Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

wtf, i have day 7 and i saw two police officers and one radio-active bloated walker, this is not normal, how can i kill these zombies with iron reinforced club ? And delete some sleepers from houses, in one house is at least 20 sleepers, i think the normal family have 5 members.

Our testers do MP testing and have not reported any major issues that I recall. We really need some build in latency generation for local testing, since I get 0-1 ms delay when working on MP.

-faatal

-

Linux has an easy method to add in latency, should already be part of most distros networking: " tc "

- - add a ' qdisc ' and a ' netem ' parameter.

Something like: tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 30ms

If you're not hosting MP on a Linux box you can still use this. Just set it up on any Linux box available on your lan and route through it.

Might want to throw in another nic so all of that boxes traffic isn't delayed.

Edit: can't recall for sure but I know we had 4ea Quad port nics in lab servers; quite likely we came in one nic-port and out another. Mentioning it so if you do wind up routing thru a seperate box and the delay isn't appearing you might either need to re-order a single nics config or add a nic to get the delay to be applied.

Use to do this all the time in a testing lab. You can even simulate dropping packets, etc., if you want to.

Will save you $50k on a traffic shaper, hope it helps :)

Not sure if this was intentional, but it was pretty hilarious. I was at a trader and a wandering horde walked into the perimeter wall. Since they have super hearing/homing beacons to the player, they stacked into one spot and started jumping. Before too long the ones in the back were jumping onto the heads of the zombies in front and then jumped over the wall into the traders.

This was in Navezgane.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25488[/ATTACH]

Edit: Forgot to mention I like it. Definitely keeps you on your toes.

i did a video showcasing this a couple days ago before people would say its a bug LOL

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94037-How-are-you-going-to-deal-with-Jumping-Zombies-and-Better-Faster-Spiders&p=871422&viewfull=1#post871422

Yea I think the 7 days hordes need some balancing with all the changes, especially with the removal of log spikes and how long the new spikes last. Defending a base early game is extremely hard and I hate hiding on top of random building just to avoid the destruction of my newly started base.

Had my first bloodmoon horde and i think the new pathing is a little bit too perfect. One zombie made a little opening in my walls and all other zombies wherever they where went around the whole base to go through this little opnening and avoided all traps on their way.

In general i like the new pathing because it makes them more dangerous but they are brainless zombies after all.

Maybe add some rng to the pathing so that some of them are forced to do stupid decisions in their pathing.

And i really dont like how max stamina is bound tightly to hunger. It goes down fast even with some perks invested. Solution ist to eat all the time or live with low stamina and make regular breaks to wait for stamina regain. Not really a fun gameplay mechanic.

Maybe dont make its linear, more like a exponential function. For example with 80% hunger you are still good to go but when hunger goes down to 50% or lower then your max stamina goes fast down.

love you man. you are obviously very good at what you do. the changes you have done have me on the edge of my chair with panic and exitement.

but...

some choices that have been made are straight wack.

the only one i am not willing to roll on is the toggle run on the controller being removed. it physically hurts the thumb. no kidding. and removes any chance of combat finesse. we play for hours and hours ar a stretch. get the twits who made the decision to play for 4 hrs with a controller and ask how their left thumb is.

this is the one and only thing that ruins the game for me. if it isnt fixed i will not be able to continue to play.

seems like many others also dont like this change.

roland - is this a candidate for a poll?

how many use controllers and of those who want left stick toggle run vs numb thumb9

at the same time left click vs right click for the mouse users.

Agreed.. if you aren't playing with a controller, you can't really decide that removing it is a good idea. Are any of the main developers making this decision even using a controller? If not, the need to do it even for an hour or so and try to do a close combat in a poi to see how hard it is to navigate and run when you need to.

What bugging me is that no one is even saying they'll look into the matter.

Before it was fixed, we had to screw around with steam controller settings for a few hours to try to implement how is worked on the ps4, and even then it was dodgy.

If they don't like how it works for kb/mouse, then just make it work with a controller, or give us a menu option for it. It make no sense at all to toggle stealth and not be able to toggle running.

It IS good to see controller issues adressed in .199, but it is not good to not see this as a known issue.

But seriously, the new quality system sucks. Please go back to the "assemble your gun" system. In the first day I had like 4 AK-47s, no ammo as it all vanished from my inventory because of a bug. The old system felt rewarding as you worked hard to upgrade your gun as well as maintain it. Also, yes, zombies are just spawning in front of people, the zombie spawning is out of control atm.

Honestly the old system was just bad and not emersive like why would some1 keep just the barrel of a gun in the safe what happened with the rest of the gun , but i get your point i would like to see less gun drops so when you find one then it feels rewarding

Okay, just a few things:

1) I found the jump distance for zombies in xml, what's the amount for 1 block height? I put 1.1 for basic zombies and they still do the crouching tiger hidden dragon on me lol...but power hitting a flying zombie is so satisfying. just wanted some insight on that though..once I know what 1 block is, I can work from there

2)my textures are set to quarter quality, and in a16 I could see stuff just fine. Now in A17 e b199, since b197, I have stuff rendered as if I found a setting lower than 1/8th

3)will there be an option to turn off screen overlay stuff on the HUD? (like when you bleed, get overheated, start to freeze, or the visual effect from being buzzed)

anyway, Happy Thanksgiving yall! enjoy a day to celebrate food and things to be thankful for :D

like super awesome sledgehammer power moves that send zombies soaring or send one over a wall as they jump it lol

I had a bear get on top of a dog and get into a trader - that was funny and deadly for me.

yep, i am still waiting to see the snake do that or climb a ladder (even tho they not suppose to) but damn.... anything can happen :)

i just got a bad feeling about a17 where zombies and animals will do anything to get their meal. :(

Honestly the old system was just bad and not emersive like why would some1 keep just the barrel of a gun in the safe what happened with the rest of the gun , but i get your point i would like to see less gun drops so when you find one then it feels rewarding

Im fine with abundance och weapons after the Apocalypse. But they should do some heavy damage. A head shot is a head shot and should be a instant kill.

Now if TFP wants to balance it, Make ammo super rare.

That is probably what would happen! Every one emptying their guns on bullet sponge zombies so now the world is out of ammo :D

I just had a zombie spawn inside of a Working Stiff store I am living on and have my bed spawned on... No way he got inside as the entire thing is surrounded by spikes (had to injure myself to get him). In Navesgane day 6 and this is the first incident. Is this a known issue or should I report?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the bedroll only protects an area of 11 meters out from the "pillow" of the bedroll in each direction. Depending where your bedroll was placed, it might not have covered all the spawn points inside the store. Or yes, it might have just walked in over the spikes.

Archived