Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Could it be possible to spawn items with random mods already attached? This will definitely add a variety.

On the subject of mods, one thing would be awesome is a way to see all available mods that apply to the specific item.

Its supposed to be implemented that way but I've yet to find any guns with installed mods yet.

Come to think of it, I've only found 1 mod in ~15 hour of game-play. Maybe they are too powerful for early game? Have you considered giving the mods a quality level and making them more abundant early game? Just a thought.

They are in the good loot but are supposed to be kind of rare. I'm level 45 and have found around 5 mods.

Really -low- RAM use??

Just noticed that 7DaysToDie.exe is only using 3.5 GBs. wth? I know w 16.4 mods it would use 9 GB +.

Running Win7 64bit, the 7dtd Launcher has a button to change to 32-bit. Did all the steps for a clean install of A17e, so -should- be 64-bit...

Log has this; "INF Version: Alpha 17 (b199) Compatibility Version: Alpha 17, Build: Windows 64 Bit". So looks like it's running the 64-bit game.

That ~3.5 GB RAM peak usage makes me wonder if it got complied w/for 32-bit memory?

If so.., well, don't want to jump to any conclusions or get hopes up, but that would certainly hit the performance :) Anyone seeing more than 4 GBs ram usage?

No we have texture streaming so enjoy. We have optimized memory, but cpu and gpu, and tons of other stuff needs improved yet.

Unfortunately it does not change the percentage of zombies within the POIs as they still contain a LOT of zombies. I roughly kill around 20 zombies each POI and as a solo player and while its great for XP, its not so great that is all I can do, until I get killed when a zombie or vulture literally spawns behind or above me.

With alpha 17 it has changed it greatly from a MP or SP to now geared towards MP, which makes it a lot tougher for solo players.

+1

I am playing in "hardcore" (death = deletion of the file) in solo, and oh my god this is way harder than before. I am playing really safe, I usualy don't search for zombies and try to avoid vultures but before the 7th night, I had already 212 kills. There are a lot of vultures and they are reallt annoying.

We honestly don't know what it will take to stop the hordes. Obviously a combination of traps, bullets and base design. I plan on playing a lot of hours this build and get a good grasp on the late game feel and balance. A16 was end game at day 30 or less for me, I built that huge castle and was bored after that because any old roof top was safe.

heh :) I'm reading that as good news :)

Agree w you re A16. Though one thing I am hoping survives is being able to melee, at least some, during horde night. Totally fine if that winds up being a sacrificial area that won't last all night & you expect to have to retreat. Also fine if that means I'll have to play at a lower difficulty. I'd just strongly prefer not to have the only viable option to live through a BM be shooting down at z's &/or turrets doing all the work. I didn't sharpen that axe just to shave after all :)

No we have texture streaming so enjoy. We have optimized memory, but cpu and gpu, and tons of other stuff needs improved yet.

Ah, cool! Thanks for the reply, that 3.5 GB was looking verrrry suspicious! :suspicious:

Absolutely not. I'm not super worried about the difficulty yet but this play nomad and forget building a base stuff is where I draw the line. Building a base is my #1 thing in this game. Screw nomad. I get you probably like that but I'm 100% against it. This game for me is at it's best with cool base building.

I want base building from day 1. Next you will be suggesting some kind of blight to spread through destroying everything we built. Oh wait lol

Definitely start a base on day 1 then. It is 100% possible. Upgrade later when you have better building tools. I just wouldn't use your main base with all of your stuff in it to fight the 7 day hordes. Nothing has changed in that respect. Maybe some building items aren't available, so improvise! Nomad for some - homestead for others. It's all possible still.

The new melee aiming kind of sucks. I like that it's more accurate now but it works like shooting a laser rather then swinging a club that has a travel path. I'm finding myself missing in places where it is physically impossible to miss.

For example, it should be impossible to hit a wall behind a zombie with a downward swing when your crosshair happens to be under an armpit at the moment when it registers.

Will there be weapon swing path calculations at some point?

I love the features im finding on this alpha =)

The only thing i dont like and i hope (me and many players) is that we can only have 1 claim active, it limits a lot the buildings people can create and protect on servers, on my server usually u can see awesome bases with underground roads, sriusly, amazing buildings, but with only one claim active it's impossible protect everything, hope it can be at least an option for servers where they can choose between one claim or all the claims people want (making them expensive as they used to be)

I love the features im finding on this alpha =)

The only thing i dont like and i hope (me and many players) is that we can only have 1 claim active, it limits a lot the buildings people can create and protect on servers, on my server usually u can see awesome bases with underground roads, sriusly, amazing buildings, but with only one claim active it's impossible protect everything, hope it can be at least an option for servers where they can choose between one claim or all the claims people want (making them expensive as they used to be)

Madmole promised to address this at one of their meetings, so I hope they realize the implications of their changes were bigger than anticipated and they put the onus of spawn blocking and workstation grabbing back on the bed roll where it belongs, so that PvE and PvP communities don't continue to suffer from this oversight.

hi can someone answer this questions why it is so?

why were all the lamps removed? can you only build the simple lamp? the lamps exist in the creative menu but you can't build them in the workbench anymore, are they still handed over or have they been removed for performance reasons?

In A16 could still build the lamps with current function .[ATTACH=CONFIG]25529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25530[/ATTACH]

20181121190026_1.thumb.jpg.bfe436a0f931f9d2f806228915b6408b.jpg

20181121185732_1.thumb.jpg.25dd95616af866b57d11095de47b12bb.jpg

Now that perks are done Gazz can properly balance the firearms. I'm shooting for 2 pistol shots to the head with no perks to kill a weak zombie, so by the time you get a couple perks or mods you'll be one shot killing easy zombies to the head. But yes they are pathetic in current form it took 5 shots to kill a weak zed to the head and 5 point blank shotgun headshots to kill a biker. That is just wrong.

I upped the entity damage for the rifles AND for the bullets. Methinks I went too far when the M10 says 1597 damage with no perks.

(in 16 I had in the 700s with perks, and that was the sweet spot. Lower zeds dead in 1 shot, bears/green zeds only if from stealth and to the head, otherwise 2-4 shots. Cops took several)

One thing unexpected, at that damage, the bullets impart a HUGE kinetic impact. Such that the zeds AND the bears will do a backflip, or if sleepers, bounce off the ground in hilarious ways. IF you can shoot a vulture in the air, it goes right up until out of sight... wait.. it will plop back down. Of course, a good power attack hit on the vultures bounces them off like hitting a baseball. That's cool)

I saw the notes in the items.xml that rifles are weak, but didn't want bandits toting super heavy stuff (and yes, modding the rifles up once bandits come in, would be very bad (unless you want to get instagibbed, in which case...)

I think upping the damage for the better bullets would be the way to go (and will fiddle with that).

oh, the exploding crossbow bolts are super weak now, I've seriously upped that one, but haven't tested it yet in 199.

tis on my list. :)

(I'm ex-artillery, what can I say. I want portable cannons.) heh-heh-heh.

Is there still no way to unload the bullets from weapons (aside from the 'modify' option which seems to only be available for weapons above level 1) ?

I don't know how it this is because a weapon can take multiple ammo types, but if I hold the reload button in until the ammo selection screen shows up, one of the items has "0". I select this and the weapon unloads.

Archived