Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Down in a blaze of glory, only way to go really. Thanks for that visual, also nice to know I am not alone in such fates. And as fate would have it, I was just wrapping up a brutal POI, nice juicy loot rooms got me a bit encumbered, so naturally I heard a chorus of footsteps and moaning as I began heading for the exit(for a second I really thought you sent them, somehow.) Fashionably late, but as you said never wanting to miss a good party. A second of panic as I realized I had just spent all my AK ammo, crushing my dream of any Carl Weathers style ending... then I realized I still had 2 molotovs:D So this time THEY went out in a blaze of glory, and I limped slowly home with lootiful grin, albeit a slightly singed one because of course I set my self on fire too.

Thats awesome I need to try a molotov or try an explosive build and just lay land mines near the loot rooms and just sit back and smoke my ahnold cigar as I blow dem to hell.

According to Joel, there are no damage mods for mining yet. Based on other comments he's made I expect a large balance pass and some new mods to be added during experimental.

Thats not true. I'm going to start scolding people who misquote me. There are a COUPLE of mining tool mods just not enough to fill a pickaxe completely full of mods.

Yeh we were able to nail the 5 zbears because they insisited on going between a lamppost and a corner of the gas station, getting stuck and unable to swipe... I'm guessing you'd need a separate pathing system for them to be "right"?

If so, is that in the cards?

I don't know what we be done about them. Maybe a 2x2 or 3x3 sized grid. Then problem then becomes you have millions of combinations of blocks inside that grid cell with all kinds of partial block combinations. Oh wait, I forgot that A* code will just magically work. I can take a nap now.

Sorry for some reason it won't let me post a screen shot but here are my settings:

DISPLAY:

Resolution 1920 x 1080 (16:9)

Fullscreen Yes

Vsync Off

Gamma 57%

QUALITY:

Anti-Aliasing - NO

Texture Quality - Quarter

UMA Texture Quality - Middle

Reflection Quality - Off

Reflected Shadows - NO

Shadows Distance - Off

Water Quality - High

Water Particles - 0%

View Distance - Medium

LOD Distance 40%

Tree Quality - Middle

Grass Distance - Normal

Motion Blurr - Off

SSAD - NO

Depth of Field - NO

Sunshafts - NO

Also my FPS is a lot less than A16, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:smile-new:

We had this problem on one of our machines. Updating the video drivers resolved the plastic texture issue.

Ooh, can you adjust the collider size during a turn?

Changing colliders sizes is possible, but when do you change it? As they turn, they may or may not bump into something. That something could be you, so mesh clipping through your camera or a wall, so head goes inside wall or door (ugly), then when you go to increases the size? If it interpenetrates from increase, then possible bad physics reaction or Physx (Unity used middleware???) may have overhead from the change.

Max level is 300, you have 12 points left over with every perk (by memory).

O really?

I must have missed that part. Ok then that solves the leveling problem. You have to grind to get 20 and iron tools, as long as you can kill zombies and level up all you want that's vaid design.

Why is ninjaspawning still in game? It's been an entire year since A16, and zombies still spawn behind you inside POI's. multiple times on ocasion,

Is this an server communication bug? Where it sometimes connects and spawns them on entering, and sometimes goes TADA zombie teleport!

These critical bugs alongside with ghost hits, should be prio 1. But they come back every other alpha.

Batman,

I've never seen this on SP or local net MP games.

I said this 2 days ago:

"That could literally be lag. You send a pos update to server, delay, server spawns based on your position and tells client, delay, the client has continued to move and is in a new position, client spawns, you see.

This is all a fine balance between, latency, settings and performance impact, which we will need to continue to tweak. In a perfect world, the whole POI would spawn, before you got near it, but big POIs with all those spawned zombies would hurt FPS. I am making a few tweaks of values now, that might help."

It would be an interesting test, to spawn dark smoke where a zombie will be when you get near a POI, then replace with a zombie when it spawns and then see how many people see the dark smoke, meaning the spawn was delayed.

Are we getting a fix for the invincible soldiers in the next beta build? Thats the only thing thats preventing my group from starting a server right now. Since we'll be discovering those in the first bigger structure we'll loot.

But they're not.. you're supposed to headshot them.

- - - Updated - - -

Fix is coming. In b201 I tested it and they took damage with every weapon I used.

