Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Quick question.

With the blocks being moved to the texture array and the texture array being data we cant access, will you be providing a way to easily add new paints?

Mods like Medimod changed ~54 of the block textures.

Currently, I guess, we are going to have to add new blocks/textures via the usual external unity3d method, but that will come at a perf hit because its not in the array.

Is it possible that if the game finds the same file name it can sideload over the top like bethsoft titles?

I've noticed that my mouse feels laggy even when my FPS is high. One odd thing is this always was the case when reflections in the game was on. The game just was never as smooth with reflections on even when the frame rate was high. I noticed in this current build that even though I have reflections disabled - they still appear to be some sort of reflection active on a lot of the textures. Trash cans for example still behave as though reflections are active. It's worse indoors when there's lots of textures that have reflection mapping like mirrors and appliances...i can have 60+ fps in those scenes but my input feels much choppier.

Myself and others on our MP server have noticed the same thing. Someone aptly put it as "feeling syrupy". I was wondering if they've got mouse acceleration enabled and haven't added a menu item to shut it off...

We'll have to keep an eye on it, since not too many people have reported the issue apparently.

-A

Is anyone else getting hit by invisible zombies? Couple of times now I could hear a zombie but not see it and then I would get hit. I ran back onto the base and waited a minute and that seemed to be the end of it. Never filed a bug report as servertools and csmm have been added. Am not sure if they were added first time it happened though.

How many you want? I have 5 of them ready to go.. Oh! You were being sarcastic :playful:

edit: and it's not because I don't like the current map. I just like making them.

Can you design a random world similar to A16.. where there is actual randomness.. some water.. some hills.. and cities with skyscrapers :)

I guess delayed gratification isn't your thing? You wanted the build last year and now you want end game already?

I wasnt aware weapon mods in this alpha were endgame items, guess I will just keep the masses of moddable weapons that drop at level 1...

I wasnt aware weapon mods in this alpha were endgame items, guess I will just keep the masses of moddable weapons that drop at level 1...

Yeah, to craft them you need to be like lvl 40 with Yeah Science 1. And that's just for tier 1 schematics. Mod drops is rare, I'm day 11 in, lvl 33 and only have had 1 mod drop.

- - - Updated - - -

The unlock is missing from progression.xml. Know bug, listed in patch notes.

Well dang... was wanting to use the wedge instead of the ramp..... haha, oh well

Where is my new map? You guys have had a full 5 days to create new maps. How long are your maps going to be in alpha? When is the release date of the next map? When can I get your map on console? Will your map run on my 386 with 4k of memory? Can I mod your map? Can you release the psd of your map before its out so I can mod the things I don't like about it? Can I see the release notes at least so I can read them while your map is downloading? Will your map fit in my recycle bin if I don't like it?

Hahahahaha, that must of felt soooooo good.

On a serious note, im with guppy. I am super excited for this change. Not sure if I will ever have the time but I want to recreate the walking dead geography and create custom questline that will recreate some of the conflicts in that story and then also create my own. :)

Yeah, to craft them you need to be like lvl 40 with Yeah Science 1. And that's just for tier 1 schematics. Mod drops is rare, I'm day 11 in, lvl 33 and only have had 1 mod drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Well dang... was wanting to use the wedge instead of the ramp..... haha, oh well

Easy fix locally tho, just add tableSaw to the appropriate perk unlock :) will be fixed next build anyway I assume.

I don't know what we be done about them. Maybe a 2x2 or 3x3 sized grid. Then problem then becomes you have millions of combinations of blocks inside that grid cell with all kinds of partial block combinations. Oh wait, I forgot that A* code will just magically work. I can take a nap now.

Lots of back seat developers, just shrug them off. We appreciate you. :p

It's definitely broken for me. While recreating the test to record it though I found an even worse offender as far as weak tools go. Wrecking Crew is also bugged.

Flurry of Blows bug with pickaxe -

Wrecking Crew bug with fire axe -

Makes me wonder if other perks are also not working correctly for tools.

@SxR - Mind seeing if you also experience this since we seem to be running into the same issues?

Not certain however I don't think those perks work with tools, only weapons..

Although I don't recall my Hammer swinging faster, either.

Surprised your Axe hits that hard, actually.. mine doesn't.

it seems the wandering hordes have learned a new trick.

in a16 they would spawn in and walk a straight line to your last known location. if they didnt see you, would continue that path till despawn.

last night I saw one coming and ran before they saw me. hid behind a tree that was almost out of render so I could watch them, wait till they leave and go back to collecting rock. Nope. They stoped about 10m past where i was then began to spread out like they were looking for me.

not sure if bugged or working as intended but it's a game changer.

no more wait them out.

now its engage or gtfo

Thats awesome I need to try a molotov or try an explosive build and just lay land mines near the loot rooms and just sit back and smoke my ahnold cigar as I blow dem to hell.

It's one of those easily overlooked awkward weapons that only work in certain situations, but end up being perfect and without compare when employed properly. Think most people avoid them from traumatically bad experience, usually the enthusiastic war cry of a first use throw starts all super confident, like they pulled out some secret weapon, and ends with 180 pitch reversal in scream tone as they become their own toasty victim, running around in a flaming circle of WTF did I just do to MYSELF. They are hella risky, very easy to ♥♥♥♥ up a toss, but usually for a simple overlooked reason like just not throwing them far enough and/or hitting that one enemy who is closer than the rest, or the wall you're hiding behind, etc, causing the AOE centerpoint to be much, much, closer than intended. Having the high ground helps avoid those errors significantly.

Although it is more than worth perfecting by learning the hard way a few roasty times to get the feel for it, I also discovered a huge antidote in the 7DTD mechanics: chug a jar o' water. If you do, most likely, join the hot party, just have a drink and it stops, barely singing you while staring the others down over your aqua jar as they melt into an XP cascade in the corner. It does take some patience, and the sacrifice of a holy backpack slot, but you can craft them quite easily, even early game. Perfect for quick wandering horde disposal(I usually run through and get them all clumped together), and, if you actually remember to make the damn things, your new best friend every 7th day. Those it doesn't flat out kill usually get reduced to casual one shots, so it can save you a ton of BM night ammo if nothing else. The hardest part is probably having the restraint NOT to use one unless the right condition presents itself.

Mines I have not tried, yet, but if/when I find the cigar I hope that reminds me to engage in yet another high-risk/high-reward pyrotechnique for rapid Z disposal. Some icing for that cake would be having the forethought to precraft and dedicate yet another slot for a leather couch to plop down and perch upon while grinning through the thick smoke at your explohsive ahhhsomeniss.

Hahahahaha, that must of felt soooooo good.

On a serious note, im with guppy. I am super excited for this change. Not sure if I will ever have the time but I want to recreate the walking dead geography and create custom questline that will recreate some of the conflicts in that story and then also create my own. :)

We all will hold you to this even if we all have to call your boss to give you enough time off of work lol....

We have now locked in you doing this mod btw.....we expects the precious

Archived