Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Madmole,

Question...the new steep roofs on the POIs caused you to slide down and are unable to climb up. I dont see them as craftable....only the inside and outside corners...from what I see....

Can they be made cradtable do we can make slides out of bases?? Since ziplines are on hold???

Ouch

Anyone else having issues with Claim blocks on Multiplayer servers?

example you set down a claim and it works. you move to another location and set down a new claim you made, the old one is not active and the new one is active but everyone can smash your base and your claim.

The server is setup to infinite online and offline and 14 day claims.

we even had an admin drop a new claim in case the player made claims where bugs.

many players are having the same issues.

Faatal, you mentioned arrows hitting targets made noise, does that mean they can be used as distractions?

It does not. No.

If you mean by hitting an Arrow upon the ground, and a Zombie goes to investigate.

To faatal specifically, you are like some wish granting demon that gives the person what they want but then adds in something they will regret. LOL You did an amazing job on the zombie AI. I was just expecting them to not spin in circles and make it over a block sometimes. I was inside a trader and a horde was outside banging trying to get in, by the time I got up to the wall they were climbing on top of each other and got in! WTF, that was awesome, very World War Z! And that vulture AI has got me so paranoid looking in all directions constantly. You are going to owe me so many new pairs of underwear. LOL Excellent job! Are you in charge of bandits and NPCs for the A18?

Thanks.

The shipping bandit AI will probably be an extension of the current animal/zombie AI, so I would think it will fall to me. NPCs would depend on if they need an AI to do anything besides talk to you.

Can't believe the thing about Zombie Soldier Feral and above.. :f

- - - Updated - - -

Weapons with level 1 has no modify button ))

Correct, but you can still hold R and change bullet type to Steel, ejecting the Brass ones.. vice versa.

Would prefer a dedicated 'Unload' button still.. :c

We know it does, but no easy fix. I would like the bridges lowered so flat like a real bridge, but there were problems if moved down, so still on todo list.

You do know even on a smaller bridge a center pillar system is not unheard of. That would fix it for sure.

Correct, but you can still hold R and change bullet type to Steel, ejecting the Brass ones.. vice versa.

But what can I do if I have in my inventory all types of bullets? )))

Will I must drop one of bullet type before ejecting ammunitions from weapons? )))

- Show up to quest marker, see deer, chase>kill>harvest

- Go back to quest area, bouncy marker gone, go in and clear building expecting to find Fetch item, there is none.

- Go back out to where marker was, walk into blank space and THEN it asked to start quest.(mind you marker is no longer visible)

- Start quest... see another deer, chase>kill>harv... "quest failed"

- Go back to storage box I dropped just before... and starting the quest removed it, contents included.

So, I guess the only bug part is the quest marker disappearing before the quest was initiated. Otherwise I just learned a lot of hard lessons all at once, but that's useful, and I got a ton of deer meat in the process.

Drama queen ?

The truth is i had 2 heart attacks.

When i play A17 i have really chest tightness.

Maybe its really time to leave the 7D2D train.

What you name "Difficulty" i name painfull cumbersome.

That has nothing to do with easy or a challenge.

Maybe the fun pimps should rename to "The anti fun pimps" if its not possible to make a game challenging without "out of stamina"

With a few perks, and some food stamina is not a problem at all. There are 5 free perks for finishing the quest. I suggest you consider all stamina related ones and food gathering ones if its such an issue for your play style. We are working on some small tweaks to hunger/stamina though. 2 Agility, slow metabolism, cardio and sexual t rex come to mind.

Just hit the modify button, ammo is ejected.

not completely true, I have 2 shotguns that dont have a modify button so cant unload

A17.0_2018-11-21_18-14-24.thumb.jpg.12f26ddd359ec875faf70e5295d88250.jpg

the pic is so MM sees it

Would prefer a dedicated 'Unload' button still.. :c

thanks for this, feel like an idiot for that.

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)
So not all Traders have a working forge for you? I am very lucky then as they have 3 things working every time.

