Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I loved this game soooo much, played it last 6 month, tried a lot of mods etc.

But this new system sucks. Why did you chance " everything ". For me and lot of my community it's a " new game " but we didnt' want a new game, we love the skillsystem in 16 and so on.

Why using " normal bandage " to increase Health ?? Tethering stamina / hunger ok but balance it pls.

I'm waiting for some patches but I think I will not play it if 17 stable looks like exp :( sorry FunPimps

This is literally my only real complaint from 17 so far. They did such a GREAT job making everything ELSE more difficult and slowed down but the removal of the parts system and the removal of the action xp and quality levels has GREATLY diminished any variety or reward for getting better loot. Mind you i looted a level 4 spiked club on day 3 in my game and i feel ZERO need to ever replace it or upgrade it. it has 2 mods so far and for me it feels like an endgame weapon... on day 3.

The mods are not THAT great at all, and so far they haven't offered me enough variety to compensate for what we lost in the 1-500 quality system. A combo of the two would have been EPIC. But unfortunately it seems they went the way of simpler is better when it comes to stats on weapons.

I mean Im told that using your axe to level it was a stupid RPG type style of gameplay that felt grindy, yet adding black dye to my club to make it stronger is what...immersive? If anything skilling up through USING your weapon makes WAY more sense and its a very rewarding system.

I think that can be fixed. Not my department, but scale the loot somehow.

The use it to skill up vs the generic get xp and pick your poison never bothered me one way or the other. They both work and have their pros and cons. I don't consider using a skill to get better all that realistic, since many people repeatedly do things in life and still suck at them. I think natural talent plays a bigger part, which is more akin to roll some stats and pick your class at the beginning of a game method.

I loved this game soooo much, played it last 6 month, tried a lot of mods etc.

But this new system sucks. Why did you chance " everything ". For me and lot of my community it's a " new game " but we didnt' want a new game, we love the skillsystem in 16 and so on.

Why using " normal bandage " to increase Health ?? Tethering stamina / hunger ok but balance it pls.

I'm waiting for some patches but I think I will not play it if 17 stable looks like exp :( sorry FunPimps

I would suggest you play it for a while before you make that decision. First impressions are often wrong and then you might be missing out on something good.

And you can always go back to a16.

Not sure if this is deliberate or if I've made a mistake, but is compound bow supposed to be just about the only non-craftable item? There seem to be perks for to unlock for crafting just about everything else in the game from every firearm, chainsaws, augers etc. As well as several weapon mods with schematics, but compound bow is just nowhere to be seen?

I know it's probably not a big deal, you can likely find a decent one anyway and keep it repaired with repair kits, but it seems strange when we can craft everything else that this isn't attached to any of the perks, or at least not mentioned in the descriptions of any that I could see. Every other item appears in the craft menu, even if you haven't unlocked it, so it seems like compound bow just doesn't have a recipe?

Well i saw in a video one of devs posted on youtube some time ago the zombies health on top of their head..i played a little and i can't see this now,was removed or what?

EDIT: And why after clear a POI zombies respawn with me inside..and a lot of zombies detect me and i m constantly harras by tham even i hide and i dont make any single sound..they always know where i m ...in A16 this thing not exist...i know the game must be harder but..rly...its annoing when zombies spawn in your head..they litterarly drop from sky..

Turn down gamma

Here's 0% gamma. The white haze is still retina-searing at 6pm. And most scenes have become too dark to play on 0% anyway.

I'm fine because I play for the gameplay and it's awesome, but wanted to point out that the people complaining are not imagining things.

20181122173149_1.thumb.jpg.d4737c6da3fef717e6f9f3941a35b406.jpg

edit - for context, this is a blue sky with clouds, believe it or not

splat3.png in RWG-created world folders show the major and minor roads.

splat3.png in the Navesgane world folder has a different thumbnail preview than the actual image (when you open the PNG file). PNG data in the actual splat3 once you open it or preview it, shows a blank file.

Was this intended? Both would not have anything to do with the fog of war, but splat2.png shows another bumpmap variant within the burnt forest biome. (Thanks in advance)

Imo there needs to be a max count for the water towers in RWG - the town I'm currently in has way too many, neither logical nor immersive.

Maybe there is a secret underground facility where hundreds of scientists work to create anything from sham to the latest discoveries in biological weaponry. They may need all of that water!!!

Graphics issues

Sorry to repost but I need someone to help me with really bad graphics everything is blurry blobs, like a bad water coloring, can I get some suggestions for changes to my settings? Please and Thank you

I had similar issues, reset to medium graphics, turn off vsync and drop resolution to 1366x768 fixed it for me

I just love the way it looks so far... great graphics, some distant views look awesome, thx alot!

Perhaps a little too much birdnests... never found this many before... but okay, take that for granted... :p

So far it seems that every house I encounter has sleepers and a lot... not only 1 or 2... but sometimes 10...

And sometimes they just spawn right in front of me or in the room behind me when I turn back into the room I just looted.

Dunno if this is planned and if other players experience this as well?

Archived