hell when you have to yell over the sound while talkin to people on your stream. the viewers also complain that they have to keep messing with the volume when you use it.

yeah now that I looked again I see the 4 different sounds.......sorry I never really messed with it before.

AS long as you do not change the Range number it should attract them from the same amount of distance.

By memory its capped at 33% of their health.

yeah, that and something to do with 50%, forgot where that fell into it though. Mainly a way to get rid of pit traps just killing all blood moon hordes easily late game. I liked that change, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

could we get some kind of warning before you reset the xml files

I had it modded so I get jars back from consuming food and nwt they are all reset

I find so many, not to mention Bacon and Eggs don't use bottled water and it's great. 1 of those fills me up every time, and with the perk, haha. And expect any kind of xml change for every build, best way to think of it for experimental.

could we get some kind of warning before you reset the xml files

I had it modded so I get jars back from consuming food and nwt they are all reset

If you see an update, that's your warning.

Also... Use xpath and the mods folder, and never worry about it again...

By memory its capped at 33% of their health.

Do you know if that's capped, or has a time buff that protects from consecutive falls? Say I build a two tier fall platform, or add some gables or something halfway down so they hit them then walk off again: 100*.33= 33*.33=10.8 final hp. Haven't been able to test it, maybe someone else has?

Do you know if that's capped, or has a time buff that protects from consecutive falls? Say I build a two tier fall platform, or add some gables or something halfway down so they hit them then walk off again: 100*.33= 33*.33=10.8 final hp. Haven't been able to test it, maybe someone else has?

No definitive data sorry.

I assume it is per fall but have not tested anything.

Archived