You should keep em the way they are it's osom. ;d

Or at least make their chest invulerable. Shooting their leg off or headshotting would be a neat tactic of dispatch.

Btw @ the people who got "Ninjaspawns"

Did you ever checked the upper story first ?

Zombies fall down sometimes

I enter pois, sneak a bit and silent kill what i see.

Then i go out and punch a few times against a block with my axe, or shoot the last Zombie with a Gun

And suddenly it rains more zombies i can kill outside

Where is my new map? You guys have had a full 5 days to create new maps. How long are your maps going to be in alpha? When is the release date of the next map? When can I get your map on console? Will your map run on my 386 with 4k of memory? Can I mod your map? Can you release the psd of your map before its out so I can mod the things I don't like about it? Can I see the release notes at least so I can read them while your map is downloading? Will your map fit in my recycle bin if I don't like it?

Soon...I dont give release dates

I have to make a choice.. it's difficult..

A) Full textures, low shadows, 1280*720 resolution.. Playing with an FPS of 15 inside buildings (sometimes as low as 12), or

B) Half textures, no shadows, 1280*720 resolution.. Having an increase of 2-3 FPS compared with A, but the game doesn't look as atmospheric anymore, or

C) Full textures, low shadows, 800*600 resolution.. Having an average of 30-35 FPS, but the obviously smaller screen..

What would you guys do? Honest question.

Take my glasses off for free anti aliasing and 3d motion blur.

Considering how much you hyped the weapon and armour mod system, kinda a shame that players have to wait to get to such a high level before they get to appreciate and enjoy it...

I guess delayed gratification isn't your thing? You wanted the build last year and now you want end game already?

I've noticed that my mouse feels laggy even when my FPS is high. One odd thing is this always was the case when reflections in the game was on. The game just was never as smooth with reflections on even when the frame rate was high. I noticed in this current build that even though I have reflections disabled - they still appear to be some sort of reflection active on a lot of the textures. Trash cans for example still behave as though reflections are active. It's worse indoors when there's lots of textures that have reflection mapping like mirrors and appliances...i can have 60+ fps in those scenes but my input feels much choppier.

Thats not true. I'm going to start scolding people who misquote me. There are a COUPLE of mining tool mods just not enough to fill a pickaxe completely full of mods.

Will all due respect Joel, I didn't say that there were no mods for mining tools, I said there were no damage mods. I've looked at the XML files and didn't see any block damage mods for mining tools. The balance pass and new mods is my opinion based on the totality of comments you've made in this thread

With respect to mining, here's the quote I was referring to: "we don't have a full suite of mining mods yet so you can't maximize damage yet on pickaxes." Based on the current state of mining late game I figured damage mods would be added. Maybe this was just wishful thinking on my part.

Where is my new map? You guys have had a full 5 days to create new maps. How long are your maps going to be in alpha? When is the release date of the next map? When can I get your map on console? Will your map run on my 386 with 4k of memory? Can I mod your map? Can you release the psd of your map before its out so I can mod the things I don't like about it? Can I see the release notes at least so I can read them while your map is downloading? Will your map fit in my recycle bin if I don't like it?

How many you want? I have 5 of them ready to go.. Oh! You were being sarcastic :playful:

edit: and it's not because I don't like the current map. I just like making them.

My pickaxe is faster than ♥♥♥♥.

It's definitely broken for me. While recreating the test to record it though I found an even worse offender as far as weak tools go. Wrecking Crew is also bugged.

Flurry of Blows bug with pickaxe -

Wrecking Crew bug with fire axe -

Makes me wonder if other perks are also not working correctly for tools.

@SxR - Mind seeing if you also experience this since we seem to be running into the same issues?

Btw @ the people who got "Ninjaspawns"

Did you ever checked the upper story first ?

Zombies fall down sometimes

I enter pois, sneak a bit and silent kill what i see.

Then i go out and punch a few times against a block with my axe, or shoot the last Zombie with a Gun

And suddenly it rains more zombies i can kill outside

Yeh, I'm on a 1k lan with 3'/switch/15' to my dedi. It happens, especially if you gangbust into a poi. That's not even my issue; lag I expect. What I don't like (personally) is the ones that move in the volumes where a single volume spans several rooms.

Archived