Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have been playing on NAV mode for 3 days. I am now on night 6 and I have been able to do nothing for securing a base. I have been attacked from everywhere. I will be unable to make a base or secure a place for 7th day horde night. I am hoping if I stay at the farm house barn i might be safe. I spawned in on the south in the winter biom which needs balancing. On the right track, but you will die.

Has anyone tested Healing Factor? I put it on my character, but noticed no change. I was at 55 health, and I thought it was supposed to regen 1 HP every 30 secs? I never got an HP back at all until I ate some food.

Am I just not understanding how it is supposed to work?

Sorry it was a joke :)

Nice, lol.

Seriously great update, no real issues other than trader in B197; not just initial quest but also subsequent quests such as 'Lady Killer'.

FPS at a steady 60-65, occasional stutter but nothing to write home about. Loving the whole game play thing, its much better.

Man how is anybody complaining about this? I think I am enjoying every single decision the Funpimps made! Sure it sucks to run out of stamina, but perk for it and it gets better. I used to have stacks of hundreds of bacon and eggs. At least now I have a reason to eat the food.

As for you guys with 15 FPS... I built my computer in 2011 and I am getting 30 to 41 FPS. Are you running a sweet potato or an Idaho spud?

I really love the new zombie loot system too. It is actually exciting to see loot drop from them now. I love the idea of great stuff dropping every once in a while instead of crap every time. It used to take me an entire day to clean up all the loot and bodies after a horde.

GREAT JOB GUYS!! Well worth the wait!

Thank you, much appreciated. I believe that the performance issues are related to shadows and high resolution.

Did you push a dedicated server update for Linux? I do:

app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental

but it does not update and is still on "Server version: Alpha 17 (b197)". I even did -validate

Do I need specify the version to download this for the dedicated linux server?

Has anyone tested Healing Factor? I put it on my character, but noticed no change. I was at 55 health, and I thought it was supposed to regen 1 HP every 30 secs? I never got an HP back at all until I ate some food.

Am I just not understanding how it is supposed to work?

on or server we all have it. of course it does not restore max health damage, use bandages for that.

Flurry of blows

Just confirmed this still isn't working with the new build with pickaxes, fire axes and sledgehammers. They all swing at the exact same speed with and without the perk. Both normal and power attacks. Another interesting thing, those 3 also still double attack while the clubs and such are fixed now. May be a connection there?

Yeah, i found out about this the hard way with a nightly horde visit. I have to rethink my base setups now. Now to figure out a way to use that against them...

The game now has a comical "spy vs spy" feel to it, only instead of two spies killing each other, it is more like "me vs the zombies".

Bandit armor is now "iron armor", so i am wondering if the bandits will still be a thing?

@Hald, So far i can only write comment about the graphics. With a few adjustments, This is what i see, Joel. the Detail blows 16 away. Faatal: Ai pathing, long story short. They did a Jurrassic park on me in, in an attic bathroom. no stairs. they went out the other window and came around. Nice.A17.0_2018-11-21_11-36-13.jpgA17.0_2018-11-21_11-38-16.jpg

Yeah I don't see what this washed out comments are, that is what my game looks like in your shots. Looks great compared to A16 and we have a lot more improvements we can make.

I am loving the game but here are my issues so far some have stated as well.

#1 Zeds spawning out of no where right on me ( issue from another alpha)

#2 When repairing stuff in inventory it dont tell you what it requires to repair.

#3 Can you change perks so the ones gated states whats required to unlock it? It dont state what level or number of perks elsewhere are needed to unlock it.

#4 Sleepers spawning way to late in buildings, clear a room loot something and turn around and there are zeds back in spots I know I cleared (happened in another alpha as well)

I know its experimental not being critical just letting you know, keep up the great work.

Zeds can break out of closets, drop through flaky ceilings and come in from other rooms or even wander in from outside. I've never seen any zombie spawn in front of me, they are just sneakier than A16.

Madmole is freaking awesome and so is all the other staff!!!

I like mostly all the changes. My favorites are the perks, how stamina is tied to fullness, how you have to use normal bandages to up your max hp, and the dungeons from hell.

I experienced my first feral horde tonight before going to work. I took over a 2 story partially constructed shack or small house and filled the first floor with spikes and had 4 rows of spikes around the outside. The first wave all followed the same path through the spikes and broke through the wall and into the house. They all died to the spikes. Another wave came and they all followed the exact same path and went directly into the opening in the wall and they all died to the spike. Glad I put the spikes in there lol.

As I am typing this i just had an idea 9f using iron bars for part of the floor on the second story so I can at least shoot at them when they break in.

Hopefully I don't see the glowing walkers for a long while lol.

Thanks again for all the amazing work you guys do!!! Happy holidays!

What is the Steam Experimental Build number for b199? when i try to update using steamcmd im getting a notice that im already up to date but yet when i look at the log file (newly generated) im still seeing b197.

Steam Stable Build = 2222523

Steam Experimental Build = 3321792

Local Build = 3321792

What is the Steam Experimental Build number for b199? when i try to update using steamcmd im getting a notice that im already up to date but yet when i look at the log file (newly generated) im still seeing b197.

Steam Stable Build = 2222523

Steam Experimental Build = 3321792

Local Build = 3321792

sometimes restarting steam works

Not sure if this was intentional, but it was pretty hilarious. I was at a trader and a wandering horde walked into the perimeter wall. Since they have super hearing/homing beacons to the player, they stacked into one spot and started jumping. Before too long the ones in the back were jumping onto the heads of the zombies in front and then jumped over the wall into the traders.

This was in Navezgane.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25488[/ATTACH]

Edit: Forgot to mention I like it. Definitely keeps you on your toes.

Joe made that, it's pretty cool.

Hmm the screenshots above make me realise we're not all looking at the same thing. The feedback about graphics is hard to interpret without seeing what others are seeing. Most likely people complaining have the same aesthetic as me - it's not terrible but you can see the white haze permeating everything, the sky is blown out (default gamma), the grass not rendering (I only have 3gb vram).

Changing graphics settings doesn't improve any of these things, so it seems like a more general issue with dynamic range / colour. (not sure what's killing the grass though)

Hope this helps

20181122131446_1.jpg.02d7cefcad82d2497e8e10852ea9704b.jpg

Archived