Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Roland or Madmole or someone could you please delete all posts and follow up posts in reference to the Cultists house.

Thanks in advance.

***Content deleted because the post was a unintentional spoiler and after being talked to about it and looking into it I don't know how to hide it with the spoiler shield.

I think you just fixed it yourself mostly, again no worries, I'm more than happy to go get me some goodies and know to be ready for something in that place.

I just had a zombie spawn inside of a Working Stiff store I am living on and have my bed spawned on... No way he got inside as the entire thing is surrounded by spikes (had to injure myself to get him). In Navesgane day 6 and this is the first incident. Is this a known issue or should I report?

Thanks!

What is this The Ring? Do we die 7 Days after we play the game?? ♥♥♥♥ I only got a few days left...so what happens the game will launch even with my computer turned off and zombies come out of the screen and kill me now??

I told them to add it to the notes, because you will die. It may take some time, but invariably, somewhere and somehow they will get you.

Several devs read these posts. Just because you don't like something does not mean we are going to change it. We have many testers who give us feedback every day and we play the game too. Generally, we do what seems best to us to make a successful game. Everyone has an opinion. My opinion is it is fine the way it is. We may change our minds as we experiment with the experimental. That is the development process.

Sure, but at the same time, you are making a game for the people that play it, not for you. If you only do what you think is good, and ignore the player base, you won't have a player base much longer. It's the same for any company. Ignoring what your customers are telling you is a surefire way to go out of business. Source: Over 10+ years running a successful business. And also, my friends that own successful businesses in other areas than mine say the same thing.

Xeen, I have never had a more satisfying moment from a gleefully tossed molotov, it was perfect for that. Thanks to you I finally went home and crafted some. Wrapping things up with my AK was just icing on the firey cake. So that went from "damnit" to "awwww yeah" in realtime.

Great way to end the night, hope you all have good fam time tomorrow and get some A17 hours in after your food-coma nap.

RWG seems to have lost some of its magic. It seems that as if every RWG has Cold in the north, forest/burn/wastes in the middle and desert in the south.

I have to agree but I hope they aren't done making changes to it. Seems like random gen pretty mest up right now anyway, I can't come up with any decent seeds. All the maps I generate either have roads with no POIs, or towns with no roads, and even maps that turn out ok have no cities or large buildings. Really wish they would bring back hub cities :(

I just had a zombie spawn inside of a Working Stiff store I am living on and have my bed spawned on... No way he got inside as the entire thing is surrounded by spikes (had to injure myself to get him). In Navesgane day 6 and this is the first incident. Is this a known issue or should I report?

Thanks!

Depends. Zombies can walk through spikes and survive. Depends on their move speed, angles they touch them, and if they jumped.

It is impossible to say I know nothing was there if you can't see what is there. I started a new game tonight and have cleared the upper floors of this pig house (don't know this POI name), so those volumes are clear, but I never cleared the whole basement. When I get back down there, it will have spawns somewhere, since I know I left at least one boar.

The barn across the street I cleared, except for 3 ferals in the upper section with the loot. I aggroed them twice, but died both times. Third time I pulled them from ledge where they could not get me and they fell off. Got the loot and then was able to kill with arrows from above, then used melee on the last one. Each time I returned to those ferals, they were in different spots, but the same ones. No other zombies have spawned in the barn since I cleared the lower sections.

I will be using the barn for my 7th day base. Made of wood, so it will probably get trashed, but there is a sturdy looking silo next to it, so maybe will retreat to that as the barn gets weak. Could ring the silo with spikes.

It will take logging of all the types of spawns to determine why different situations happen. I need to expand that, so every spawn case is represented in the logs and in a clear format. Then we should be able to see what is really going on.

But seriously, the new quality system sucks. Please go back to the "assemble your gun" system. In the first day I had like 4 AK-47s, no ammo as it all vanished from my inventory because of a bug. The old system felt rewarding as you worked hard to upgrade your gun as well as maintain it. Also, yes, zombies are just spawning in front of people, the zombie spawning is out of control atm.

some choices that have been made are straight wack.

the only one i am not willing to roll on is the toggle run on the controller being removed. it physically hurts the thumb. no kidding. and removes any chance of combat finesse. we play for hours and hours ar a stretch. get the twits who made the decision to play for 4 hrs with a controller and ask how their left thumb is.

this is the one and only thing that ruins the game for me. if it isnt fixed i will not be able to continue to play.

seems like many others also dont like this change.

I don't know that that was intentional. I don't use the controller and can't recall any of us saying they do. Sounds like something we should fix, but that is my own opinion.

But seriously, the new quality system sucks. Please go back to the "assemble your gun" system. In the first day I had like 4 AK-47s, no ammo as it all vanished from my inventory because of a bug. The old system felt rewarding as you worked hard to upgrade your gun as well as maintain it. Also, yes, zombies are just spawning in front of people, the zombie spawning is out of control atm.

This is literally my only real complaint from 17 so far. They did such a GREAT job making everything ELSE more difficult and slowed down but the removal of the parts system and the removal of the action xp and quality levels has GREATLY diminished any variety or reward for getting better loot. Mind you i looted a level 4 spiked club on day 3 in my game and i feel ZERO need to ever replace it or upgrade it. it has 2 mods so far and for me it feels like an endgame weapon... on day 3.

The mods are not THAT great at all, and so far they haven't offered me enough variety to compensate for what we lost in the 1-500 quality system. A combo of the two would have been EPIC. But unfortunately it seems they went the way of simpler is better when it comes to stats on weapons.

I mean Im told that using your axe to level it was a stupid RPG type style of gameplay that felt grindy, yet adding black dye to my club to make it stronger is what...immersive? If anything skilling up through USING your weapon makes WAY more sense and its a very rewarding system.

Its a buff in buffs.xml. Its in the Illness Debuff section. If you need more help than this you shouldn't be editing xml files. In that case, I'd wait until stable or until a mod is released which alters/removes the NearDeath debuff.

Thank you. I just set the duration to 0.

Sure, but at the same time, you are making a game for the people that play it, not for you. If you only do what you think is good, and ignore the player base, you won't have a player base much longer. It's the same for any company. Ignoring what your customers are telling you is a surefire way to go out of business. Source: Over 10+ years running a successful business. And also, my friends that own successful businesses in other areas than mine say the same thing.

I've been making games professionally since 1990. When I say "what seems best to make a successful game", I'm not talking about my favorite color or anything else about my choices, but the entirety of the development process and the final product. That encompasses everything including how players will react to features. 20 people can come on these forums and complain about whatever, but they are often not the majority. We are not building a house for one person, but for millions with a million opinions and in the end we do what seems best.

I've been making games professionally since 1990. When I say "what seems best to make a successful game", I'm not talking about my favorite color or anything else about my choices, but the entirety of the development process and the final product. That encompasses everything including how players will react to features. 20 people can come on these forums and complain about whatever, but they are often not the majority. We are not building a house for one person, but for millions with a million opinions and in the end we do what seems best.

If you really want to know what is best, you should listen to my wife..

Personally I hated it. When I first started playing back in A14-15 I thought it was stupid. The world is full of assembled guns, so why was I finding all these useless bits and pieces? Now if you were looting a gun factory, sure, but that would rarely happen.

Faatal

The patch does not need a new game to see this change?

"Animal gore to roads for an easy supply of bone shivs and bones for glue."

I don't know if that change would appear or not, but I do know some data changed that was making errors for the testers, so I would start a new game.

Archived