I had built concrete blocks and started on reinforced concrete by end of Day 2! (120 min days, so..)

For melee stamina:

1) Make sure your water is 100%

2) Buy the two perks that boost stamina and reduce stamina loss.

I'm pretty sure water only has to be 50% or more to be optimal. Drinking water though gives you a short buff that increases regen.

Why would a sound made 30ft from me where the arrow hits affect my stealth meter? (I haven't been following this discussion closely so sorry if this question is silly in context.)

The twang of releasing the arrow.

I really struggled with the fps and motion sickness when I started A17. I usually do not run Vsync but had to turn it on to get rid of the motion sickness feeling. Unfortunately 15 fps was all I could get and 10 in buildings. Kinda a sucked.

However using the Geforce experience program to "optimize" my settings it recommended lowering my resolution (1920 x 1060 I think). I did so fearing I would lose quality (I play on a 70" screen). Not only did I not notice any difference in graphics (game looks amazing btw) but my fps jumped to 30 even in buildings)

On top of that I decided to turn of Vsync after changing the resolution and BAM! my fps jumped to 60 or better on average with almost all other settings on Max (Geforce 1060, i5 and 16GB Ram)

I was considering attempting to overclock but don't see the need to try it now. Hope this helps anyone struggling with fps drop.

I've been screaming this and I think the release notes say it too. Lower your damn resolution, the game still looks great and you can triple your FPS.

Ah, I put some pants on, that worked, am no longer encumbered by the cold. Lol, well upgraded from strawpants to bluejeans, but it seems to have been enough of a difference. Well, so far I have answered my two only forum questions by playing a few more minutes after posting... I'll try not to do that anymore. However the Quest Marker disappearing visually, even though it was still there, is a valid bug.

Anyone else having issues with Claim blocks on Multiplayer servers?

example you set down a claim and it works. you move to another location and set down a new claim you made, the old one is not active and the new one is active but everyone can smash your base and your claim.

The server is setup to infinite online and offline and 14 day claims.

we even had an admin drop a new claim in case the player made claims where bugs.

many players are having the same issues.

Where to begin with Land Claim Blocks and Alpha 17. You're probably already aware that you can only have 1 LCB per player. Placing a new one will deactivate the old one because that is the new mechanic in A17 that TFP decided upon. They felt the old system was a cancer with spamming of LCBs. The other issue I am seeing myself which is even a bigger concern are LCBs going inactive randomly on their own. Sometimes it happens within seconds. Sometimes the claim will last a few hours to 12 hours. No explanation for it. You can also open the ingame map and see player LCBs (represented by brick wall icons). Not entirely sure if the indicator is showing all inactive claims or what. I'm hoping there are LCBs changes/fixes in the near future. Difficult having a multiplayer server when player LCBs are randomly going inactive on them. Try explaining to a player why their base was protected an hour ago and now the claim is dead. We have expiration at 30 days, decay at infinite until expiration and modifier at 0 (infinite) for online and offline.

I've been screaming this and I think the release notes say it too. Lower your damn resolution, the game still looks great and you can triple your FPS.

- Yes, I dropped mine from 3440x1440 to 2560x1080 and the performance difference was huge, and it still looks great.

Drama queen ?

The truth is i had 2 heart attacks.

When i play A17 i have really chest tightness.

Maybe its really time to leave the 7D2D train.

What you name "Difficulty" i name painfull cumbersome.

That has nothing to do with easy or a challenge.

Maybe the fun pimps should rename to "The anti fun pimps" if its not possible to make a game challenging without "out of stamina"

You need to level up.. when you get perks set in, you'll find you'll never run out of Stamina.. unless you try.

And if you have chest tightness, and potential cardiac arrest, you are subjecting yourself at your own will to be exposed to such risks by playing this game.

If you do not wish to risk a potential fatal incursion upon your self, I suggest not playing the game.

... I really.. shouldn't have to point this out. :f

- - - Updated - - -

What do you recommend? Currently running pretty swell with 1080P with trees and shadows set low.